What kind of wood should I use

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
to make a bar? Something light in grain, rustic looking- nothing like cherry or mahogony, and oak seems too nice looking. I want that desert, dirty wood with rusty hinges look. Know what I mean? Sort of a plain lumber look.

Pine

party41.gif

Originally posted by FrostGiant
Pine
You think Pine? Sounds good to me. I bet that's what I was thinking of; got that light wood quality, sort of rustic looking, and smells nice. How much does that run? I bet we'll need lots because I'm not Bob Vila or Norm whats his name from that wood working show.

It's got a light color unless you stain it dark. I do know it's cheaper than oak. As far as rustic looking, I don't know. I guess it's all up to the pieces you buy. You could get some with no knots and it look really clean, or you could get some beat up pieces. There's probably a better wood out there for what you want. And it might even be a cheaper wood. Pine was just my initial guess.

Cool. Thanks. I have to build one in my gf's basement so she can have someplace to tell me to go when I piss her off. She just wants to decorate it all purty with a bunch of vines and wine bottles and stuff. I got Schlitz glasses at a flea market north of Milwaukee after the fest this past weekend. $1 each!