What was the last GREAT "metal" band you discovered?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Who was it, and when? They can be new or old.

Also, when I mean 'great', I'm talking about a band that would sit happily alongside your existing 5 favourite bands evar (or something like that). :loco:

Go on, rack your brains...

Depends on what you mean by 'discovered'... I wasn't a big Maiden fan until quite recently and I've started building that part of the collection seriously just these last few days (Got two cds the day before yesterday, two LPs coming in, another if I win the auction)

IOfTheStorm said:
this thing prevents me from saying many i had in mind. My existing 5 favourite bands are the same for almost 5-6 years.
So nobody that comes even close? Come on, there has to be one big standout band that you've heard that would then 'follow' your fave 5 bands....

Yeah, I have to go with IotS, D666 wouldn't have a place in my top 5 bands, that's pretty much impossible... But it's the last band I was well and truly blown away by.

Kyuss. Before that, Hammers of Misfortune. Before that, Kayo Dot / maudlin of the Well.

None of these could possibly qualify for my favorite 5 groups, not for some years anyhow. Some of you fuckers amaze me how you hear an album like 3 times, give it a 10/10, and then say they are your second favorite band ever. Any album or band I praise that highly takes years.

Oh, this is a good one. In like the last 5 years? Well jesus my taste has gone from full out thrash fanatic, to a thrash loving doom fanatic.

I'd say Isis. Oceanic is still my favorite record.

Non metal Im pretty much in line with Lizard on Gbye and Sigur Ros, although I'd add Aerogramme, and Dredg- despite just having one or two records between them.

lizard said:
I've got to listen to "...And the Circus Leaves Town" tonight.
That's a damn good idea, think I'll put it on for about the 18th time in the past week. :Spin: