Whats Everybody Up To Thread?

dargormudshark said:
I am not a huge fan of Rusty's solo stuff for the same reason you are. I do like two Outworld songs though.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a killer instructor. He is extremely gifted, but even though I was a big Yngwie fan in the early-mid-eighties, I have grown to have the belief that the guitar is the among the most expressive instruments in the world (along with violin and the human voice) and if you can express your talent with technical virtuosity, that is great but if technical prowess and lightning fast technical skills are all that are in your aresenal, I think you become very one-dimensional.
I won't make another novel about Wolf Hoffmann here, but I will simply say one of the main reasons he is my top guitarist of all time (and you haven't heard his best stuff as he didn't "blossom" until after Balls to the Wall) is because of his ability to do it all. While I believe many top guitarist find a "niche" with their unique style and technical abilities and become famous as guitarists, most successful professional guitarist still have their own niche and style, but are also journeymen that can do it all.
Some of your better guitarists do that. Fusion is very popular for many of today's axeslingers. Many fuse rock and jazz, some classical and rock, others even Southern rock (which is itself a fusion of blues country and rock) and rock. Learn everything you can including the technical stuff, but always remember there are players out there that can do more with five notes than most guitarists can do with fifty.

Bryant

Yesterday I began a comic about monster's college life...
twirl.gif
hopefully this time I'll manage to keep it up without descending into the world of lameness... Its silly of course. I'm trying to talk a friend of me who's a better writer then I am to write a dark story for me to do the comic 'drawing' part of but no luck so far :shrugs:
sh1a.gif

I've been to WOA, am now suffering from a cold (again :rolleyes: ) and need to be fit again for the next festival (Summer Breeze) this upcoming week.
And I decided to travel to Sweden again in October. That Evergrey are going to record a DVD at that time just came in handy :) Not sure about the rest of my entertainment yet, would be too cool if there was another gig I could go to. Some gig in Bollnäs maybe? ;) I'd stop by in Sandviken then, ZeiMot ;) Either way I'm hoping for decent weather because I'd love to go hiking again.

Gaunerin said:
And I decided to travel to Sweden again in October. That Evergrey are going to record a DVD at that time just came in handy :) Not sure about the rest of my entertainment yet, would be too cool if there was another gig I could go to. Some gig in Bollnäs maybe? ;) I'd stop by in Sandviken then, ZeiMot ;) Either way I'm hoping for decent weather because I'd love to go hiking again.
You are so welcome Gaunerin!:headbang:

Yesterday I brought my family to Bollnäs, Sweden, for the purpose of listening to Tad Morose. It's the first time I've seen them doing a live performance. The way that they cooperate on stage is impressive. They do seem to have a lot of fun on stage, I really like that! My girlfriend and our daughters liked the show as well, even though they weren't as close to the stage as myself.

Urban, Krunt, Peter, Daniel and Anders, You all made the trip to Bollnäs worth the effort! We had a great time there! The only sad thing is that you didn't get to play twice the time you played!

ZeiMoT said:
Yesterday I brought my family to Bollnäs, Sweden, for the purpose of listening to Tad Morose. It's the first time I've seen them doing a live performance. The way that they cooperate on stage is impressive. They do seem to have a lot of fun on stage, I really like that! My girlfriend and our daughters liked the show as well, even though they weren't as close to the stage as myself.
That's cool, you went with your whole familiy? :) Awesome. How old again are your daughters?

So, what kind of other attractions did this festival in Big Bollnäs have? What I found on the net wasn't exactly enlightning :/

big_bollnas2.JPG

:D

Gaunerin said:
That's cool, you went with your whole familiy? Awesome. How old again are your daughters?

So, what kind of other attractions did this festival in Big Bollnäs have? What I found on the net wasn't exactly enlightning :/

Bollnäs isn't really a big place. The 'festival' wasn't too big either.
Size isn't everything though... I don't know about other attractions...
We arrived two hours before TM's playing time. We spent the time playing minigolf.
After TM's gig we drove back home.

My daughters are 8½ and 6 yrs old.

dargormudshark said:
What did TM play?

Time of no sun, A mended Rhyme, No Wings To Burn, give us some info here! :Spin:
Well, since I haven't heard any other records than 'Modus Vivendi' it's really hard for me to tell about what other material they brought. Secondly, my memory isn't too great either. Anyway, If I recall correctly they played Anubis, Matters of the Dark, Cyberdome, Mother Shimptons words, Take on the world, No mercy. They played stuff that I haven't heard as well...

ZeiMoT said:
Well, since I haven't heard any other records than 'Modus Vivendi' it's really hard for me to tell about what other material they brought. Secondly, my memory isn't too great either. Anyway, If I recall correctly they played Anubis, Matters of the Dark, Cyberdome, Mother Shimptons words, Take on the world, No mercy. They played stuff that I haven't heard as well...
Sweet! Those songs alone would be enough and any others are icing on the cake. I just hope No Mercy stays in through ProgPower. :headbang:

:Smokin:

ZeiMoT said:

Urban, Krunt, Peter, Daniel and Anders, You all made the trip to Bollnäs worth the effort! We had a great time there! The only sad thing is that you didn't get to play twice the time you played!

That is so awesome! :headbang: Glad to hear that the whole fam had fun...I can't wait until it's my turn to see TM :hotjump:

:wave: Hello everybody! Man I've been busy these last few weeks, it feels like time is not my own anymore...am sure we all feel this way at some poit or another! :erk: