What new gear are you guys planning for 2008?

I want an electronic drumkit....like maybe an Alesis DM5 pro.

some better cables
JSX
one of those power soaking attenuators
new computer (i think I'm gonna try to build my own this time)

We are going to build a little studio, so I'm going to buy some rockwool and other shit like that :) I have four racked 70's Yamaha PM1000 modules coming within a month. I would love to buy a great tube pre/compressor like LA-610. We'll see.

What about the tone controls? Would those be fine the way they are, or is there an upgrade that would go along with the pickup set I wind up choosing?

How's the hardware? I'm sort of a n00b when it comes to the finer details of bass gear. I'm lost beyond amps/cabs/the basses themselves. My EC1000 has really nice hardware- Sperzels, TonePros bridge, Earvana nut- so I've never felt the need to alter it. Worth upgrading the bridge and tuners, or is it not likely to accomplish much?

I pretty much would leave the tone controls alone, unless you start hearing things when you adjust them. I leave them pretty close to flat on all of my basses and only do slight adjustments with them (for example, I bring the mids down on my F255 to about 11:30). The rest of the hardware on the spec sheet looks fine, and I love those bridges. I actually swapped one of the bridges on another bass to the same one that comes on that bass and converted it to string-through, great sustain and tone. I've yet to have any issues with the tuners, so I'd just say put the money into pickups and strings.

I pretty much would leave the tone controls alone, unless you start hearing things when you adjust them. I leave them pretty close to flat on all of my basses and only do slight adjustments with them (for example, I bring the mids down on my F255 to about 11:30). The rest of the hardware on the spec sheet looks fine, and I love those bridges. I actually swapped one of the bridges on another bass to the same one that comes on that bass and converted it to string-through, great sustain and tone. I've yet to have any issues with the tuners, so I'd just say put the money into pickups and strings.

Awesome. Thanks for all the help with the new bass. :)

I want to sell my Audix Fusion 7 drum Mic kit, and pick me up another tripple set of E604's. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be trading my GT75's and Eminence speakers with some Vintage 30's - then I'll build custom cabinets. Need some new cables, and I'd like to get me some super isolation headphones so I quit getting headphone bleed in the vocal booth. Speaking of, I'm gonna try to make me sme of those Tube Bass traps - my vocal booth is sounding like crap, with comb filtering and what not. Thought I took care of it, until another singer came in and proved me wrong, LoL! I'll be looking into that soon, and maybe build a floating floor for the vocal booth, depending on how that goes. Maybe a better mixer for the settup I have. A Fireface 800 would rock but not holding my breath!

I've actualy decided to offload a lot of my gear this year, I'll be selling my Saffire 26 I/O and a few other bits and pieces I won't be using.

If anyone wants a mint condition (in box, never racked) Saffire Pro 26 I/O for £275 incl. UK shipping then PM me.