What other music do you listen to?

Originally posted by Evisceratrix
maybe im behind (as usual)....but i just heard this and i am so happy!!!

billys new band!

:loco:

yeah, i heard about that, godisanathiest, i suggest you join the smashing pumpkins internet fan club mailing list, get loads of news, even though theyve split :cry: the link son the main website. melissa and James are in another band, cant remember the name though. anyway greatest hits out soon, and DVD (19/20th of this month :D :D ) cant wait to get the last concert DVD too, early next year im told.

If it wasn't for 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down', the new Emperor album would be album of the year.

That's all I'm listening to at the moment. It's blown me away.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
yeah, i heard about that, godisanathiest, i suggest you join the smashing pumpkins internet fan club mailing list, get loads of news, even though theyve split :cry: the link son the main website. melissa and James are in another band, cant remember the name though. anyway greatest hits out soon, and DVD (19/20th of this month :D :D ) cant wait to get the last concert DVD too, early next year im told.

I would do but never sign up to mailing lists because the last time I signed up to one I ended up getting loads (as in 2000 emails in a week) of spam :mad:

Originally posted by godisanathiest

I would do but never sign up to mailing lists because the last time I signed up to one I ended up getting loads (as in 2000 emails in a week) of spam :mad:

:lol: , i mean, how terrible, you must have been so pissed off, you may have felt like kicking a cat or something. anyway the SP mailinglist thingy i signed up to doesnt give you any spam/junk. just cool news every now and again :D

:mad:

countess is not laughing.

you know, im on the anathema mailing list and its so annoying. im just too unmotivated to get off of it.

I was once on that as well.....Get OFF now, you will thank yourself later for it. Besides, this Forum is all you need:cool:

jAY

:mad:

countess is not laughing.

you know, im on the anathema mailing list and its so annoying. im just too unmotivated to get off of it.

:rolleyes: Why ever not :rolleyes: Kicking cats is fun almost as fun as cows:

muccawhore.gif

:rolleyes:

Metal (f*ck, really?!). I have some harder rock (The Hellacopters' debut, Therapy?). Got Nine Inch Nails' The downward Spiral. My skeleton in a closet: Nik Kershaw's album with wonderful song called 'The Riddle'!!! Otherwise it really sucks.

It would be impossible for me to list all of the music I listen to in one post, '89-03 is a lot of years of music! I will, however, state some bands. If you know about some bands I stated then you can put 2 and 2 together and figure out other bands that I like that I did not mention.

SEPTIC FLESH
DEPRESY
NIGHTFALL (early to middle)
HORRIFIED
GARDEN OF SHADOWS
THE CURE (early to middle)
KATATONIA
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE
OCTOBER TIDE
DAN SWANO (Moontower only so far)
EDGE OF SANITY (with Dan Swano)
ARCTURUS
AMORPHIS
NIN
TOOL
DEFTONES
TRAUMA
VADER
DYING FETUS
MORBID ANGEL
KREATOR
ORPHANED LAND
NOVEMBRE
ANATHEMA
DIABLERIE
OPETH
SCHOLOMANCE
KORUM
MESHUGGAH
COPROFAGO
RAPTURE
DARK SUNS
THERION (early)
PARADISE LOST (early)
PAN THY MONIUM
MY DYING BRIDE
BLOODBATH
DARK FUNERAL
SATYRICON
DEVILYN
MISANTHROPE (early)
ANOREXIA NERVOSA
HOMO IRATUS
ROTTING CHRIST
NECROMANTIA
VARATHRON
THY DISEASE
MANIPULATED SLAVES
DIMENSION ZERO
DIES IRAE (Three different bands, same name, all good!)
ELYSIUM (Three different bands, same name, all good!)
ELYSIAN FIELDS
LUX OCCULTA
ARCH ENEMY
IN FLAMES
DARK TRANQUILITY
AT THE GATES
LOST SOUL
DEEDS OF FLESH
MALEVOLENT CREATION
BEHEMOTH
THOU ART LORD
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
IRON MAIDEN (mostly early)
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER (early)
BEWITCHED
MAYHEM (EURONYMOUS R.I.P.)
NAGLFAR
DISSECTION
NEUROSIS
CHILDREN OF BODOM
BURZUM
BATHORY
ANTHRAX
NILE

Yeah I'm going to stop now! Whatever bands I didn't mention that are always in the same sentence as some of the bands I listed then I most likely hear them.

Other music than Katatonia
(metal)
opeth/my dying bride/saturnus/anathema/paradise lost/after forever/sirenia/tristania/theatre of tragedy/therion/
(rock)
tool/seigmen/radiohead/muse/sigur ros/pink floyd/nick cave/a perfect cirle/pearl jam (old stuff)/alice in chains/nirvana

I'm sure I forgot a whole bunch....

Apart from Katatonia and Bands you listed before (Opeth, Anataema, Amorphis...) I really like progressive Rock like Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Transatlantic etc...or stuff like the3rd and the mortal, Tori Amos, The Gathering...and of course KENT!