What are you a "sucker" for?

General Zod said:
Boxed sets... really? I've never understood the value of the boxed set. To me, if you're a fan, you have all the music already. If you're not a fan, wouldn't you buy a single CD first, before you bought the band's entire catalog? I never understood what the market were for those things.

Zod

Yeah, I think it's because I have a whole room set back for my music stuff. It's sorta visually rewarding to walk in and see a cool box from a band. Plus, you know it's limited to 1000-5000 pieces worldwide so it's a conversation piece. The last In Flames box for Soundtrack had an oversize book, huge matches, and an awesome wooden box. What the fuck I'm going to do with oversize matches is beyond me but it sorta gets me in the metal mood, you know?

kittybeast said:
I am a Scorpion fiend.:loco: I collect just about anything Scorpion the band and scorpions in general. I have not bought their last 2 box sets cuz frankly they just don't give you anything extra to make it worth it...I have glass scorpions, carved seashells, jewelry, prints, stickers even a scorpion made out of metal blades with a copper body...if it has a scorpion on it...I want it!!!:D

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Scorpions as well, but I don't have any real ones :)

Also metal DVDs, I seem to need every new one that comes out.

Jessica Alba is the current female of choice...

Neal

woosta said:
I just got done dropping $200 at Nuclear Blast and it dawned on me that everytime they put out a limited boxset, I have to order it. Yes, I'm paying for the box and all the shit that isn't music, but I can't help it. This time it was the new In Flames box and then of course to balance the shipping I had to throw in the Primal Fear Seven Seals book/cds, Nile's "Annihilation" box and then some other shit too. Hell, it seems like I'd buy a boxset from any metal band. I also do shit like tour scarfs, limited packaged MCDs, Motley Brue, Coasters, any bullshit like that.

What about you? Are you a sucker for something (or some band) where you have to have EVERYTHING? o_O

I am a sucker for total album completion for any band I listen to. Once I have the one CD, unless it is crap, I will want to have all of them, even greatest hits albums that don't even have a single new track (Edward The Great, for example) (although I usually put off buying those). As long as I judge the album official (and not some record company cash-in series (The Essential <band>, <band> Gold) or some dubious European thrown-together thing), it must be mine in time.

I used to collect caps and pins, but then I realized I never wore them. Anything unique or unusal tempts me though.

booB said:
I don't like box sets either, unless I'm getting extra music I wouldn't otherwise be getting by buying the cds. What I find extremely annoying are box sets that don't fit properly into a cd rack, which have lots of bonus material.

I don't even buy digipaks, unless there is a good reason to do so (there is no jewel case version, or there are very worthwhile bonus tracks). Digipaks are worthless... they fall apart easily, get scratched up, and the booklet falls out easily (if it even HAS a booklet).

Agreed 100% with boB. I'm not into "digipaks", "box sets", "greatest hits" or any of this other cash-cow bullshit that some marketing douchebag came up with. What I'm interested in is regular, studio albums in regular, clear jewel cases. I don't want any special, over-packaged, flowery cardboard fucking piece of shit that falls apart, doesn't fit into my fucking CD rack, and costs 5 fucking dollars extra just because it comes with "bonus" video footage of the band taking a fucking leak outside the fucking tour bus. I just want a square fucking plastic case with a round fucking plastic disc inside!

Uh, yeah... so, I really don't (fucking) like digipaks and box sets... :)

I'm a sucker for anything Frank Zappa related. Even if it's some obsure former band members solo cd recorded in his garage, or some obscure FZ cover done by a band with a goofy name.....

My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Momma!

J-Dubya

Sumeet said:
Agreed 100% with boB. I'm not into "digipaks", "box sets", "greatest hits" or any of this other cash-cow bullshit that some marketing douchebag came up with. What I'm interested in is regular, studio albums in regular, clear jewel cases. I don't want any special, over-packaged, flowery cardboard fucking piece of shit that falls apart, doesn't fit into my fucking CD rack, and costs 5 fucking dollars extra just because it comes with "bonus" video footage of the band taking a fucking leak outside the fucking tour bus. I just want a square fucking plastic case with a round fucking plastic disc inside!

Uh, yeah... so, I really don't (fucking) like digipaks and box sets... :)

Yeah, but a lot of the European stuff is NOT simply digipak! Crematory's "Remind", for instance, was offered in a metal flight case with the cds, shirt, video, and more. No, it won't fit "IN" your cd rack, but if you have the wooden type of racks with the top on them, then it displays nicely on top. Plus, you get a full video and a shirt and little shitty swag like stickers and all. Doesn't that temp you at all?

I am a sucker for:
Horror art and anything horror related... my room is out of control...
Any of my top bands which cover power metal, death metal, and classic shit.
ice cold beer

Hi - I think we met at last years PP (if this was the person sharing a room with Sean) - anyway where do you find some cool horror art? Any recommendations? Being single I find I can decorate my downstairs living room anyw ay i want to now (gonna leave the upstairs one looking civilized) - so I have a bunch of fantasy art already and would love to add some cool horror art down there :)

Any help would be appreciated
thanx
Jeff/manowarfan1

Did we meet last year? which night, i am sure i will remember you unless it was thurs night.

Yes, i have some guy friends that had to take down all of there "stuff" when they had gf's or wives... hope no guy never does that to me... so far they have been cool... i have finally confined it to my room.

most of my horror art i have bought at Dragon Con or Horror Con.... I go to the dealer's room and go wild... but you can get it online as well... just better deals and actual artist meetings at the conventions.... and good place to discover new artists as well... my tattoo is from horror art that i bought at DC years ago..not an exact, but where the idea came from...

hope to see you again this year... :)

Anything Jeff Scott Soto, love the guy's voice. I have everything that he has done that has been released officially (Over 100 cd's) and much more.