What pisses me off

What pisses me off is feeling like shit I came home from work early today and have been just watching dvds all day. If i'm not better by tomorrow it looks like i'll be missing out on an awesome gig:(

I hear you, my minor sore throat decided it'd be fucking hilarious if it turned into a full blown infection, with an infected ear and a headache. I'm on panadeine forte and still in pain.

That's funny, because i am a Christian, yet i did find my own morals

:Smug: You don't recongise the self-contradictory nature of that statement?

At the risk of opening up a massive can of worms, I think someone saying they adhere to a particular religion while picking and choosing whatever particular aspects of morality, spirituality and conduct suit them is like someone saying they're vegetarian just because they agree with eating vegetables despite still chowing down on the odd steak and hotdog.

I think Kevin Smith said it best in Dogma

"Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you."

I dont mind organised religion; or a theocratical dictatorship; there are two things that hold society together, and that is law and religion, the tighter you impose these two things the more controlled society becomes. While I wouldnt like to live in such a place, some people do and it works for them; freedom is quite often over rated and brings dissent and immortality. Look at abortion rates in countries that are ruled with heavy law and religion - they are neglegable, and look at them in a free country such as ours.

At the risk of opening up a massive can of worms, I think someone saying they adhere to a particular religion while picking and choosing whatever particular aspects of morality, spirituality and conduct suit them is like someone saying they're vegetarian just because they agree with eating vegetables despite still chowing down on the odd steak and hotdog.

I agree with you there. It's like "strict" catholics who have premarital sex, but go on and on about how much their religion means to them. If you call yourself a christain or catholic or whatever then you have to be it in whole, not just what you like about it, otherwise, frankly, you're just a cockhead.
And vegetarians who sometimes nibble on fish? Don't get me started on them, they can't wear that fucking title the wankers.
veg·e·tar·i·an –noun 1. a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or, in some cases, any food derived from animals, as eggs or cheese, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.

It's because of these dickwits that so many people still ask if I eat fish or chicken when I say I'm a vegetarian. Argh. Idiots. Buy a dictionary.

meh what can i say, the well bred contradict others, but the wise contradict themselves

ps- no one said it was easy

What pisses me off is feeling like shit
I hear you

Amen, 4th day straight on the down and out for me.

Dän;6317403 said:
I dont mind organised religion; or a theocratical dictatorship; there are two things that hold society together, and that is law and religion, the tighter you impose these two things the more controlled society becomes. While I wouldnt like to live in such a place, some people do and it works for them; freedom is quite often over rated and brings dissent and immortality. Look at abortion rates in countries that are ruled with heavy law and religion - they are neglegable, and look at them in a free country such as ours.

I agree, you've always gotta watch out for those hippie left-wingers living forever, its quite a problem.

I agree, you've always gotta watch out for those hippie left-wingers living forever, its quite a problem.

I dont know if you're being satirical, sarcastic or whatever. But yeh, Hippies are cunts and should be shot upon sightings :kickass:

What, so you like hippies then and think they contribute to society in a positive manner?
All they do is corrupt the minds of impressionable youth when they work there way into the education system, consistantly informing you of the apparent evils of conservatism. Hense they should be shot

Or are you ok with having kids filled with propaganda rather than facts?

Not being able to use the wipe on sex appeal cause I think i lost it.
:lol:
There was me thinking you'd be more disappointed about the laundry powder :p

It's been said before but it needs to be said again:
Bar Ace = lose.
That said, there's still plenty of fun to be had there as long as you have the right attitude :lol:.

Dän;6322138 said:
What, so you like hippies then and think they contribute to society in a positive manner?
All they do is corrupt the minds of impressionable youth when they work there way into the education system, consistantly informing you of the apparent evils of conservatism. Hense they should be shot

Or are you ok with having kids filled with propaganda rather than facts?

sounds alot like religion.
like that fuck who tried to give me a flyer last nite.
whom stormster made best friends with :p