What the hell is this country coming too? Off topic!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
For the last 6 weeks I have been bombarded with daily emails from liberal sources, that are urging me to vote for Kerry. They are using these tactics that I consider unethical. I can't tell you the amount of junk, both snail & email I get. Bottom line, these Kerry supported are suggesting that Bush IS a racist & I should vote for Kerry on that alone. Let me tell you what happened last week end. This gal came up to the door & wanted to talk to me. She breifly spoke with the old lady. But insisted on talking to me. I talk to people daily, I get tired of hearing my voice. Reluctantly I went to the door, she asked if I wanted to know about G.W.'s stance on this vs. Kerry & how Bush is a racist. I stopped her dead in her tracks. I let her know I didn't want to hear her gibberish. I suggested she speak with my wife, as I had "better" things to do. She answered that she didn't need to talk to her. I said "why because she's not brown?!" The woman turned the color of tomatoe & didn't know what to say. I asked her not to come back & shut the door. Since then, I have been getting more phone calls from liberals, wanting to talk to me.
Fuck 'em I say. This is what is wrong with this country, nearly everything these days is dictaed by affirmative action. And when in doubt use the damn race card. I don't go that way. I don't want to be the token Hispanic on your team just because you don't have one. I want to be on the team, because You know I will kick ass. With the black shrinking(by their own hands at times)and the Hispanic population(we have taken California back & Texas is next) growing, these politicians are jumping all over it. I didn't like Kerry before & this has just reaffirmed feelings on Kerry & the liberals. I won't get a chance to get to the voting booth, on Tuesday the 2nd of November, so I have mailed off my ballot.
I'm not telling you who I voted for, but It will be for the winner.
Not that that was a prime choice either, all politicians, like everyone else isn't squeeky clean. Unfortunatley, these mother fuckers are granted a lot of power & 70% of the time it is abused.
Still, I love living here...

I hate both liberals and conservatives. But I will say right now that there could be an ANT on the podium opposite to Bush, and I would vote for the ant.

I'm an Aussie.. So I can't really comment on this. But I can say that Bush makes your country look bad. A lot of people are of the oppinion that Americans are all power hungry and will do anything to look like a hero, no matter what the cost.
Obviously I would NOT judge the people of your country by the actions of one man. But a lot of people do.
Australia's just as bad though, our Prime Minister follows Bush like a puppy dog.

Fuckin' politicians.. They can all burn in hell.

Liberal, conservatives, right-wing, left-wing...in the end all politicians are the same crap.

So I believe in voting because I like to support democracy, but I vote blank or nule to show my contempt for the creeps running for office.

And since Lemmy is God, Dio for president! :D

Well, no matter who's in office the world's view of the USA is generally the same.
I could careless about that. Like someone pointed out, politicians are just like the degenerate next door, but on a bigger level. It doesn't matter if they the conservatives or not. There was a comment on tv the other night, something about people from both parties frequenting whores...
The Republicans pay up...
The Democrats want it for nothing...
So in a sense, both are crooked...

If I could I would cast my vote for TED NUGENT!!!!!!!!!

But I agree with you, Swine. The Kerry set are so convinced that they have already won and that the whole world agrees with them...whether they do or not. Everybody acts like Kerry shits roses and that he invented bread and what not...I say he's a horse's ass. All he does is try to run his opponent down with facts that sound good to the general public when they don't know both sides of it anyway...And if I hear Kerry say one more time that those poor Iraqi's ain't hiding weapons of mass destruction I'll shit a Nissan Altima. What the hell???? Does this guy honestly think that Iraq isn't planning SOMETHING???? Fuck him!

The truth is Saddam was up to no good & truck the shit somewhere in the country.
We'll probably not find out about it until they start having kids being born with deformities & stuff like that. If senior would have gotten the job done the first time, we would have been rid of that tapeworm. You mean to tell me desert storm could have rolled him over?! Osama is likely dead, unfortunately that bastard won't be brought to justice. I still don't know why, they don't place chips in all these civilians working in Iraq? I sure as hell would want one. Thes fuckers snatch
people, but don't kill 'em right away. If you have a chip, where the special forces could locate you they'd stop this shit. The truth is they are a bunch of cowards, much like their leaders. If you think Iraq will change, you've got another thing coming. Kerry anti-NRA, but goes hunting for geese? What a jerk off.
I like how he had the shotgun folded over, so he can flip flop on that too. I can see it now, I didn't shoot the gun, see I was carrying it in a way that I couldn't have discharged it.

The problem with America is that it is constructed around a bipartisan system. You end up with only two viable options to elect and to me that is wrong. It is time for a change and time for choices.

For all Bush haters...... I neither support Bush, nor hate him, but realize this:

The decision Bush made to remove Saddam from power was a good move. Saddam is a tyrant who has killed his own people and is a threat to nations around him. Bush made his mistake in the way he went about removing him from power. Invading another country is just not the best way to go about things.

Having said that..... though I am voting Libertatian, I would vote for Bush over Kerry. John Kerry has proven he can't take a stand on issues as he has changed his mind several times on different issues. I think Bush has made a big mistake by starting a war in Iraq without trying other options first, but pulling out of the war is not an option now. America dropped nuclear weapons on Japan, then rebuilt the country and showed them how to be a manufacturing giant, which they are today.
The US has already caused so much destruction in Iraq, it is best to finish the job, start a democracy and help rebuild a free and profitable Iraq. It is easier said than done, but that is what needs to be done at this point.

Bryant

Bryant said:
.. I would vote for Bush over Kerry. John Kerry has proven he can't take a stand on issues as he has changed his mind several times on different issues...

I agree with every word you said except that. Perhaps Kerry has done a little "stance dancing", but... no more than Bush has on other issues if you ever look beyond the campaign rhetoric. The Bush administration sure as hell has flipped and flopped too. Bush ran on platform of bipartisan inclusiveness and understanding, then, proceeded to push some of the furthest right legislation in recent history. Bush stated very clearly that he would only use war as a last resort and I think even you agree he didn't. Bush based his desire for war on Iraq having WMD's... now, it wasn't on WMD's it was to depose the dictator. (While noble... it's still a flip flop) Bush claimed to adhere to sound science and then pushed for rediculous things like old growth logging so as to prevent forest fires. Old growth logging... not terribly bad if done responcibly... but to justify it with fire prevention? Craziness. I suppose he's right... technically... if there IS no forest it can't burn down. Sorry to say it, but that is not sound science. Yucca Mountain is not on sound science. George claimed to be consciencious (spelling? its late) about the evironment... no... he's not. If anyone would care to dispute that one is either a giant liar or not terribly in touch with what's going on in that arena. There's more that I can't think of at the moment... maybe I'll do a follow up later.

EDIT: After posting this I read it again and can already tell I'm going to be billed as a Kerry supporter and/or a Bush hater. For the record, all politicians are shitheaded flip floppers. I hate when only ONE gets billed as one when they ALL are. I felt the need to rectify the imbalance. That should clear things up.

Thraxz said:
I agree with every word you said except that. Perhaps Kerry has done a little "stance dancing", but... no more than Bush has on other issues if you ever look beyond the campaign rhetoric. The Bush administration sure as hell has flipped and flopped too.
I don't disagree at all but..... Kerry has done it more than Bush. I am far from high-fiving the Bush administration. I think we need better choices than either of those. I am not pro-Bush by any means, nor do I absolutely hate Kerry, but why vote for the lesser of two evils ? We need choices, not silly bipartisan politics.

bryant

Kerry has flip flopped more? Seems about the same to me. Then again... they all seem the same to me.

Bryant said:
I am not pro-Bush by any means, nor do I absolutely hate Kerry, but why vote for the lesser of two evils ? We need choices, not silly bipartisan politics. bryant
How realistic do you think that is? I think that's a difficult task, the two parties we have have been around for so long, that I think it would be a hard sell. I think it would be great to have a party that is in the middle, some conservative views & some more on the liberal end of things.
I know that other countries have several parties, for example Mexico has four, which give people choices. Unfortunately, the country's corrupt(like most) & we haven't seen a true election there yet...

While the removal of Saddam is a positive, make no mistake about the following:

- the Bush admin either blatantly lied about WMDs (remeber, Colin Powell was quoted last spring as saying that the case he brought before the UN pre-war was fabricated and erroneous)
OR
- they didn't lie, but made the single most colassal error in the history of the United States.

So, voting for Bush is to vote for either a liar or an incompetent?
Why cheat yourself and the nation in such a manner?

And, lest we forget, the fact that a NO-BID, multi-billion dollar contract was given to Cheney's former company speaks VOLUMES as to the true intent of the war in Iraq.
What's democratic or capitalistic about simply GIVING one company a no-bid contract? That's NOT how capitalism functions.

Sure, Kerry may be a poor choice, but the opposite choice is unthinkable.

I would like to take a moment and thank you all for leaving mature and, more or less, flameless posts. Cheers!

SoundMaster said:
Sure, Kerry may be a poor choice, but the opposite choice is unthinkable.

I don't usually talk many politics these days except with my girlfriend as people get WAY too riled up about shit. Bottom line, politics and religion are individual personal choices, so don't intrude on my thoughts.

That said, what Soundmaster said is basically my way of thinking nowadays.

My choice is either John Kerry or Michael Badnarik. I'll decide when I get there.

Bryant said:
The decision Bush made to remove Saddam from power was a good move. Saddam is a tyrant who has killed his own people and is a threat to nations around him. Bush made his mistake in the way he went about removing him from power. Invading another country is just not the best way to go about things.
Let's get real everybody wanted to have something like Saddam out. But what about the Chinese regime, and Castro, and North Korea, and Hugo Chavez, and most of the Arab countries, and Putin, and Sharon and countless dictators, dictators wannabe, election fixers, warlords, cheap populists, etc., that are all around the globe. Why don't remove them?

In the end no [goverment = politicians] cares a shit about what's right or wrong, only what is at stake an how to fatten their pockets. This time Iraq was the pretext, next time it can be________________(put your favorite target in here).

Darth Vader for president (he has the coolest music background) :D

Kerry. It's not even a fucking question. The Bush administration has lied time and again to the American public, based on our evangelical president's terrible certainty that he and he alone is right. Bush has PUBLICLY STATED that he believes God tells him what to do, that he has a heavenly mandate. Do you really want a nutcase like that in the most powerful office in the nation? To say nothing of the insane John Ashcroft and Dick Cheney's sadistic double-dealings.

As for the "flip-flopping" accusations, give me a fucking break! Since when was it a bad thing to be able to admit you were wrong? Bush and Kerry both had the same intelligence; the difference is that Bush and his administration misrepresented it and terrified the American public with assurances that Hussein DID have WMDs, while Kerry voted based on that intelligence and then, finding out it was false, said that he was wrong. I completely fail to see why that's a bad thing.

Here's an interesting read from the New York Times.

Imagining America if George Bush Chose the Supreme Court
By ADAM COHEN

Published: October 18, 2004

Abortion might be a crime in most states. Gay people could be thrown in prison for having sex in their homes. States might be free to become mini-theocracies, endorsing Christianity and using tax money to help spread the gospel. The Constitution might no longer protect inmates from being brutalized by prison guards. Family and medical leave and environmental protections could disappear.

It hardly sounds like a winning platform, and of course President Bush isn't openly espousing these positions. But he did say in his last campaign that his favorite Supreme Court justices were Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, and the nominations he has made to the lower courts bear that out. Justices Scalia and Thomas are often called "conservative," but that does not begin to capture their philosophies. Both vehemently reject many of the core tenets of modern constitutional law.

For years, Justices Scalia and Thomas have been lobbing their judicial Molotov cocktails from the sidelines, while the court proceeded on its moderate-conservative path. But given the ages and inclinations of the current justices, it is quite possible that if Mr. Bush is re-elected, he will get three appointments, enough to forge a new majority that would turn the extreme Scalia-Thomas worldview into the law of the land.

