What kind of lyrical topics do you find interesting in heavy metal

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
For me fantasy, war, and mental illness are some topics I like. The kind of lyrics done earlier by Sepultura and Slayer.

It doesn't have to be topical as such, just well written.
Pig Destroyer are a favourite of mine because the lyrics are so surreal and fucked up, while Morgion simply have a fantastic knack for putting words and sentences together.

I like some battle and War Themes but with A Grim and Agressive feeling , sometimes with Pagan and Folk Themes and louder Gospel... Like Immortal, Graveland, Therion, Amon amarth, Nokturnal Mortum, :worship: :devil:

GoD... I dont think Krigloch was being sarcastic about his power metal statement, he has a Lost Horizon album cover in his sig! Power Metal rules by the way.

As far as lyrical themes... i really dont care as long as they are well written.

5thSeason said:
GoD... I dont think Krigloch was being sarcastic about his power metal statement, he has a Lost Horizon album cover in his sig! Power Metal rules by the way.

As far as lyrical themes... i really dont care as long as they are well written.

of course im not being sarcastic. Im listening to Heavenly as I type this!!!
Their whole album is about a guy who gets bitten by a vampire and in the end he kills the guy who bit him!!! :headbang:
:headbang:

5thSeason said:

It would've been less humiliating for MURAI if Krigloch had been sarcastic. I presumed that he wasn't.

Krigloch the Furious said:
of course im not being sarcastic. Im listening to Heavenly as I type this!!!
Their whole album is about a guy who gets bitten by a vampire and in the end he kills the guy who bit him!!! :headbang:

haha, awsome. Ill have to check out Heavenly. My fav genre of metal would be death, melodic death, or thrash, but I love power metal as well, always good to find another good power metal band =)