What Metal Tours Are You Attending This Summer.........

LOCALX

Apr 15, 2004
OZZFEST, WITHOUT ARGUEMENT IS THE TOUR TO SEE THIS SUMMER. WITH BIG METAL BANDS MAKING A COMEBACK I WOULD LOVE TO SEE TESTEMENT THIS SUMMER...........

:headbang: The organizers of this year's Bang Your Head festival have issued a statement explaining the circumstances behind TESTAMENT's abbreviated set at the event, which was held June 25-26 in Balingen, Germany. The statement reads as follows:

"Many visitors were annoyed as the show of Bay Area thrashers TESTAMENT found a sudden end on the Saturday of this year's Bang Your Head and the amps were turned off while the band was still playing. Unfortunately, certain unpleasant circumstances left no other choice left for us.

"The background information: The band had overrun their stage schedule by far. Before TESTAMENT started their changeover and their soundcheck, there had been a delay on stage of about 10 minutes that had been caused by other bands. We asked the responsible tour manager and the band's sound technician to do the soundcheck as quickly as possible in order to try to make up at least some of the lost time. Unfortunately, our call was unheard and the soundcheck took an awfully lot of time. That wasn't all, though: After everything was finally checked and prepared, the sound technician hit the road to the PA tower. On arrival, he noticed he had forgotten something and went all the way back to the stage — through the audience! When he arrived at the tower a second time, TESTAMENT had used twice as much time for the changeover than scheduled (40 instead of 20 minutes). Therefore, the overall dealy had summarized to more than 30 minutes. Unfortunately, we do have strict curfew set up by the city of Balingen saying that the headliner's show has to end at 11 PM. ICED EARTH agreed to shorten their set by two songs and we told TESTAMENT's tour manager that his band has to shorten its set as well. He was supposed to inform the band about that — but he actually just wouldn't do. Though he shared the stage with the guys and we asked him several times to deliver the important information to the band, he kept on ignoring our request didn't pass anything forward to Chuck Billy and the guys, resulting the band to play on and on. Finally, we had no other choice left than to put the most unpleasant and unpopular end to the show and pull the plug. We feel very sorry for the fans of TESTAMENT and the band itself. Everything could have gone less unpleasant if there had been just a bit more professional and cooperative attitude on the part of the band's tour manager and sound technician."

I'll be at both Nightwish shows in Southern California (they are easily my favorite band on the planet right now!!!) I'll also check out Edguy in Hollywood if that's confirmed and I may go see W.A.S.P. in 2 weeks, although with the horrific set list they are doing I may pass........

Did DT earlier this year and hope to catch a Yes/DT show.
Just saw Iced earth a few weeks back in Norfolk at Norva....Kick ass club!!!!
Going to PP....will be my first trip so am looking forward to it.
Am going to see Clutch in a few weeks....Love that band.
Prolly catch one of the upcoming Kings X shows too....Raleigh or Springfield.

Past that , just waiting for some more shows to be announced.

Is Nightwish doing any central east coast shows?....DC - Va - NC????

I'm going to WASP, PP5.. saw Iced Eath/COB/Evergrey already. Some pals and I are considering checking out the Kevin DuBrow show coming up. I only got to see QR once and their sound was horrible so I'd like a chance to hear him sing some tunes with proper sound, even though there probably won't be a Frankie Banali on drums.. he might be on the road with Blackie.

Tommorow night I am going to see Cannibal Corpse, Black Dahlia Murder and Severed Saviour. After that I have...

LA Guns and Dokken
Ozzfest
Poison and KISS
Joey Belladonna and WASP
Sebastian Bach
Joe Satriani, Thin Lizzy and Deep Purple
Nightwish
Dream Theater/YES
Edguy
UFO/Blue Oyster Cult

I can't wait to see Lalapolluza this year!! It should be awesome!!
Hate to tell you...it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

I'll be seeing Nightwish in Toronto, Philadelphia and New York
Ozzfest in New Jersey
and of course ProgPowerV

I wanted to see Edguy in New York too, but since it's the day before I leave for Atlanta, my husband asked me to cool it. He's not a metal fan and has been very understanding so I guess I have to listen for once.:cry:

He did let me go to Finland for Nightwish and Stratovarius. :headbang: I can't complain.

No Ozzfest for me (or Atlanta, for that matter, because Sharon doesn't like the local production folks), but I'll be checking out the off-Ozzfest show from Dimmu Borgir on Sept. 1st.

Aside from that, I have tickets for Rush later in the summer and that's about it for "big" shows. Aside from ProgPower, of course. \m/

Other bands I'll be seeing later this summer include Bella Morte, Ghoultown (Lyle from Solitude Aeturnus' current band), The Last Dance, The Cruxshadows, Emerald Rose, and a buncha other bands that no-one here knows anyway. :)