There is every reason to believe Roe v. Wade would quickly be overturned. Mr. Bush ducked a question about his views on Roe in the third debate. But he sent his base a coded message in the second debate, with an odd reference to the Dred Scott case. Dred Scott, an 1857 decision upholding slavery, is rarely mentioned today, except in right-wing legal circles, where it is often likened to Roe. (Anti-abortion theorists say that the court refused to see blacks as human in Dred Scott and that the same thing happened to fetuses in Roe.) For more than a decade, Justices Scalia and Thomas have urged their colleagues to reverse Roe and "get out of this area, where we have no right to be."

If Roe is lost, the Center for Reproductive Rights warns, there's a good chance that 30 states, home to more than 70 million women, will outlaw abortions within a year; some states may take only weeks. Criminalization will sweep well beyond the Bible Belt: Ohio could be among the first to drive young women to back-alley abortions and prosecute doctors.

If Justices Scalia and Thomas become the Constitution's final arbiters, the rights of racial minorities, gay people and the poor will be rolled back considerably. Both men dissented from the Supreme Court's narrow ruling upholding the University of Michigan's affirmative-action program, and appear eager to dismantle a wide array of diversity programs. When the court struck down Texas' "Homosexual Conduct" law last year, holding that the police violated John Lawrence's right to liberty when they raided his home and arrested him for having sex there, Justices Scalia and Thomas sided with the police.

They were just as indifferent to the plight of "M.L.B.," a poor mother of two from Mississippi. When her parental rights were terminated, she wanted to appeal, but Mississippi would not let her because she could not afford a court fee of $2,352.36. The Supreme Court held that she had a constitutional right to appeal. But Justices Scalia and Thomas dissented, arguing that if M.L.B. didn't have the money, her children would have to be put up for adoption.

That sort of cruelty is a theme running through many Scalia-Thomas opinions. A Louisiana inmate sued after he was shackled and then punched and kicked by two prison guards while a supervisor looked on. The court ruled that the beating, which left the inmate with a swollen face, loosened teeth and a cracked dental plate, violated the prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment. But Justices Scalia and Thomas insisted that the Eighth Amendment was not violated by the "insignificant" harm the inmate suffered.

This year, the court heard the case of a man with a court appearance in rural Tennessee who was forced to either crawl out of his wheelchair and up to the second floor or be carried up by court officers he worried would drop him. The man crawled up once, but when he refused to do it again, he was arrested. The court ruled that Tennessee violated the Americans With Disabilities Act by not providing an accessible courtroom, but Justices Scalia and Thomas said it didn't have to.

A Scalia-Thomas court would dismantle the wall between church and state. Justice Thomas gave an indication of just how much in his opinion in a case upholding Ohio's school voucher program. He suggested, despite many Supreme Court rulings to the contrary, that the First Amendment prohibition on establishing a religion may not apply to the states. If it doesn't, the states could adopt particular religions, and use tax money to proselytize for them. Justices Scalia and Thomas have also argued against basic rights of criminal suspects, like the Miranda warning about the right to remain silent.

President Bush claims to want judges who will apply law, not make it. But Justices Scalia and Thomas are judicial activists, eager to use the fast-expanding federalism doctrine to strike down laws that protect people's rights. Last year, they dissented from a decision upholding the Family and Medical Leave Act, which guarantees most workers up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to care for a loved one. They said Congress did not have that power. They have expressed a desire to strike down air pollution and campaign finance laws for similar reasons.

Neither President Bush nor John Kerry has said much about Supreme Court nominations, wary of any issue whose impact on undecided voters cannot be readily predicted. But voters have to think about the Supreme Court. If President Bush gets the chance to name three young justices who share the views of Justices Scalia and Thomas, it could fundamentally change America for decades.

My fellow Americans:

It's always good to talk about these kinds of things. I've read a lot here I agree with and some I disagree with. But let's pause and remember for one minute that it's still the greatest place on earth...America, that is...just my opinion and no offense to my friends overseas..I just love my country...no offense to yours....

You don't see any Americans swimming to Cuba....