What kind of music does your friends listen too?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I got a couple friends that are into metal and what not. But the majority of them just listen to mainstream shit like trapt and say "this is a cool fn tune". The other half bump rap music. Uhhh theyre not blAck? Go figure. what about everyone else.

Same here. A bunch friends listen to techno and what not. But i do listen to little of everything. Some mainstream stuff is cool but the hardcore rap shit gets on my nerves

one friend is all about metallica, one is a death metal head, one listens to nu-metal (linkin park, static-x etc), one is big on old school hip hop, another one listens to everything from rap to fear factory, some listen to country.. my brother listens to classical.. bla h blah

I'm trying to get some of my friends into metal. My best friend likes Iron Maiden and some Opeth, so I think I'll be able to turn him to the light side soon.

Most of my friends listen to radio shit, like 311, Linkin Park, Jimmy Eat World, and that stuff. Some of them like punk, and I have one friend who listens to practically nothing but video game music.

My close friend is into a lot of metal, though not as much as me.;)

the only people i acutally count as my friends are into metal ranging from one friend having 300 metal albums to another who was into nu metal but is now getting into Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Nightwish etc etc

All of my 'friends' (people I know, actually) are gangster rap faggots...and act just like it. Some of them listen to Nu-Metal too, but it's mostly rap.

A lot of my friends listen to numetal. I don't mind it. It's just comments like "KoRn is better than Slayer, Stepulbora, and that other shit you listen to" or "Linkin Park was in town last night. They were so heavy live! OMG!!!" or "Hey, man! I like rEroute To Remain. It's better than the old stuff." that make me mad. I listen to numetal, too. But I'm not an assplug about it.

A couple of my friends listen to nu-metal, one listens to nothing other than 70's metal (Judas Priest, Montrose, Cooper, Budgie, Sabbath, etc..), one still listens to hair metal, although he denies it, and one listens to progressive metal (and he's 51!). And of course, my wife listens to nothing but AC/DC, over and over and over....

Half of my friends are into hip hop/rap, the other half are into metal and I mean true metal. I don't have any friend who listen to nu metal. I have one friend who listens to pop. I can get along with anyone as long as they are a cool person. My friends who are into rap are all about the image and that stuff but they are some of the coolest people I have ever met and they accept me for the metalhead I am. Its all good.

Most of them aren't into music that much - they only get to listen to it in their cars and judge it for its "danceability." (so it's rap, pop, pop-rock, etc.)

Some of 'em are into rock. Classic rock, '80s rock, from Led Zep to Queen to modern rock in STP/AiC/Audioslave-mold to calmer stuff like Radiohead/Coldplay, etc...

Others that aren't "into music" as much tend to lean towards MTV/ClearChannel-type-rock - or just stuff that they can get their hands onto in California with minimal effort.. I mean, it takes a lot from people like me to actually stay aware in the world of REAL metal with all the pop shit around me - but some nu-metal stuff I actually like (Tool, System Of A Down, A Perfect Circle, Killswitch).. I don't throw up or anything when I hear Trapt or Staind or Linkin Park or whatever-the-fuck-ever... Let the guys make their music, doesn't concern me at all.

I don't have many real metal friends. I mean, I know a handful of guys that listen to it from underground Black to traditional Thrash to modern hardcore, but they're my friends strictly because we have the same taste in music..

AllWithinMyMonster said:
I got a couple friends that are into metal and what not. But the majority of them just listen to mainstream shit like trapt and say "this is a cool fn tune". The other half bump rap music. Uhhh theyre not blAck? Go figure. what about everyone else.

are you saying rap music is just for black people? are you some kind of an idiot?