What are you a "sucker" for?

woosta

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
I just got done dropping $200 at Nuclear Blast and it dawned on me that everytime they put out a limited boxset, I have to order it. Yes, I'm paying for the box and all the shit that isn't music, but I can't help it. This time it was the new In Flames box and then of course to balance the shipping I had to throw in the Primal Fear Seven Seals book/cds, Nile's "Annihilation" box and then some other shit too. Hell, it seems like I'd buy a boxset from any metal band. I also do shit like tour scarfs, limited packaged MCDs, Motley Brue, Coasters, any bullshit like that.

What about you? Are you a sucker for something (or some band) where you have to have EVERYTHING? o_O

Boxed sets... really? I've never understood the value of the boxed set. To me, if you're a fan, you have all the music already. If you're not a fan, wouldn't you buy a single CD first, before you bought the band's entire catalog? I never understood what the market were for those things.

I'm a sucker for...

$10 (or less) CDs
Dark Power Metal
Salma Hayek

Zod

General Zod said:
Boxed sets... really? I've never understood the value of the boxed set...
Zod

To me actually, a fan is the one buys the regular ones as they come out, and then also buys the box set for the little extras. (Yes, I own the three seperate Rambo dvds, AND the Rambo Boxset!!)

General Zod said:
Boxed sets... really? I've never understood the value of the boxed set. To me, if you're a fan, you have all the music already. If you're not a fan, wouldn't you buy a single CD first, before you bought the band's entire catalog? I never understood what the market were for those things.

I'm a sucker for...

$10 (or less) CDs
Dark Power Metal
Salma Hayek

Zod

Selma, huh?? Not a bad choice - I'd hafta go with Angeline Jolie :hotjump:

Woosa - Sorry about you box (set) fetish. ;)

Hugs and kisses,
Chris :headbang:

I don't like box sets either, unless I'm getting extra music I wouldn't otherwise be getting by buying the cds. What I find extremely annoying are box sets that don't fit properly into a cd rack, which have lots of bonus material.

I don't even buy digipaks, unless there is a good reason to do so (there is no jewel case version, or there are very worthwhile bonus tracks). Digipaks are worthless... they fall apart easily, get scratched up, and the booklet falls out easily (if it even HAS a booklet).

I'm becoming a sucker for limited editions with bonus DVD's. And metal DVD's in general. Love watching the bands just be bands. Oh, and Selma is great, Angelina is also great but... lately nobody compares to Kate Beckinsale for me.

Plush Snoopies.

Go ahead and laugh, Snoopy fucking rules and he's the most awesome character ever!

Me and my girlfriend Paula (IceQueen_) have about 30 by now. =)

AngraRULES said:
Plush Snoopies.

Go ahead and laugh, Snoopy fucking rules and he's the most awesome character ever!

Me and my girlfriend Paula (IceQueen_) have about 30 by now. =)

when I was a child I won a plush Snoopy taller than I was...went to Santa Rosa to visit....you might like this
sacramentotrip088.jpg

I am a Scorpion fiend.:loco: I collect just about anything Scorpion the band and scorpions in general. I have not bought their last 2 box sets cuz frankly they just don't give you anything extra to make it worth it...I have glass scorpions, carved seashells, jewelry, prints, stickers even a scorpion made out of metal blades with a copper body...if it has a scorpion on it...I want it!!!:D

SavaVIDude said:
Selma, huh?? Not a bad choice - I'd hafta go with Angeline Jolie :hotjump:
I'm a sucker for both Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie! And if one of them wants me to be a sucker for her only...then they have to KY wrestle for it! :loco:

kittybeast said:
when I was a child I won a plush Snoopy taller than I was...went to Santa Rosa to visit....you might like this
sacramentotrip088.jpg

Awww! That's so pretty!!!
And yes, it is true we have about 30.. lol thanks to my wonderful boyfriend :worship:

DarkOne said:
Anything Savatage related (Jon Oliva, TSO, Old Sav, New Sav, Caffrey, Circle II Circle, etc).

Anything evil looking . . . .

Steve in Philly

Gotta fuckin' agree with ya on that one DO!! :headbang: Especially the STREETS CD!! I keep giving them away and loaning them out. I also keep one in the house and one in the car at all times. I'm guessing I've probably bought 30 :OMG:
of them over the years. They are only $10 on Amazon. I may be reponsible for STREETS going gold one day!! (I wish!!)

Chris :headbang:

kittybeast said:
I am a Scorpion fiend.:loco: I collect just about anything Scorpion the band and scorpions in general. I have not bought their last 2 box sets cuz frankly they just don't give you anything extra to make it worth it...I have glass scorpions, carved seashells, jewelry, prints, stickers even a scorpion made out of metal blades with a copper body...if it has a scorpion on it...I want it!!!:D

Isn't there a "To Be #1" single that comes with a cigar? THAT is up my ally!