What new gear are you guys planning for 2008?

I'm getting the LTD version of this guitar.
l_88b6007ac23a81003dd8aa1bc60f1c8d.jpg

So far this year I've bought...

Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i/o
Audix i5
Audix D6
Audix D2 x 2
Audix D4
Audio Technica ATM450 x 2

Next on the list are...
M-Audio BX8As
AKG M80/Presonus HP4 headphone amp pack from Musicians Friend
Sansamp Bass Driver DI or RBI, maybe the PSA-1 for bass tracking
Audio Technica AT4040
Building a nice recording PC, might go the Mac route though, but probably PC
One of those Studio RTA desks, probably the same one James Murphy was/is using, along with some monitor stands
An 8 channel ADAT pre, either Octopre or Digimax probably

I should hopefully be done with this list and working on the next one come April/May!

I'm not planning on buying anything whatsoever. I'm just going to work on new music.

Every since I started building up my gear for recording, I've done everything BUT record. I've got a nice set up now, I need to use it.

Here's to finishing my album in 08!!!!!

I just scored an Ibanez eight string and an espresso machine so I am pretty much set for the year.:headbang:

If all goes well in the summerjob-front, here's my planned upgrades:

2 x 20" NEC MultiSync 2070VX displays
Apple MacBook (+2 GB)
Little Labs RedEye
FMR Real Nice Compressor
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Pop filter
Audix i5
Sennheiser MD421
Shure SM57
+ cables and a stand

And maybe a 5150/6505 if I can find one at a nice price.

My plan for 2008: quit my fulltime-job in Germany and start a summer-job in Finland :lol:

Seriously:
Acoustic guitar (probably Ovation CS(E) )
POD XT (pro) because the GT-8 sucks for recording
22" computer monitor
Monitors

So far for 2008, I've picked up some new active Monitors, an ESP Eclipse, and a PODxt and FBV Express...So I think I've blown my load already! :(

I would like to get another Firepod to daisy chain with mine, but mostly I'd like to get some additional room treatment this year. Not too much more to do, just some additional bass traps and maybe a cloud.

My girlfriend just bought me an LTD B-305 bass. :headbang: Five string, mahogany body with flame maple top, neck through maple and walnut neck with rosewood board, passive EMGs with 3-band (these may go in favor of Barts or MECs, or even just active EMGs...), string through body, in cherry burst.

I'm planning on getting a new amp for cleans and mid-gains. I've narrowed down my choices... a bit. Bogner Shiva, Budda Superdrive, Bad Cat Hot Cat, VHT 50ST, or Vox AC30. Like I said, a bit. ;)

And probably a few pedals as well. Maybe get a Digitech GSP 1101 to replace my Pod XT and use for effects in my live rack. I'd like to build some stuff, too; mic pres, possibly.

:lol:

My list got bigger:

Powermac G5 dual (getting this month)
Frontier Design Alphatrack (just got this for x-mas begining of the year)
Fender Bassman 100 (getting today)
2 B.Y.O.C. pedals
Another firepod
Better tom mics (probably another sm57 and a couple of audix D4 mics)
Audix D6

Thats all I have at the moment but thats what I am aiming for this year. Got to keep it somewhat cool though since I'm getting hitched in December.

So this is my list of stuff il be getting.

Mics; At 4040, T-Bone RB100, ATM450 x 2, Md421, yamaha subkick.

Interface; Saffire Pro 26

Mic Pre; Digimax FS, Behringer ADA8000

Computer; New macbook, External fw harddrive 500gig 7200 speed for recording

General stuff:
AkG k271 headphones,
Vic firth headphones for drummer,
Headphone amp,
cubase 4,
Stevan slate samples,
Dfhs 2,
Set Ddrum pro triggers.

Im a gear Whore.:kickass::):kickass:

My girlfriend just bought me an LTD B-305 bass. :headbang: Five string, mahogany body with flame maple top, neck through maple and walnut neck with rosewood board, passive EMGs with 3-band (these may go in favor of Barts or MECs, or even just active EMGs...), string through body, in cherry burst.

Great girlfriend. I would definitely replace the passive EMGs. I have the F255 and F405, the actives make a huge difference. Barts are great pups, too, so you may want to go that route. If you do go active, make sure to do the 18V upgrade at the same time, well worth the $2.50 you spend on extra parts.

Great girlfriend. I would definitely replace the passive EMGs. I have the F255 and F405, the actives make a huge difference. Barts are great pups, too, so you may want to go that route. If you do go active, make sure to do the 18V upgrade at the same time, well worth the $2.50 you spend on extra parts.

Yeah, she is. She's pretty insistant about my practicing, too, which is awesome. :) She's a singer herself; classically trained, great voice, but decided some years ago she hates performing live. But I digress...

When I still used EMGs in my guitars, I had 'em set up for 18v. I thought it was a good improvement- you're right, well worth the cost of the extra battery clip. It felt more open and less compressed to me that way, so I'll definitely do that again if I go active. A friend of mine uses Barts, and he's got great tone, so those are an option, though I'm not really familiar with the differences between their different models of five-string soapbars. I'm curious about trying out the MEC (Warwick) pickups, but I have no idea where to find 'em in the US. I saw them for sale on a site somewhere in Europe- I forget where- for 99 Euros a piece.

What about the tone controls? Would those be fine the way they are, or is there an upgrade that would go along with the pickup set I wind up choosing?

How's the hardware? I'm sort of a n00b when it comes to the finer details of bass gear. I'm lost beyond amps/cabs/the basses themselves. My EC1000 has really nice hardware- Sperzels, TonePros bridge, Earvana nut- so I've never felt the need to alter it. Worth upgrading the bridge and tuners, or is it not likely to accomplish much?