What is your reason for living?

Got nothing better to do. And since I started this for some reason, it should be finished too. But well...the real reason must be love. Hippie me. Music also, but it has begun to piss me off, I don´t think I live for music, it's just something I do.

i live for reverse-engineering of the human genome code and alter it to create monstroities ever unheard-of...

oops.
i think it's more like getting a job, having a family, have a nice flat, becoming grandpa and then finally disappear... nah

i will once be a famous rock star!

This is my reason. Right here, right now. This is it folks! What does the future matter? It never comes. What does the past matter? You can't do anythign with it. Right now is why I'm alive. Right now is the only place to find happiness; and right now, friends, is as beautiful as you want it to be.

I want to understand that which exists and create that which does not exist to the greatest extent which time can allow me before I leave.

D Mullholand

I am living to see why I am living. I want to see what happens, I want to see who my true love is, I want to see where I end up. I want to continue to see what happens to me and the world I live in. I live for what I love, and what I will love in the future, and there is no way I would want my life to end.

Good question. The most serious threat to modern man, it would seem , is not physical annihilation, but the alleged meaninglessness of life. This latent vacuum becomes manifest in a state of boredom. Automation will lead to more and more free time and many will not know how to use their leisure hours.

This is evidenced today by what Dr. Frankl refers to as Sunday neurosis, the depression that afflicts people who become conscious of the lack of content in their lives when the rush of the busy life stops. Nothing in the world helps man to keep healthy as much as the knowledge of a life task. Nietzche wisely said, "He who knows a Why of living surmounts every How".

I live because I believe things will get better in the future. I think that some day, things will change and I'll finally live my life the way I want to live.

...I could say a few other things, but you'd probably think I'm a little crazy.

music, and a god complex (joking!)

ummmm...probably milky way bars and Clive Barker books...that's about it....oh yeah, and my friends are great...

aesthetics

beauty, however wherever i percieve it. in my cat, my moms face, a song, a dead oppossum on the road....it gets me out of bed. keeps me going

Originally posted by TravestyOfMan
There's so much amazing stuff that I haven't experienced in this world yet, so I won't be leaving any time soon. :)

That is a great way to look at things. Even if your life sucks right now, there is so much out there to see and learn from that may improve things for you in the future. :headbang: