What the hell is this country coming too? Off topic!

tedvanfrehley said:
You don't see any Americans swimming to Cuba....
Neither to Hawaii...:p

Sorry couldn't help an idiotic remark :wave:

America is the richest nation on earth. Look at that GDP... that serves only to keep the rich where they are. And... having a state of the art military... that serves only to kill arabs (though many are warrented). We don't have half the personal freedoms that a good chunk of Europe does... gay marriage for example. I'm not gay but why the fuck do I think I can tell them what they can and can't do. Isn't that making someones life choices for them? Where's your free America now, Asshole?

Hearing about how "free" we are makes me sick.

Americans are so funny, they are gonna re-elect Bush, another country will be burn to the ground and be everything but dust (Iran is this country), and they will feel safe with a president who is rachist, redneck, murderer, retard, and thinks that killings are blessed by God.
To all of you who think that Bush did good with removing Saddam from power, congratulations, Saddam didnt kill 10 people per day you know, in Iraq more than 10 people die and get injured every single day, since american soldiers walked in. I am not saying that Saddam was a holy man .. quite the opposite, but the american attack in Iraq made NO GOOD, just made things worse.
Thraxz you rule. Tedvanfrehley i feel sorry for you man, you are a poor redneck who obviously thinks that there are secret Iraqui agents near your door. And you obviously think that american soldiers in Iraq are heroes. Iraq was a poor country which didnt even had a single TANK to defend its capital, and you guys are talking about "hidden weapons of mass destruction" and "chemical weapons" that still exist, you believed every crap Bush said, to justify your "proud american nation's crimes".

Thraxz said:
gay marriage for example. I'm not gay but why the fuck do I think I can tell them what they can and can't do. Isn't that making someones life choices for them? Where's your free America now, Asshole?

Hearing about how "free" we are makes me sick.
That is a great point. I have nothign against gays, in fact I think they should have the legal right to get married. What's the deal? It's not like they won't be together? Much like a hetro couple.

TVF, I wouldn't swim to Cuba or swim to Mexico for that matter, that would be insane. I like that comment though, it had me laughing....:tickled:

Did Iofthestorm post something? It must have been as intelligent as his other gibberish..

See there....looks like ol' Linus was right when he said "...there are three things in life I've learned that you just can't discuss. Religion. Politics, and the existance of the Great Pumpkin".

Here's what's too bad...it's too bad that people can't post a comment or two about certain goings on in the world without a couple people getting fired up and using the anonymity of the internet to fertilize the growth of a set of balls in order to start spewing unintelligent insults at folks who weren't even talking to them in the first place.

Some people just don't get enough fiber in their diets, I suppose.

I know, but you see the people that get bent out of shape are people on the "outside" they aren't regulars & I for one don't care for that kind of nonsense.
I could balst 'em, but why on earth would I waste choice material on someone like that?! I think you can discuss off topic things here for the most part & "usually" there's no trouble.
TVF, do not fear "the problem" will be resolved soon...

Try to listen to all opinions whether you like them or not, whether you are fond of the way they are presented and focusing more on what they say, and not who said them. And cut the crap with the "regulars' thing, some have more important things to do than being in this forum, this forum may be the most important thing in your life and you cant live with out it, well get over it, you dont own this forum, EVERYONE has the right to come in here and talk about whatever they want, in the way they feel its better for them.

But IOFTHESTORM, it is YOU, my Greecian brother, who were disrespectful of others' opinions. Not I. It was you who read my post and chose to call me a "poor redneck" and all that jazz. I don't oppose your different opinion. I welcome it. But when you read somebody's post and immediately slag them on a PERSONAL level then you lose all your credibility. That's another thing that is wrong with JOHN "Botox" KERRY - he can't let his comments stand on their own...he has to make them personal, like when he mentioned that "Dick Cheney's daughter, who by the way is a lesbian..." and all that. You can always differ in opinion, but when you comment on somebody's geographical and financial status (poor redneck, for example...) then you just look like another dumbass with nothing intelligent to say.

Love, ya, big guy!
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
And if I hear Kerry say one more time that those poor Iraqi's ain't hiding weapons of mass destruction I'll shit a Nissan Altima. What the hell???? Does this guy honestly think that Iraq isn't planning SOMETHING???? Fuck him!
Hey SOOOORRRYYYY but this thing reflects the ideas of the common american redneck. As i told you i my first post in this topic, it is already a FACT that Iraquis didnt have NOT A SINGLE TANK to defend their capital, and you are saying that THEY ARE PLANNING SOMETHING? Hey dont blame me for your ideas that are the typical "redneck-ish" ones. The whole world knows (and knew even before the war) that there are not WOMD in Iraq, and you keep considering Iraq as a thread. So tell me HOW can i take you seriously ?And the other "america is the greatest place on earth". Ok dude most people believe that their country is the greatest place on earth but i wonder why americans keep telling it all the time...
So dont stick with the thing that i called you "poor redneck" because thats how you act. Its more than geography and financy , its about beliefs. And you believe that Iraq is a threat to usa while it stopped being a threat since the gulf war. You burned the whole country to the ground, made tombs, and still you think that Iraq (which Iraq? Is there really an Iraq now? ... Jesus Christ) makes plans for attack

Nearly all metalheads are anti-Bush -- I for one will vote for the guy, although I am compelled to consider the options. Many of you do make sound arguments for Kerry (which I respect), but not sound enough for me, or for nearly half the U.S.

I vie for the side that comes closest to my biggest wants; the biggest is my desire to keep the rewards of my labor mine. No side will satisfy all my requests. I want stem cells to give me a new pancreas, to breathe cleaner air, abortion and euthanasia to be fully available...while I know Kerry is the better guy on these, I do see him and his party more freely giving away my shit to those who don't fuckin' deserve it. For that, I stay Republican. If I’m still ‘wrong’, I personally need more convincing. Convince me of this, rather than endlessly banter on about how all my rights will evaporate if Dubya gets another 4, how they knew of 9/11 beforehand but turned a blind eye, went to war for his daddy, etc…The war is not as big an issue to me.

Cheers for the intelligent discussion...:headbang:

I like your response Insomnia, although I see things from another perspective. Good thoughts indeed.

I was a hardcore conservative for many years of my life. But life and the living 'awakened' me, as I like to say.

In my view, "liberalism" is not a bad word (although the media is doing everything it can to slander the term). It's the ultimate outcome of
society - of a society that functions properly. Conservativism is the opposite of that - it's regression as opposed to progression. Of course, each of these is subjective and can be found in the eye of the beholder.

Sure, I'm disgusted by the creeps who live off of society and abuse welfare. But, in my view, the qualities that lead people to welfare (aside from disability, etc) are part of human nature. This simply won't go away by
ignoring it & turning a blind eye. It simply makes more sense to provide for the less fortunate than to leave them with nothing. If they have nothing, they'll be even more apt to reduce themselves to crime. And we'll suffer much worse for it.

A society is measured by how well it treats it's weakest members. If we refuse to acknowledge that, we're doomed.

As for the current administration, I see it as being the single-worst example of corruption and abuse of government that's ever existed. They have such little regard for the common American it's sickening. Why should we be pawns in their great cash-grab?
Of course, I'm a cynic & view the entire system as "ill" (both parties), but Bush & cronies represent the most blatant case of corruption & what's wrong with the system.

Also, the war in Iraq gravelly concerms me as it's FEEDING into the ethos of the Islamo-fascists of the world. The war helps validate all of OBL's points & helps to push the non-militant minded Middle-Easterner further away from the West's view & closer to the likes of bin Laden. And that's worrisome.

The war is doing more to put AMerica at risk than it is to provide "safety".

^EXCELLENT post. We should send you as an ambassador to the Billy Milano board; they need a reasoned conservative as opposed to the idiotic bloodthirsty reactionism infesting that forum.

Insania–without being too intrusive how much are you making? Cause if it's under 200 grand a year, Kerry's tax plan will be much more beneficial to you. If it's over–well, that's kinda selfish, but I can understand it. You're looking out for your family, and if you think more money as opposed to more options/rights is a better way, then go for it.

Tedvanfrehley said:
another thing that is wrong with JOHN "Botox" KERRY - he can't let his comments stand on their own...he has to make them personal, like when he mentioned that "Dick Cheney's daughter, who by the way is a lesbian..." and all that.
And pray tell, what is wrong with that? It was a very intelligent comment by Kerry to expose the intolerance and hypocrisy of the right–they pretend to be supportive of gay rights, but go up in flames when it's mentioned that Mary Cheney is a lesbian. As if that's some kind of shameful secret, something that should be hidden, a mark of dishonor. As far as I know, Ms. Cheney herself has not commented on this, but she has been out of the closet for years, even working as the head of a Gay & Lesbian Outreach Committee for the Bush campaign. Do you think she's angry that John Kerry called her a lesbian? It's what she is. If I were her, I'd be more angry at my father, for acting like that's some kind of terrible stain on the family.

Insania said:
I vie for the side that comes closest to my biggest wants; the biggest is my desire to keep the rewards of my labor mine. No side will satisfy all my requests. I want stem cells to give me a new pancreas, to breathe cleaner air, abortion and euthanasia to be fully available...while I know Kerry is the better guy on these, I do see him and his party more freely giving away my shit to those who don't fuckin' deserve it. For that, I stay Republican. If I’m still ‘wrong’, I personally need more convincing. Convince me of this, rather than endlessly banter on about how all my rights will evaporate if Dubya gets another 4, how they knew of 9/11 beforehand but turned a blind eye, went to war for his daddy, etc…The war is not as big an issue to me.
I totally understand your reasons for voting Bush. Perhaps if i was in your position i would think all these too.
But now as a non - american (thankfully) i am thinking only about the war that is not a big issue for you. I dont care about the internal american affairs, but because Bush wants the play the world wide cop, i sure hate to see him become usa president again. Because i dont want to see another country burned to dust, and because all the world doesnt need right now is another war. Bush's actions made tombs. Thats all i know, and that is all i need to know. He is not better than the common world terrorist he is fighting against. You guys are shocked with the beheadings of american/english people in Iraq? Well i was shocked with all the dead Iraqui children because of american bombs. I am shocked that Bush supports another cold blooded murderer (Ariel Sharon) and are humans who cheer for him. And i know that if Bush will be elected again, more massacres will occur.

"the biggest is my desire to keep the rewards of my labor mine."

There is no way I could ever place my largest priority in life on money. I, personally, find it incredibly shallow and ridiculously self-centered. (This is not a personal attack... it is why I cannot vote for Bush.) The idea that Kerry is at fault for a tax increase that you MAY OR MAY NOT FEEL is unfounded. The need for the tax increase is CREATED BY George W. Bush himself. He rewards the outsourcing of jobs to places like India... meaning there are less (high end I might add) American workers paying taxes (in other words spreading the tax burden around). Furthermore, he rewards these companies by...guess what... TAX BREAKS!! Consequently your tax burden just went up AGAIN. Economic analysts in Bush's own camp say that outsourcing only serves to hurt the US and it's economy.

Decreased GDP + at least 160 billion war = decreased tax revenues + increased expenditures = high deficit + high inflation = more need to increase tax rates.

High inflation is the same thing as taking money out of your pocket, friend. 1% inflation = 1% income tax WITH NO DEDUCTIONS.

"freely giving away my shit to those who don't fuckin' deserve it. "

You receive services bought via tax $$ from people even more wealthy than yourself. (I.E. police, subsidies, firefighters, roads, etc.) They often times say the same thing about you. Think of the circular logic there and perhaps that judgement that you just passed might be scaled back some. I'm with Pyrus on this one... sure, there will ALWAYS be scumsuckers who abuse the welfare system but its worth a few leeches to help the many. A lower class that is taken care of is a lower class that doesn't want to revolt and behead the upper class (I.E. French Revolution).

Thanks for your time.

SoundMaster said:
Well, my friend, prepare yourself for the worst. Bush will be re-elected. I think it's a given. Although I could be wrong.
He will be victorious on 11.2.04.
Here's something to think about, Reagan & Bush have both gotten a bad wrap for what happened to the economy in the states, while they were in office. However, people don't look at the fact that what Carter & Clinton did, led us to where we are at the present time. Everything a president will become another's burden down the road. The fact that Bush has had so many failiures in his business life, makes him an easy target at the present time.
He has people that he consults with, it's not like he pulls the trigger, without thought. And yes, the Iraq situation will become another's problem in the future, could be Kerry or the one after. In reality, I don't see much changing there. You can't change a culture that's dead set on continuing in their ways. And why would we expect that?! If we leave we're bastards for taking off, if you stay, you're the occupant. There really isn't a "right" thing to do.
And lastly, there have been comments on how, a president refelects back on it's people?! Maybe so, but how ingnorant must one be to have this view?! I mean, they make it sound like he's Hitler or something & that to me is idiotic...
I mean even when Hitler was in power, HIS actions did not reflect back on it's people, but on his military.

To make this absolutely clear, this is NOT partisanship talking here....
You guys are out of you friggin skulls if you think it's a GIVEN that Bush will win this election. Gore was 8 points behind in the polls last election and he won. Kerry and Bush are in a dead heat, with Kerry trailing only slightly, this is far from a given thing.

Well i hope that Bush will lose.. and maybe one day will be put on trial for crimes against humanity (yes i can only hope). But the way i see it he did so much brainwashing to americans about how unsafe they are and how they are secured ONLY with him as a president .. and americans are all over this shit (yes there are humans that believe that THIS GUY can make their lives secure, while the twin towers hit happened while he was president) ..so most of them will vote for him.