What Opeth Will Be Playing In London

I'm sure it's not THEIR choice ..
Terrible disappointement , a nightmare . FUCK :yell:

peaceville is a subsection of MFN anyway
but
the dvd will rule no matter what, i will be slightly disappointed if its only bwp,d1,d2. but face it whatever comes out will kick some serious big ones and you guys will buy it anyway :Spin:

See other thread. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1992930

It's just the last 3, confirmed. That's pretty gay. I don't understand how labels can own actual songs, and not just specific recordings of those songs. My main disappointment is that they won't be doing the old songs in the Damnation set. They've played Advent and Demon a trillion times. I wanted To Bid You Farewell and Face of Melinda more. Maybe they'll at least pull out some new songs for this.

Anyway, without the Damnation set, I'd say it wasn't that great, but given it, the package is definately worth it.

I hope that they will play
To bid you Farewell
as encore
Also I see an DVD from the America Tour and from The Australian Tour on e-bay but maybe those are fake

No they haven't gone commercial, what the fuck has that to do with it. It's just this horrible music business. Bands can't even decide anymore which songs they'll play live nowadays, their OWN songs! Sad if you ask me...

There's a good thing about all this though, I'm getting a billion $ richer now :p
I'll send you the data of my bank acount and stuff, Lightningmaster

I think all cunts from Opeth BB that are going should chant something to do with UM, that would be an awesome feature on the DVD. I know I will be yelling something, not during the mellow bits though, thats harsh towards O :)

\m/

MasterOLightning said:
Come on, do you actually think they're not going to play Demon? Of course they will. It's Demon of the Fall. It'll be there.

You wish.

Actually, come to think of it I wish, too. Sadly, it won't

it sais on their site, it will be a concert based on their three latest releases: Damnation, Deliverance, BWP.
So i guess they will play a "Damnation" set followed by a "BWP/Deliverance" set.

It would be awesome if they played some "Still life" though =(

Macabre_Transmigrant said:
different labels don't generally restrict the contents of live releases because they are not made from the original master tapes owned by that label, for example the new Dark Tranquillity DVD will have songs from Osmose and Century Media releases. I'm sure we'll get a varied and career spanning track list for the DVD.

Century Media had to negotiate (and pay) with Osmose in order for Dark Tranquillity to have songs from the Osmose catalogue on the dvd.

This is indeed interesting. Surely they can still play stuff off of their older albums - they just don't have to release it on the DVD. Or am I just being silly?!

This means that us UK people get to witness the Damnation tour with it's full set. OK, it won't be released in it's entirity, but I'd gladly sacrifice that to see a 'proper' full set on the night...

I'd love to have Opeth come out and do a second encore or something, playing something like Demon Of The Fall and Advent or something, and not put it on the DVD. I won't mind if it dosen't happen, but it would be amazing...