What are you a "sucker" for?

woosta said:
Yeah, but a lot of the European stuff is NOT simply digipak! Crematory's "Remind", for instance, was offered in a metal flight case with the cds, shirt, video, and more. No, it won't fit "IN" your cd rack, but if you have the wooden type of racks with the top on them, then it displays nicely on top. Plus, you get a full video and a shirt and little shitty swag like stickers and all. Doesn't that temp you at all?

I'll admit it used to tempt me, and in years past I have bought special-package stuff like that. But I gradually realized that I don't actually do anything with any of that stuff. I don't affix stickers onto anything, and as for t-shirts, I rarely even get t-shirts at concerts anymore, because I already have so many at this point that it would probably take me 6 months to work through all of them. Also, spending $30 for a $2 Fruit Of The Loom shirt with some screen print on it is a dubious proposition to begin with.

As for the disc itself, I have lots of regular jewel case CD's that have bonus video tracks, or even bonus video discs, and I never watch any of them. I just like listening to CD's. The metal case stuff is sometimes very cool looking, but it's not like displaying it is going to do me any good. After being impressed by it when I first get it, it's going to sit in a box or a stack and hardly be looked at again. I don't have wood CD racks... I like the stackable racks that have an individual slot for each disc... and I have them stacked from the floor to within 2 inches of the ceiling. Not much room for me to put them in a good display position and gaze in awe at them... :)

woosta said:
Yeah, I think it's because I have a whole room set back for my music stuff. It's sorta visually rewarding to walk in and see a cool box from a band. Plus, you know it's limited to 1000-5000 pieces worldwide so it's a conversation piece. The last In Flames box for Soundtrack had an oversize book, huge matches, and an awesome wooden box. What the fuck I'm going to do with oversize matches is beyond me but it sorta gets me in the metal mood, you know?
I can see that. But I have to wonder, is everyone whose buying these box sets displaying them?

Zod

General Zod said:
I can see that. But I have to wonder, is everyone whose buying these box sets displaying them?

Zod

Hmm...I don't know. I've never seen anyone with a room setup like mine (that's not braggery or anything, I just have NOT honestly seen it) so it's hard to say. Really, I don't meet too many people in the USA who collect these things so who knows. I'll post a picture up here sometime of my room so people can have a look. First, I have to get off my lazy ass and take the pics, though! :)

By the way, who WOULDN'T want an official NIghtwish snowglobe box???!??? I mean, you can actually PRETEND it's snowing over the cover of the cd!!! :Spin:

I am not a fan of boxsets at all. I think they are a scam/joke. I am interested in the album material, not every throwaway crap song that you decided NOT to put on the LP but then add to a cash-grab collectors thing. I think the people who buy those types of things are more interested in saying they 'have it' rather than actually digesting the music that is contained within them.

I actually know one guy who bought four different versions of the latest Hammerfall album. I'm not joking.

And off topic...I'm a sucker for that guacamole at those Chipotle Mexican restaurants. I think they put crack in that shit.

Walter_Langkowski said:
I am not a fan of boxsets at all. I think they are a scam/joke. I am interested in the album material, not every throwaway crap song that you decided NOT to put on the LP but then add to a cash-grab collectors thing. I think the people who buy those types of things are more interested in saying they 'have it' rather than actually digesting the music that is contained within them.

I actually know one guy who bought four different versions of the latest Hammerfall album. I'm not joking.

And off topic...I'm a sucker for that guacamole at those Chipotle Mexican restaurants. I think they put crack in that shit.

I only have 1 copy of the last Hammerfall cd and it's the limited boxset with the scarf, metal case cd, glasses and limited box. I would like to check out the one with the Hammerfall inflatable guitar but I'd need to find it at a deal. I, for one, listen to all of my cds (whenever possible) and I get the limited box because it's out there before it's out in the U.S., it usually has some stuff that I'd use (shirts, extra material, videos), and it's a conversation piece. I guess I view it as another creative aspect of the band. Since I (and most of us) grew up on Kiss, I guess I've been raised on that marketing bullshit, but I like it. It creates a mood and sets a tone for me.

By the way, here's what an asshole I am: On Christmas, my girl got me the limited Belphegor set with the real Gas Mask. It's actually very "deathy" with the whole mask and all, but anyway, it's Christmas eve and I was checking this thing out. Now when I ordered it, I thought "ok, it's gonna be a knockoff mask and be real cheap" but when I actually got it, it turns out to be pretty authentic. Anyway, like the retard that I am, curiosity got the best of me and I thought "gee, I should try this on". Well, I put the thing over my head and it fucking snaps around me like a goddamned vice. It's then that I realize that I didn't open the breather so I'm flailing around trying to pry this fucker off my head which I do. I could just see the headlines: "Man dies while trying on christmas gift of gas mask". So my girl and I are laying in bed and she says "do you smell something burning?". I told her that it was the rubber from the mask that had just sucked itself to my head. I think I'm officially the biggest tool on this board after that trick.

woosta said:
By the way, here's what an asshole I am: On Christmas, my girl got me the limited Belphegor set with the real Gas Mask. It's actually very "deathy" with the whole mask and all, but anyway, it's Christmas eve and I was checking this thing out. Now when I ordered it, I thought "ok, it's gonna be a knockoff mask and be real cheap" but when I actually got it, it turns out to be pretty authentic. Anyway, like the retard that I am, curiosity got the best of me and I thought "gee, I should try this on". Well, I put the thing over my head and it fucking snaps around me like a goddamned vice. It's then that I realize that I didn't open the breather so I'm flailing around trying to pry this fucker off my head which I do. I could just see the headlines: "Man dies while trying on christmas gift of gas mask". So my girl and I are laying in bed and she says "do you smell something burning?". I told her that it was the rubber from the mask that had just sucked itself to my head. I think I'm officially the biggest tool on this board after that trick.
Best story ever...:headbang: I only wish there was video.

