What kind of metal would you call this?

i just heard wilted sanity...really nice stuff!! i love what u've done with the vocals, having male and female vox at the same time. and the songs got a real nice melancholic-insane kind of feel to it...
let me know when u realease your demo CD

the link just lets me d/l around 2mb of your song,... anyway i can get more...?or do i have to wait for the demo cd to release?

EternalMetal said:
im downloading a sample now, but i am too fucked up to give you a real review, so i may chime in tomorrow :)
Glad you ended up liking it!... I was gonna say though... maybe you should have reviewed it while you were still fucked up. You know... like how even ugly women look hot when you have beer goggles on?... I figure maybe the song will sound awesome to you no matter what while you have yer fucked-up goggles on :D

ADS said:
Just plain shit?
Mutilated1 said:
yeah, that about sums it up
Hey man, listen... I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH for such a deep and insightful post. Your use of words and language to explain your viewpoint and interpretation of musical styles has REALLY helped me to find my place in the universe. It's people like you that help me find the motivation and drive to keep going. Again, thanks.

Asshole.

Vox Stellarum said:
the link just lets me d/l around 2mb of your song,... anyway i can get more...?or do i have to wait for the demo cd to release?
Damn... sorry to hear that! It shouldn't stop at 2MB! The whole song is there... about 10MB or so long. Might have just been a problem with 'net traffic or something? I'll check it out on my end to see if there's something wrong. All I can say is maybe try again later.

ADS said:
Hey man, listen... I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH for such a deep and insightful post. Your use of words and language to explain your viewpoint and interpretation of musical styles has REALLY helped me to find my place in the universe. It's people like you that help me find the motivation and drive to keep going. Again, thanks.

Asshole.

look dude... you asked what we thought. you were the one who thought to use the term "just plain shit".

I just agreed with that.

If giving an opinion when asked for one makes me an asshole, then guilty as charged, but you sir are a crybaby, pissing and moaning cause you don't like what you hear when you solicit opinion.

have a nice day.

Mutilated1 said:
look dude... you asked what we thought. you were the one who thought to use the term "just plain shit".

I just agreed with that.

If giving an opinion when asked for one makes me an asshole, then guilty as charged, but you sir are a crybaby, pissing and moaning cause you don't like what you hear when you solicit opinion.

have a nice day.
I think he just wanted you to give him reasons why you don't like it so he could try and improve himself.

ADS, that would be awesome if you could send me a demo when you get it recorded. :headbang:

yea, my net reply was done when i was messed up, and i really enjoyed it, a lot. I would really want to get a copy of the demo too, i really like it.

and i just finished liustening to wilted sanity again, and i still like it. Its good stuff, but i liked it better when i was fucked up, but i do all music when im stoned, so yea :) It has a lot of emotion to, and that is cool. good stuff, keep at it.

its not for everyone, so dont get offended when someone hates it. hey, a lot of people hate my favorite band, but i dont care, i still love it. you will get lovers, and haters, they just have an opinion on their own tastes. i do agree people on this forum are a bit harsh, but you did look for an opinion.

Mutilated1 said:

I just agreed with that.

have a nice day.
Haha okay man. I guess I'll have to reread the posts in this thread... I apparently missed the part where I was pissing and moaning about people not liking it.

Listen, I guess me saying "Just plain shit" was a little over your head... but that was meant as a joke. This thread seems to have lost its purpose somewhere along the way. If you read my original post, I was looking for opinions on what kind of style you would call this music... how to describe it. I never asked if people liked the music, but that's what this thread turned into anyway. I certainly appreciate the comments of course, but that's not why I started this thread.

I think I'm the one that derailed it though... when I asked if any Dimmu or Borknagar fans out there liked the song, and said that I figured at least a few would like it. I meant that I was looking for responses to my original post, about the style, hoping that I could find some people who liked it to offer up their description of the style. So yeah, I guess that was my screwup.

But really man... come on... if you don't like it, fine, say "man, I really didn't like that"... or even "dude, that REALLY sucks"... but if you're going to waste the time and energy to even make a post, then why not offer some kind of constructive comment? I mean... seriously... why would you even bother to post? What was the point? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

I usually don't make rude posts, but that just kinda pissed me off. I just need to learn to bite my tongue better.

I guess I could have worded the original post better. What I'm trying to do is, when the CD is done, to make promotional posts about it, saying "New CD from A Different Sun... symphonic something something something metal". Know what I mean? Some kind of brief way to describe it that would catch peoples attention... it'd be short enough to have as a topic for a post, but detailed enough so that people who liked or didn't like that type of music would know immediately, and not waste their time if it didn't sound interesting to them. That's what I was trying to get out of this. I guess it's worked... sorta? :)

It's time to just let this thread die though already :) It has seriously lost its purpose. Once I get the CD done, I'll make a post the new music forum or something and offer up as many CDs as I can afford to send out for free to whoever wants one. Until that time, me thinks I need to spend less time posting and more time getting some music done :)

I'm listening to it right now, and I'll have to say that I do find is mildly interesting. The guitars could be more varied, especially the clean ones. The vocals are absolutely terrific! Possibly the best part about the song. (I'm listening to Wiltet Sanity, by the way.) Congratulations, man, it's really good stuff.

this song is too long... makes it boring. it's nothing special. this is not black metal. melodic metal, perhaps :|

Funeral Portrait said:
yea im curious :)

ok...

Enbalmed Alive - Ordinary, could be faster, was almost getting in to it till the guitar solo, lost me there. Nowhere near brutal enough, though. Should be lots heavier. LET THE BLOOD SPILL ok that was fairly cool, but needs to be lots heavier.

Human Jigsaw - whats with the weird intros on your songs? still nowhere near heavy enough really, my god your guitar player should be kicked in the nuts for that solo.

Concrete Burial - well your band certainly has its sound down, this sounds just like the other two, unfortunately. And this song is way to long.

All in all it wasn't the worse thing I've ever heard by a long shot, but I don't think it would ever occur to me to listen to it again. I can say for certain that I would never buy that CD.

It was nowhere near as gay as Wilted Sanity though.

Mutilated1 said:
ok...

Enbalmed Alive - Ordinary, could be faster, was almost getting in to it till the guitar solo, lost me there. Nowhere near brutal enough, though. Should be lots heavier. LET THE BLOOD SPILL ok that was fairly cool, but needs to be lots heavier.

Human Jigsaw - whats with the weird intros on your songs? still nowhere near heavy enough really, my god your guitar player should be kicked in the nuts for that solo.

Concrete Burial - well your band certainly has its sound down, this sounds just like the other two, unfortunately. And this song is way to long.

All in all it wasn't the worse thing I've ever heard by a long shot, but I don't think it would ever occur to me to listen to it again. I can say for certain that I would never buy that CD.

It was nowhere near as gay as Wilted Sanity though.
eh, im not too let down. your favorite band is cannibal corpse :lol: