What is Your Favorite Nightwish Album?

Tramz

OSA Council Member
Aug 9, 2007
Long Island, New York
Now that the End of an Era is long behind us, this is a good time to refresh this topic. Everyone has had plenty of time to reflect on the past albums without the newness of one getting in the way. So tell us which album is your favorite, and why.

For me, it's Century Child. I came on board all the way back when AFF had just been released, i was lucky. But something about Century Child just nails it for me. From the opening notes of Bless The Child, it had me. Marco was just the perfect compliment, and i don't care if Tarja had a cold, she sounded great. Century Child also perfectly embodied the concept of an Oceansoul. For these reasons, it is my favorite.

Of course Wishmaster is a *very* close second, but 9 times out of 10, i'm going with CC for my favorite.

I think it really depends on my mood for the most part, haha. Oceanborn is what got me hooked on Nightwish and for the longest time I felt it was their best album. Century Child was up there for a while too. But, now that I think about, I really gotta say Ghost Love Score really put the nail in the coffin for me. I like the "Once" album a lot and would probably say it's one of my favorite at the moment.

I must say that Wishmaster comes in a really close second as well. I love that album.

Wow, this is a real tough one. I would have to say that Century Child is my favorite. Ever Dream just makes me feel like dancing, not to mention the amazing composition of "Phantom of the Opera".

Century Child is good but while it has some of my favorite songs on it, it also has some of my least favorite. That's the only NW CD where I'll actually skip tracks. Not because they aren't well done, but they just don't do it for me.

Wishmaster all the way :) GREAT singalong album.

Yeah, even though it's on Oceanborn, I sing along to Moondance all the time!

Anywho, I've always had a connection with Once, mostly because it was the album that got me into Nightwish.

Wishmaster is great for singing along... Anyone here remember "Moondance"? Just thought that I would ask.

I remember a Nightwish video I saw years ago.... I think they were playing the song Wishmaster and somehow blended it with Moondance, it sounded amazing.

If anyone has that video can you guys toss me a link?

ps: Ecaobia, I like your band.

For me, Nightwish has gotten better with each album, so Once takes the cake. Twas summer of 2004, I first heard Wishmaster and was intrigued...then Century Child, dug it even more...then Once, and I was fucking sold! I loved the heavier edge, the grandeur of the orchestral presence, the songwriting, and also Tarja's less operatic stylings :D

this is such a difficult question to answer.

Whenever they put out a new album..that's my favorite. Except for when Once came out. Once has never really impressed me that much. Good songs, but eh.

Oceanborn, Century Child, and Dark passion Play are the top 3 for me. In what order, depends on the mood.

this is such a difficult question to answer.

Whenever they put out a new album..that's my favorite. Except for when Once came out. Once has never really impressed me that much. Good songs, but eh.

Oceanborn, Century Child, and Dark passion Play are the top 3 for me. In what order, depends on the mood.

It must be something about us New Yawkas that don't really think too highly of Once, but put Century Child at or near the top. ;]

Well, I love them all for different reasons except for Angels fall first. (Sorry but it just doesn't do it for me. It is their debut so I'll cut 'em some slack here. Thank God Tuomas decided to leave the vocals well alone is all I'm saying)

Oceanborn and Wishmaster are pretty much level pegging it as best album and I do love Century Child. I like the scope of Once and the orchestra but I can't enjoy it as much as the others. There just seems to be not enough band and too much orchestra at times for me. I dunno, when it's good it's excellent but ....
I'm hoping I'll enjoy DPP as much.

I think Once is probably the best from a technical standpoint.... Century Child to me is best from an emotional standpoint.... but I am a choirgeek and I love sing-along songs so Wishmaster is at the top for me vying with Angels Fall First. And Oceanborn has its own special place in my heart.... Elvenpath and Devil and the Deep were by far my favorite songs for a very long time.

I always used to say Wishmaster when this topic came up. These days I say it's a dead tie between Wishmaster and Century Child.