Votes: 0 0.0%
  • electricity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • violence

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • none of the above (something else)

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
So it seems Balance would be my next option, if The Natural Disaster doesn't suit the album. I dunno how much Balance does though. Pair up the word balance with an uncanny adjective, and it will all sound cool :cool:

pagan2002 said:
..the song the natural disaster is fine as it is, to call the entire album that is a bit bad because it doesnt sum up everything about how i feel about what happenned and what has become of it.

you know thom yorke (radiohead main songwriter/singer/genius) listens to his band mates and doesnt mind taking their advice onboard. his/their music is better for it. they asked him to change their new album title and so he did. to a better one. people who write alot can have a danger of going up their own asses, which is in the 'how to lose it' list pretty high up, as he put it .so with that in mind, and with me personal life and feelings in consideration,

...i am going to decide that the boys are right.

Erm, eughargh this is making my head spin in 7 different directions :erk:

Am I wrong here, please read this a few times to try and see what in getting across here

At the top you say you've decided that the title doesnt sum up what you've tried to express in the overall composition of the album which is a fine statement on its own.

But at the bottom it says you've decided to accept the opinion of the lads as right. But how did the lads know what you were trying to acheive in the overall theme of the album? I mean did they all realise at the same time that deep down inside you, all the meanings of the songs and the lyrics that youve reached down inside yourself to get out didnt fit the title, at which point they pointed it out to you? And that this deep inner meaning was something you never even noticed youself? But everyone else did.

So either

a)
youve been told that the title doesnt fit the meaning of the album by someone who doesnt even understand truly the deepest meaning of the lyrics.

or

b)
youve been told that the title doesnt fit the meaning of the album by someone who comletely understands truly the deepest meaning of the lyrics and this is right.

if the answer is

a)
then the notion of team spirit as you say is totally offside, youre getting dictated to and this is not team spirit. Starting a POLL to ask the forum members opinion also is not team spirit, because if the results of the poll say 'THE NATURAL DISASTER' is the best title then youre going to ignore these results because the lads have decided its not going to be TND and thats final.

b) then everyone in the band understands the true meaning of all the lyrics and therefore with such limitless understanding you should all have decided on the title of the album by now. In which case posting a poll to see the opinion of the people in this forum goes completely against the notion of this paragraph altogether. In fact this paragraph is making me feel sick.

So this poll is pointless and my head is spining even more now o_O

to my mind Anathema is the band/team, and even if danny wrote most of the stuff, he shouldn't be only one to decide about everything. anyway, let's leave it to danny and anathema, ok? let's not tell them what to do, ok?

.. asking people's opinion (in a poll) doesn't mean it must be accepted, and even when denied it can be important. I think its like this: fans opinion (poll) - market expectations - artists idea - bands opinion (not in this order) .. all together. Plus the mood of the moment spiced with some magic.

Sopel said:
to my mind Anathema is the band/team, and even if danny wrote most of the stuff, he shouldn't be only one to decide about everything. anyway, let's leave it to danny and anathema, ok? let's not tell them what to do, ok?

i dont know. i dont know anything about anything. theres a lot of crossed wires and im just trying to make sense of what i read. if i didnt read half of the things i do id not be confused. Im not trying to tell ANYONE what to do or what to think, and i dont take the piss out of or try and humiliate ANYTHING. I might make humorous observations, but i dont try and belittle anything at all. what i do see is a thousand brains all pointing in different directions and evrey now and then someone will make a very pompous attempt at saying what is ABSOLUTE, and it only makes things worse. Maybe Im just talking shit.

how 'bout giving it a name inspired by the general ambience of the tracks, like if they are more dark, (silent Enigma) or a bit like the genre of AFDTE, anyways i'd still say The Natural Disaster is ok, or any other title would be fine...

I thought I'd just mention; why doesn't Vinnie compose much, anyway? He managed to compose like one song for a particular album (alt-4 & AFDTE come to mind). I just figured since he played guitar as well, he would do more...I feel he has talent. IMO, he DID write the BEST song on AFDTE (Leave no Trace - just awesome!)

Seriously though, if none of the song titles fit with what you want the album to represent, a unique title for it should be considered.

Mick Moss said:
i dont know. i dont know anything about anything. theres a lot of crossed wires and im just trying to make sense of what i read. if i didnt read half of the things i do id not be confused. Im not trying to tell ANYONE what to do or what to think, and i dont take the piss out of or try and humiliate ANYTHING. I might make humorous observations, but i dont try and belittle anything at all. what i do see is a thousand brains all pointing in different directions and evrey now and then someone will make a very pompous attempt at saying what is ABSOLUTE, and it only makes things worse. Maybe Im just talking shit.

everything you know is wrong hahaha

(just joking, i think there's no sense to dwell on title of new album from anathema anymore)

Yeah Alcapoth, it would be cool if Vinny would be writing some more stuff, but I've heard he's just too lazy to do it. Reconnect and Leave no Trace are good songs, and if I remember well, he wrote The Beloved too (or at least the lyrics), also an awesome one (and I feel this one is underrated by a lot of people, I really like that song).
Oh and we shouldn't forget John, he wrote some excellent stuff too.

Let's not forget that funny turning triangle thing that looked like a gelatinous piece of velm torched onto the wall when it spoke in a sexy voice like...

emm, i reckon disaster and harmonium sound best but i dunno, if i could listen to the music it would be best but that can't happen so i dunno... i just wan't the songs to be good, don't care that much about album titles or sleeves and that.

kind of you to ask though danny. cheers.

THEN HOW ABOUT A SCRATCH AND SNIFF TITLE?

"we call this album cabbage and spoiled milk in a meadow. it's a bit more musky than our last album, and we feel we've grown."

Mick Moss said:
Erm, eughargh this is making my head spin in 7 different directions :erk:

Am I wrong here, please read this a few times to try and see what in getting across here

At the top you say you've decided that the title doesnt sum up what you've tried to express in the overall composition of the album which is a fine statement on its own.

But at the bottom it says you've decided to accept the opinion of the lads as right. But how did the lads know what you were trying to acheive in the overall theme of the album? I mean did they all realise at the same time that deep down inside you, all the meanings of the songs and the lyrics that youve reached down inside yourself to get out didnt fit the title, at which point they pointed it out to you? And that this deep inner meaning was something you never even noticed youself? But everyone else did.

So either

a)
youve been told that the title doesnt fit the meaning of the album by someone who doesnt even understand truly the deepest meaning of the lyrics.

or

b)
youve been told that the title doesnt fit the meaning of the album by someone who comletely understands truly the deepest meaning of the lyrics and this is right.

if the answer is

a)
then the notion of team spirit as you say is totally offside, youre getting dictated to and this is not team spirit. Starting a POLL to ask the forum members opinion also is not team spirit, because if the results of the poll say 'THE NATURAL DISASTER' is the best title then youre going to ignore these results because the lads have decided its not going to be TND and thats final.

b) then everyone in the band understands the true meaning of all the lyrics and therefore with such limitless understanding you should all have decided on the title of the album by now. In which case posting a poll to see the opinion of the people in this forum goes completely against the notion of this paragraph altogether. In fact this paragraph is making me feel sick.

So this poll is pointless and my head is spining even more now o_O

only a mate can reply like this.

Awrite there dan
I am in Hanoi now... and it rocks, just as we were always told. Anyway, I was looking at this thread and your mention of kirlian photography. Very good idea. I had someone take a kirlian photograph of me a couple of years ago. I am well interested in it. Have you thought of the band member photos only being kirlian photos? That was something I wanted to do with dead men dream, but seeing as you're gonna use those photos now I thought I might scrap the idea! Me and Kev had them done and they were very interesting. Apparently they tell you a lot about your "self" and about your "self's" current state.
Anyway thats it from me for now. I have noticed that i have gone "off thread".
By the way, I liked the natural disaster as a title myself. Better than a lot of the other ones - in my humble opinion. But I understand that if you wanna use kirlian photos that the title doesnt fit so well.
Good luck with the album. I never heard the AFDTE, but for some reason I have a good feeling about yous and your next record. Something to do with Jamie coming back. Give him a hug from me.
Once again, Hanoi Rocks. I'll soon be checking out some of the many slaughter sites from the old US tours of duty just a handful of years ago.
Daz