steve vai
porcupine tree
evergrey
john petrucci
slayer
lamb of god
shadows fall
and more that i can't think of

Eh, I listen to a ton of stuff, I'm fairly open. I'll just put a list of bands I think are particularly awesome right now.

Murdread, Episode 13, Bal-Sagoth, Celtic Frost, Marduk, Necrophagist, Sinergy, Strapping Young Lad, Angantyr, Manson, Bathory, Behemoth, Burzum, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Hollenthon, Emperor, Enslaved, Entombed, Gorgoroth, Hades, Slayer, In Flames, Opeth, Mayhem, Manegarm, Meshuggah, Moonblood, Moonsorrow, Nagflar, Nile, Norther, Christian Death, Ministry, Rammstein, Satyricon, Symphony X, Nine Inch Nails

iron maiden
meshuggah
cannibal corpse
SONATA ARCTICA
in flames
the haunted
strapping young lad
pink floyd
fear factory
deicide
vital remains
arch enemy
symphony x
children of bodom
necrophagist

I'm sorry no offence but how can you listen to Slim shady and dumb hip hop stuff with opeth ? Don'T you think that there is a real big gap between them ?

Arch Enemy
Nine Inch Nails
Streetlight Manifesto
Catch 22
Nile
Children of Bodom
Behemoth
Megadeth
In Flames
John 5
Strapping Young Lad
Marilyn Manson
Nevermore
Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution

Those are my favorite bands right now.

Yes, totally. If you put any CDs that are even remotely popular near your Opeth albums on your CD rack, your Opeth CDs will shrivel up and turn black because Opeth is just so underground. Good thing we got you guys looking out for all of us here.

Damn right. I refuse to listen to anything that sounds remotely different from Opeth. Why do you need anything else when Opeth covers all the bases? The next time I throw a party I'm inviting tons of chicks and blasting Demon of the Fall. Now that is some good party music!

.. As strange as it may sound, you can't listen to Opeth 24/7!

Even i listen to dance music every now and then.. It keeps things fresh and means i never get sick of them :)

currently listening to Rufus Wainwright - Oh What A World ... what a sin!

dj shadow, aphex twin, portishead, placebo, a perfect circle, tool, radiohead, nick cave, the doors, led zeppelin, massive attack, death, jeff buckley, Tindersticks, the cure, joy division, Tori Amos, anathema, beyoncé, hooverphonic, jazzanova, pink floyd, opeth, sonic youth, the mars volta, Miles Davis, Dredg, george michael, ella fitzgerald, Leonard Cohen, black sabbath, AC/DC, camel, Jimi Hendrix, Fantomas, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson, Mike Patton, antimatter, the tea party, faith no more, Nick Drake, Skunk Anansie, Emperor, lou reed, type o negative, rem, Frank Zappa, chroma key, kraftwerk, gotan project, aziza mustafa zadeh, astor piazzolla, mr.bungle, godspeed you! black emperor, robert fripp, tony levin, barry white, kayo dot, paz lenchantin, unkle, Kevin Moore, creedence clearwater revival, the deftones, Duke Ellington, ulver, Arcturus, johnny cash, at the drive-in, fun lovin' criminals, (old) bon jovi,

Outside of Metal;

Classical = anything dark/brooding and/or meloncholy (that includes Karnatic, Ottoman, Medeival, Renassance, Baroque, and some Gagaku... Prog Rock = Opeth and Akira Yamaoka... Darkwave prog/expirimental = That would be the Silent Hill tracks... Dark Ambiance = Coph Nia Acoustic = October Falls Blues = Only bits and peices from a long lists of old blues performers...

Outside of Opeth;

Opeth, Arsis, Iced Earth, Armoured Saint, Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Darkane, Noumena, Farmakon, Blu Infinito, Novembre, At The Gates(First album only), Daylight Dies, Darkthrone, November's Doom, Candlemass, The Funneral Orchestra, Cathedral, My Dying Bride, BloodBath, Samael(various songs here and there), Metallica, Morbid Angel, Callenish Circle, Construcdead, Enter My Silence, Impious, Infernal Method, Koldborn, Withered Beauty, Vehemence, Soul Demise, Thorium, Demilich, Gorguts, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Amaran, Unmoored, Illogicist, Nightshade, Demigod, Requiem, Aeternam, Abed, CalmSite, Devanic, Funerus, Gargaryss, Herald, Infernal Angels, Isthar, Kaamos Kalopsia, Lost Soul, Mahavatar, Mausoleia, Nephasth, Oppression, Manegarm, Pyaemia, Rapture, Souledge, Vespirian Sorrow, Pathogen, Agolloch, YTO, Abhorer, Apathy, Beheaded, Beknighted, Belfegor, Cianide, Affinity, Immolation, Halcyon, Sinners Bleed, Gorerotted, Vicious Art, Hate Eternal, Gorgasm, Mortician, Death, Mayhem...

Emperor
Enslaved
Dimmu Borgir
Dissection
Darkthrone
Immortal
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Taake
Queens Of The StoneAge
At The Gates
The Haunted
Iron Maiden
Bloodbath
Katatonia
Coldplay (old)
Judas Priest
Muse
Pink Floyd
Placebo
Children of Bodom
Satyricon (some)
Radiohead
The Mars Volta
+++

Sepultura (with Max), Vader, Dew-Scented, Kreator, Bloodbath, Amon Amarth, Machine Head, The Crown (some)

All sorts of stuff. Lately, I've been really digging shoegaze/dream pop stuff like Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, Dead Can Dance, My Bloody Valentine, and Catherine Wheel. Some trance/industrial stuff like Tiesto, Ferry Corsten and VNV Nation. Of course, I also completely worship the Cure and Porcupine Tree.