Why do you listen to depressive music???

I certainly wouldn't listen to anything that literally made me feel sad in a bad way. I do, however, listen to so called 'depressive' music because the depression in the music either gels with my melancholy and makes it bearable, or if I'm happy, it's dark beauty keeps me there....

BarronBlod said:
The best remedy for someone who is doomed to live in misery.
DAMN!!

i think... when we listen to depressive music, Sentenced, Lacrimas Profundere.. whatever, we feel kind of conected, or at least we don't feel completly alone. Like if somebody else knows how we feel and this "somebody" wrote a song about it.

For me, after a few Doom-metal albums and some Grind-gore, i feel 100% in the mood of butchering somebody or something.

... it reminds us of what really hurts... let us focus on the things that are really important in such a... ah shit it is all about the abyss:

76036.jpg

Sometimes doom metal just suits my mood, it seems i'm forever on a downer, so I connect to it well.
I get some of the best feelings when I listen to it too - it's the genre I love the most from metal. And it's something different than anything I had/have heard before.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
Somebody said, Depresion its the most REAL feeling.

Way too many people get "depressed" so easily. In things like this,my favourite comparison still stands. Somebody said that we shouldn't use condoms too.
Other feelings are just as real (or maybe untrue),as depression.

I don't think it is depressive music I listen to, rather it is sad. And I think it just makes me feel good, it's like this bit of understanding. I'm not the person to talk about all the shit that happens, but this is a perfect way of drowning sorrows.

Silent Enigma said:
I don't think it is depressive music I listen to, rather it is sad. And I think it just makes me feel good, it's like this bit of understanding. I'm not the person to talk about all the shit that happens, but this is a perfect way of drowning sorrows.
Good point you got there...

I preffer to listen to depresive shit, that drown my sorrows in something like alcohol... besides, i hate hangover

I think it really depends on how you interpret it. There are a few Katatonia songs that would be hard to interpret any other way then depressing (I Transpire, Gone, etc) but generally i regard Katatonia as being more dark then depressing. There are so many different styles of songs on each album, i think it would be a shame to classify Katatonia in one single genre....

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
I preffer to listen to depresive shit, that drown my sorrows in something like alcohol... besides, i hate hangover

Hm, to avoid hangover I drown my sorrow in Apfelcidre (< 2% alcohol), you can also water your Christmas tree with it (somebody told me, swedish people do that...is that true?), and then I listen to some funny music like Katatonia...(I wonder if they like Christmas trees...?)