What pisses me off

Dän;6322668 said:
So its ok to have tutors and lecturers make you feel like a criminal because of your conservative beliefs? And its ok to pay money to be taught distort opinions as opposed to facts?

Tutors and lecturers? Where's this come from? Look dude, if you've had some people trying to force opinions on you, then that sucks, but it sounds as if you're trying to use here as an outlet for anger and I don't think your intent is nearly as relevant here.

and as for the personal attacks, im gonna leave it off the forums.
i'll sort it out in my own time.

:end of maturity rant:
Sorry man I didn't mean to single you or in absentia out. I was just bored and thought it would be funny to post a days of our lives pic. Plus a lot of other people here do little subtle stabs at each other. Oh and you make an awesome role model, if only more drunk people in pubs wore an army of darkness mask and constantly screemed Evaaaaaalllll DEAD:headbang: :kickass:

I don't see any aspect of this conversation getting out of hand.

well i can.
someone can easily take something the wrong way, and could get ugly.
like i took something the wrong way already.

in any case, if you want to squabble over this some more, be my guest, im gonna stay out of it.
if anyone saw me last nite, they will know how shitty i get when religion, politics, pedophiles (or any other crap like that) comes into discussion.

Sorry man I didn't mean to single you or in absentia out. I was just bored and thought it would be funny to post a days of our lives pic. Plus a lot of other people here do little subtle stabs at each other. Oh and you make an awesome role model, if only more drunk people in pubs wore an army of darkness mask and constantly screemed Evaaaaaalllll DEAD:headbang: :kickass:

yea i know man, its cool, i can imagine you are getting bored.
but yea from now on, im gonna try to stop my personal life entering here(even tho most of you know me personally :p)

hahahaha, oh man at the end they crank Raining Blood and the stupid hippies cant take it hahahahaha :kickass:

Dän;6322668 said:
So its ok to have tutors and lecturers make you feel like a criminal because of your conservative beliefs? And its ok to pay money to be taught distort opinions as opposed to facts?

You still haven't explicitly outlined any of these distorted opinions or what this propaganda actually is....

I'm curious :lol:

What's your point, Troy? You trying to tell us that he's worth less as a person because of his sexual preferences?
Nah man. I just find it strange that a such a fucked up dude can be looked upon so highly. I have nothing against gays. Just gays that write books that I had to read at school. :p

All the hippies I know drive shitheap cars with 10 times the greenhouse gas emissions of new-model cars, claim to be vegetarian but eat at least fish, listen to terrible music with no regard for anyone else when it comes to either volume or sharing the CD player, stage protests that quickly become riots (nice and peaceful, guys!), and use the "i live meekly" excuse as if it's a valid reason for being late/absent/unreliable. and they ALL hate John Howard, yet have no valid reasons other than "NO WAR FOR OIL OMG." of course those that are actually ON the electoral role all vote green, even though they don't know anything of the greens' policies beyond pulling out of the war and legalising weed.

real nice people, hippies.

I need to buy you several beers man :kickass:

You still haven't explicitly outlined any of these distorted opinions or what this propaganda actually is....

I'm curious :lol:

Ok, get this. In a social science lecture the bitch played a union video that was bagging the Howard gov. It was just some cunt dressed as howard saying this shit.

Fucking pinko bitch; teach me fact and ill make up my own mind about the world. Dont teach me your beliefs, then make me look up fact to certify those beliefs. Those kind of lecturers should be shot.

Furthermore, I have no doubt that a degree of the marking went to who could spew the most unionsed labor bullshit; in my tute we had some aboriginal goin on about sayin sorry every other minute, some feminist going on about how men are ruining society and about 10 other pinko commies goin on about how fucked this countrey is under Howard. Then i say a valid point about how fuckin good this country is, how we shouldn't say sorry, and how women are equal with men in most aspects of society, are indeed favoured in others, then i get made feel like im a criminal because of these opposing views.

Fuckers. Thats the primary reason why I am the way I am. That and I read fact and not fiction to determine my beliefs.

Mate - Dan - you're an absolute champion. I was like you in first year, had to listen to all this pinko shit. I just didnt voice my opinion cause i knew everyone would be against me and i wasn't really too informed on the subjects at hand, but sounds like you are. If you got shitty marks fight them on it, marking is all based on criteria, not opinion, so they cant do it if they did. I feel your pain brother, thats why i quickly got away from the ARTS part of my degree. I still encounter that left wing shit all the time though, they make you feel wrong if you don't agree with homosexuality - yet they promote openness in opinion, and that everyone should have an equal say - go figure. In and out as quickly as possible, thats my goal.

Dan said:
Fuckers. Thats the primary reason why I am the way I am. That and I read fact and not fiction to determine my beliefs.
Maybe you do read facts, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be open to other views in opinion. If you don't agree with the video then don't agree with it, it's that simple. You don't have to take everything you see in, take it with a grain of salt if it's so factually corrupt. As for basing all your opinion on fact, so did Derek out of American History X. Even facts can be distorted and misleading. It's like the idea of using a different chart to make certain statistics look higher than they really are.

On a totally different topic, I'm starting to get REALLY pissed off at my inability to get back "into" music. I find myself air drumming all the friggin' time, I've got a kit I LOVE playing but everytime I talk to someone about starting a band/having a jam it either falls through or we have extremely different ideas for the direction we want to head

Mate - Dan - you're an absolute champion. I was like you in first year, had to listen to all this pinko shit. I just didnt voice my opinion cause i knew everyone would be against me and i wasn't really too informed on the subjects at hand, but sounds like you are. If you got shitty marks fight them on it, marking is all based on criteria, not opinion, so they cant do it if they did. I feel your pain brother, thats why i quickly got away from the ARTS part of my degree. I still encounter that left wing shit all the time though, they make you feel wrong if you don't agree with homosexuality - yet they promote openness in opinion, and that everyone should have an equal say - go figure. In and out as quickly as possible, thats my goal.

Yeh man, I changed out of my arts component as well, our kind isnt welcome there. Fuckers.

At least its all cool in economics because the lecturers arent cunts and never introduce political biasness into what they say, they teach fact, which is what they are paid for; not like those gay art fags who teach opinion, and even then do it poorly.

If you dont think we should say sorry, agree with gay marrige, denounce the war, think Howard is the biggest cunt ever, that Al Gore is a hero, along with Michael Moore, and, moreover, are generally conservative, you get shot down, not only by other blind eyed pinko students, but also by faggoty-arse-cunt tutors who push their (warped/incorrect/gay/fucked-up) beliefs onto impressionable kids.

Maybe you do read facts, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be open to other views in opinion. If you don't agree with the video then don't agree with it, it's that simple. You don't have to take everything you see in, take it with a grain of salt if it's so factually corrupt. As for basing all your opinion on fact, so did Derek out of American History X. Even facts can be distorted and misleading. It's like the idea of using a different chart to make certain statistics look higher than they really are.

So its ok for a lecturer to show a Union video in class that bags our prime minister. Get real man.

Facts arent misleading if you dont negate the important ones; ala Michael moor and Al gore.

Dän;6325512 said:
So its ok for a lecturer to show a Union video in class that bags our prime minister. Get real man.
There are plenty of people on BOTH sides of the political fence who abuse their positions of influence to push their own personal beliefs. It doesn't matter what side of the fence someone's on - personal integrity is something irrespective of political agenda. I'm pretty sure we're on the same wavelengths on many socially unpalatable issues however at the same time I reckon you're not doing the conservative argument any favours by sensationalising things like a lecturer playing an anti-Howard video. I'm assuming it was more along the lines of political satire than blatant propaganda, though I may be wrong... either way, it's their call. All you can do is don't let their bullshit get to you - stay true to your beliefs and make sure your voice is at least as loud as theirs :kickass:.