What PPX band are you most excited about seeing

Very surprised to see how few lists Fates Warning appear on. That is very interesting in fact.....

I appreciate the band, but I'm just not in to that flavor of progressive metal.

Some time ago, there was a post that described the differences between American prog/power metal and European prog/power metal. I'm not a huge fan of American prog/power metal, except in cases where they are more like European prog/power metal. IMHO they're quite different.

That's one of the big reasons that I like and support PP USA because Glenn does a good job (we all know he tries VERY hard!) to bring in European acts (except when the US of A government says otherwise!). I just prefer European type metal - and this is by far THE best place to see it in the US.

My problem with FW is their catalog is so extensive. I think I might wanna start with their Live In Athens album so I experience all eras at once.

I personally do not care for FW.
The reason I am surprised is that what seemed like a grand-slam announcement a year ago has turned into a "meh" around these parts.

Aside from that, I agree it is a solid lineup, and well balanced between power and prog.

I personally do not care for FW.
The reason I am surprised is that what seemed like a grand-slam announcement a year ago has turned into a "meh" around these parts.

Aside from that, I agree it is a solid lineup, and well balanced between power and prog.

A generally younger crowd seems to hang here. Many who weren't even listening to metal when FW put out their classics. I think the excitement will be there at their show.

I personally am very excited to see them.

Orphaned Land

I think part of the reason for the lack of anticipation for seeing Fates Warning is the lack of any kind of indication that the band really still exists, makes music, performs live, whatever.

Now Ascension, I have to ask you. Which RH albums are your favorite? I only know little about the band and am curious to check out more stuff. What do you suggest?

Most will swear to the releases with DC Cooper, Paradox in particular...but l'm partial to John West's tenure with them...Fear being tops but The Mission almost as well. With that said, Paradox II: Collision Course, the latest with Mark Boals, is phenomenal. The lyrical subject matter is very relevant.

If you have those 4...you have RH in a nutshell.

Most will swear to the releases with DC Cooper, Paradox in particular...but l'm partial to John West's tenure with them...Fear being tops. With that said, Paradox II: Collision Course, the latest with Mark Boals, is phenomenal. The lyrical subject matter is very relevant.

I agree with Ascension on the new album, fucking fantastic. Although I am fan of Cooper over West.

Sabaton!

Primal Fear
Andre Matos (no more) :cry:

Curious about the Crimson Glory set with Wade Black, he rocked me with Leatherwolf live at PPVII showcase.

Most will swear to the releases with DC Cooper, Paradox in particular...but l'm partial to John West's tenure with them...Fear being tops but The Mission almost as well. With that said, Paradox II: Collision Course, the latest with Mark Boals, is phenomenal. The lyrical subject matter is very relevant.

If you have those 4...you have RH in a nutshell.

YtseJammer said:
Go and listen to Paradox right now!

If you want to hear "new" Royal Hunt, go listen to Fear.

Thank you very much. I will do my homework right now.

There are two distinct classifications of bands I'm looking forward to seeing this year: bands I'm looking forward to seeing for the first time and bands I'm looking forward to seeing again. The former list, in descending order, goes as follows:

Crimson Glory
Royal Hunt
Mindflow
Future's End
Mindcrime

The latter list, also in descending order, goes as follows:

Fates Warning
Brainstorm
Circus Maximus
Pagan's Mind
Primal Fear
Krucible
Suspyre

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

With respect to number of bands, that I have some level of interest in, this is by far the best year for me.

Won't miss a second of...
Brainstorm
Circus Maximus
Orphaned Land
Pagan's Mind

Will definitely be there when the set starts...*
Cage
Fates Warning
Future's End
Mindflow
Primal Fear
Royal Hunt
Sabaton

*With any of the above bands, they could completely kick my ass or I may be heading to the bar after three songs.

I'll be at the bar...
Crimson Glory
DSO

Zod

Or, you could get the following songs from iTunes:

The Arena 3:19 Fates Warning Perfect Symmetry
Shades of Heavenly Death 5:57 Fates Warning No Exit
Another Perfect Day 4:44 Fates Warning FWX
Fata Morgana 5:26 Fates Warning Awaken The Guardian
Guardian 7:33 Fates Warning Awaken The Guardian
The Eleventh Hour 8:12 Fates Warning Parallels
The Ivory Gate of Dreams: IV Quietus 4:24 Fates Warning No Exit
Point of View 5:07 Fates Warning Parallels
Part IX 4:46 Fates Warning A Pleasant Shade of Grey
The Apparition 5:50 Fates Warning The Spectre Within

GO WITH CHASING TIME!! A Greatest Hits comp that will give you enough of what you need to know...:headbang: