What new gear are you guys planning for 2008?

Schecter Hellraiser FR, Distressor, Metric Halo Channel Strip, Shure SM7, and a good condenser specifically for vocals. I'm also in the process of ordering all the parts I need to build an SSL buss compressor clone...I have the schematic and it shouldn't be too difficult. At this point, I'm not paying any $2500 for the real deal...

Aaron, before you dive into that DIY SSL you may want to check out the new Chameleon Labs compressor that is coming out soon. http://www.chameleonlabs.com/product5.html
It looks like an SSL clone and will probably street for around $550. Heck, you're in Seattle - take a trip over to the factory (Sammamish, WA) and check it out yourself and report back on how it is!

Aaron, before you dive into that DIY SSL you may want to check out the new Chameleon Labs compressor that is coming out soon. http://www.chameleonlabs.com/product5.html
It looks like an SSL clone and will probably street for around $550. Heck, you're in Seattle - take a trip over to the factory (Sammamish, WA) and check it out yourself and report back on how it is!

Yeah actually the only thing I've had the time to order so far are the PCB boards from this dude in England...about $36. The rest is mostly resistors and small components, but if I want the real Sifam meter and knobs that SSL uses, I hear that they can get pretty pricey...like $150 just for the stupid meter.
Anyway, I read about that Chameleon Labs compressor a while ago, and I am indeed very interested...if it's a good piece of gear, the $500 range sounds like a steal. Sammamish isn't more than 45 minutes from me, so if they actually allow visitors at the factory, that would be a pretty cool idea to stop by.
Speaking of Chameleon Labs, I got a 7506 a little while ago and haven't actually used it on a project yet, but I'm excited to have some good analog EQ in the guitar chain...

So here's what I have planned.

828 MkII BLA modification
Sub
Yamaha NS-10's
Studio Projects VTB-1
Focusrite octopre
Sm57
i5
Sm7B
Rode Nt-1
Macbook pro
Another 22" dell monitor
5 string neck-thru bass w/actives
DI box
Headphone amp
A bunch of stands
Finish up my room treatment
And a mackie control center

:lol:

I need to stop daydreaming, get a real job or start busting my ass 24/7 and try to make some money.

Oh, by the way, if there is someone from sweden who wants to buy an Ampeg VL-1002, i have one for sale! ;)

22" LCD (Samsung 226BW looks like a good choice, any suggestions?)

Bought a samsung SM206BW for my brother's pc (just gaming stuff) and I can tell ya it's the best monitor that I ever seen.
I mean those 2ms response time is incredible, it's like watching an old CRT monitor.
I thought crt monitors were still the best (image quality wise), I was wrong, this samsung kicks ass.

Microphones, lots of. Planning on upgrading to Lynx Aurora AD/DA converters as well when the finances become available. At the moment every damn penny the studio makes goes straight back into just getting the damn place built. :p One day!

mic pre upgrade....portico or great river.
NS10's as a second reference set.
Randall RM4/MTS system
DFHS 2
1980's Spector NS-2
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Finally gonna establish my recording setup:

SKB Roll-X Rack 6U
Rack Drawer 2U
Monster Power Powercenter 2500
RME Fireface 800
M-Audio DMP 3
Sonar 7 Producer Academic Edition
2x Audio-Technica AT4033/CL's
Audix i5
Beta 52 (or some other mic for floor tom/bass cab)

20 inch imac dual 2.4 loaded with ram.
either a metric halo 2882+dsp, apogee ensemble or a fireface 800.
yamaha hs50s
chamleon labs 7602
another at4040
at athm50 headphones

will be selling:
apogee mini dac
motu 828mk2
alesis d4
rme quad mic
19 inch imac g5 1.9 with 250gb hard drive and 2.5gb ram

pm me if interested in any of these. i will be selling in late january. will ship anywhere you pay for.

If I can write and demo a whole albums worth of material on the gear i have ( firepod, reaper) I will buy a digi003 and maybe a nice great river or focusrite pre to finish the final project on....