What is Your Favorite Nightwish Album?

1. Dark Passion Play
Not a single bad song on the album (though I don't really care for "Heart" or "Night"), and my second favorite album of all time. I love the variation. From the filmscore on TPATP, the acoustic ballad that is The Islander, even the Nu-Metal MPG, it's an incredibly diverse, talented album.

2. Once
Ghost Love Score, Romanticide, and Dark Chest of Wonders are some of my favorite songs from Nightwish, ever. I also like WIHAA, Planet Hell, Dead Gardens, and Nemo a lot.

3. Century Child
End of All Hope got me into Nightwish. I love it to this day, and wish they'd play it live more often. I also love Ever Dream, Dead to the World, Slaying the Dreamer, The Phantom, and The Beauty of the Beast

4. Wishmaster
Epic disc (Kinslayer = pure win) full of symphonic fun

5. Angels Fall First
The first half of the CD is awesome, but the rest of it doesn't really hold my attention, for whatever reason

6. Oceanborn
Certain songs are amazing (Devil/Ocean and Pharoh), but the majority don't grab me like later NW do.

Thanks! Honestly, Once and Dark Passion Play are quite interchangeable, as are Angels Fall First and Oceanborn, but that's the general order. I think, on average, Nightwish is a band that has done an amazing job of progressing from album to album, legitimately showing growth and getting better.

Hej friends!

My new blog www.annelin-maailma.blogspot.com is online since two weeks and I have already posted two themes there where you can discuss/comment. It´s about Tarja´s new album "WLB" and the other one is about all Nightwish albums they have made so far and I would like to know what you think about Tarja´s new album and/or which is for you the best Nightwish album and your favourite songs.

I´d be glad if you like my blog and you maybe follow me on blogspot/twitter/facebook/youtube. :)

Terveisiä from eastern Finland!

Too hard to choose, really! %)))
As for me... Well, Won't I be beaten if I name "Wishmaster" as the best NightWish album ever? %))) In fact, all of their albums are great, except, maybe, "Dark Passion Play". Of course, DPP has a number of great tracks on it, but... It seems a bit unassembled.

For me the best one will always be Century Child. It just one big journey from the first notes from Bless The Child till the last notes from Beauty Of The Beast. The album is just perfect...

On second place are Angels Fall First and Dark Passion Play. Dark Passion Play was the first album I heard, and it will always stay at a special place in my heart for getting me into Nightwish.
Angels Fall First really gives me the 'innocence' feeling. (Unlike some others) I do think Tuomas' voice add's something to the songs he does sing on. Just because he's not a perfect singer it gives the songs such an innocent feeling in my opinion.

Third is Once. Love all the songs of it, especially Ghost Love Score. But not all the albums can be at second or first place...

Same goes for Wishmaster and Oceanborn. Wishmaster is fourth, because I like it more than Oceanborn. It sounds not fair to put them on the last two places, because also those albums are incredible. I love all the albums to no end :Spin:

Now that I'm more intimately familiar with all the music, I have to say, Once definitely tops Dark Passion Play for me. Also, in the american booklet, at least, there is an error in Ghost Love Score's lyrics.

The way the book is set up is this - if there is a repeat, like a chorus, the second time around it just has the first line followed by an ellipses. Well, on Ghost Love Score, for the chorus, it has:

-My fall will be for you-
My fall will be for you
My love will be in you
If you be the one to cut me
I'll bleed forever

and the second chorus has this:

-My fall will be for you...

But, the last chorus also has

-My fall will be for you...

even though the last 2 lines are changed slightly.....I'm lightly neurotic about those sorts of things. One of the main reasons I buy physical CDs is for the booklets :p

I think they had limited room in those booklets, because I have the European version of Once, and the entire poem at the end of "Creek Mary's Blood" is printed both in Lakota as well as the English translation. In the American booklet, I think only the Lakota poem is printed. I will have to check my booklets and see if the "Ghost Love Score" error is in both of them or only in one.

Actually, in the USA booklet, the poem is printed in English only....but you make a good point regardless. They didn't even include the bonus tracks' lyrics (which were both mediocre, compared to the rest of the CD...Live to Tell the Tale is decent....but I moderately dislike White Night Fantasy. The original CD (Dark Chest -> Higher than Hope) are all 10/10 songs though.