But I'm a sucker for Dokken. Anything Dokken. I have all of the 80s albums on vinyl and all of the CDs. I bought the Japanese "Best Of" album for the song "Back For the Attack." I bought the "Japan Live '95" album knowing it would suck becuase I already had the video. I've seen them almost every time they've hit Chicago since the Dysfunctional tour, even though I've predicted every set list after the third time. If they come around again, Lord knows I'm going to cough up the cash to be disappointed. It's kind of like how people won't let go of Kiss. As for you, Langkowski, why don't you just admit that you're really just a sucker for ass cracks dipped in guacomole? It's okay to come out. We're all friends here.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

This is a pretty funny thread! Cuz it's all truths and it's fascinating!

Okay, here goes:

Any album that starts with YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! (examples: Edguy's Theater of Salvation or Primal Fear's Nuclear Fire)

Women wearing knee-high black leather boots

Huskies, malamutes, golden retrievers, and german shepherds

Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that are still warm and mushy

Any weapons or armor from the Lord of the Rings movies

Any medieval weapons, armor, siege engines, castles, fortresses, or other paraphernalia that could aid me in the sacking of a village (hey, I got goals, man)

Classic hot rods and muscle cars, especially vintage Mustangs. Show me a 1969 Boss 351 Grabber Orange, and I'll show you a shit-eating grin.

woosta said:
By the way, here's what an asshole I am: On Christmas, my girl got me the limited Belphegor set with the real Gas Mask. It's actually very "deathy" with the whole mask and all, but anyway, it's Christmas eve and I was checking this thing out. Now when I ordered it, I thought "ok, it's gonna be a knockoff mask and be real cheap" but when I actually got it, it turns out to be pretty authentic. Anyway, like the retard that I am, curiosity got the best of me and I thought "gee, I should try this on". Well, I put the thing over my head and it fucking snaps around me like a goddamned vice. It's then that I realize that I didn't open the breather so I'm flailing around trying to pry this fucker off my head which I do. I could just see the headlines: "Man dies while trying on christmas gift of gas mask".

"Metal.

It'll kill ya."

A message from the AdCouncil and this station.

:D

Bryan316 said:

Okay, here goes:

**Bred and trained German Shepherds for K9 and Guide Dog duties while growing up. Also adore Great Danes, Newfoundlands, Huskies, Samoyeds, Malamutes and Akitas.
*WOOF*

** I am such the sucker for baking goodies for people. :)

**Amen! I NEVER tire of Return of the King. :)

Any medieval weapons, armor, siege engines, castles, fortresses, or other paraphernalia that could aid me in the sacking of a village (hey, I got goals, man)

**Dragons and Egyptian stuff is my weakness in this regard. Have to admit, I'm a sucker for Donald Duck and Tigger, too.

Classic hot rods and muscle cars, especially vintage Mustangs. Show me a 1969 Boss 351 Grabber Orange, and I'll show you a shit-eating grin.

**I am SO with you on the 'stangs... Show me a '69 BOSS 302 ANY color and I become the friggin' Cheshire Cat. Want some killer photos of some killer Musclestangs? :D

all my life LOL Just kidding (not really) :)
Although I do think that Tigger jsut rules all over Donald Duck. And we all know the coolest cat by far is Hobbes :)

manowarfan1

13ShadesofGray said:
Bryan316 said:

Okay, here goes:

**Bred and trained German Shepherds for K9 and Guide Dog duties while growing up. Also adore Great Danes, Newfoundlands, Huskies, Samoyeds, Malamutes and Akitas.
*WOOF*

** I am such the sucker for baking goodies for people. :)

**Amen! I NEVER tire of Return of the King. :)

**Dragons and Egyptian stuff is my weakness in this regard. Have to admit, I'm a sucker for Donald Duck and Tigger, too.

**I am SO with you on the 'stangs... Show me a '69 BOSS 302 ANY color and I become the friggin' Cheshire Cat. Want some killer photos of some killer Musclestangs? :D

woosta said:

There were a number of times in World War I where soldiers suffocated when they thought a gas attack was coming (it usually wasn't) and rushed to put on their masks without making sure they could breathe.

So it probably would have been very "metal" if you had died that way... :headbang::headbang:

I,m a sucker for blondes,brunettes,redheads,asians,swedes with big boobs,soul sisters with big tight asses,and bjs.
Also...skulls,gargoyles,cds(over 7000 and counting) guitars(stopped at 10),wives(liked it so much the 1st time I got me another one;shes a keeper) horror dvds, and sex with midgets dressed in clown suits. That about covers it