Whats Everybody Up To Thread?

dargormudshark said:
I've been getting alot better lately and I have figured out some TM stuff lately.

Cool. I am thinking of taking my rig to PPV. We can jam if you want to. I could learn some stuff from Undead or MotD, but MV is tough to do wth one guitar because they use harmony riffs in so many songs.

bryant

Bryant said:
Cool. I am thinking of taking my rig to PPV. We can jam if you want to. I could learn some stuff from Undead or MotD, but MV is tough to do wth one guitar because they use harmony riffs in so many songs.

bryant

Yeah, I was thinking about bringing my axe just so I could say this in a conversation.

Stephan Forte:So you wanna hang out with us or something
Me:No I have to go practice, I' ve only practiced 6 hours today
Stephan Forte:Wanna Jam, I could give u a lesson
Me:
:OMG: :headbang: :worship: :oops:

dargormudshark said:
I used to know some Anubis, but I forgot I'll probably figure it out again.

Do you own an acoustic ? Before you reply to me, if you don't get one !! My playing got stale after a few years and I wasn't progressing as fast as I wanted to. For other reasons, I decided to buy an acoustic guitar and I probably played it six months without even touching the electric because I was so frustrated. I didn't change my musical tastes or anything, I just wanted to be able to play an acoustic and when I did finally plug the electric back in, the control I had in both hands after having to pick and fret that monster acoustic was incredible.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Do you own an acoustic ? Before you reply to me, if you don't get one !! My playing got stale after a few years and I wasn't progressing as fast as I wanted to. For other reasons, I decided to buy an acoustic guitar and I probably played it six months without even touching the electric because I was so frustrated. I didn't change my musical tastes or anything, I just wanted to be able to play an acoustic and when I did finally plug the electric back in, the control I had in both hands after having to pick and fret that monster acoustic was incredible.

Bryant

I know what you mean. I have a Takamine, but I want to get a Taylor. Those things are incredible. By the way I figured out Anubis a few hrs. ago :headbang:

dargormudshark said:
I know what you mean. I have a Takamine, but I want to get a Taylor. Those things are incredible. By the way I figured out Anubis a few hrs. ago :headbang:

Cool. I have a Tak as well. I want a Martin, but the money is just too much. I also am looking for some classic Epiphone acoustics pre-1986, which was when Epi and Gibson truly merged and Epi started becaming a "cheap Gibson" as compared to it's own line. Some of those old Epi's are sweet, but the good ones are hard to find.

Cool. I haven't learned any TM. I suppose the one I would like to learn would be "Take on the World."

bryant

Lol, the same here
smilies2.gif
recently wrote some lyrics... and now its time to write the guitarwork, lol

Bryant said:
Cool ! I like to work on my own stuff more than learn other's music. I haven't learned a "whole" song by another band in literally years. I suppose I just got bored with it.

bryant

Bryant said:
Cool ! I like to work on my own stuff more than learn other's music. I haven't learned a "whole" song by another band in literally years. I suppose I just got bored with it.

bryant

Yeah, that's exactly how I am, but I like to learn solos and riffs and stuff like that. Plus, if I do learn a solo or riff, I do it by ear because it is good practice.
I've learned a few solos one being Anytime from Vanden Plas but I forgot it though. I'll just have to start all over

dargormudshark said:
Yeah, that's exactly how I am, but I like to learn solos and riffs and stuff like that. Plus, if I do learn a solo or riff, I do it by ear because it is good practice.
I've learned a few solos one being Anytime from Vanden Plas but I forgot it though. I'll just have to start all over

Well at your age (no disrespect buddy as you sound like you are quite accomplished as a guitarist) I think learning other work is great. I have been playing 20 years but even today I can't play stuff like Yngwie's solos. He is just too fast, but that doesn't bother me because I have developed my own style and though I sometimes have a hard time putting what is in my head directly into guitar, it isn't a technique problem, but a "finding the right notes" problem.
I think learning other people's work will help any guitarist develop and improve his own style. In fact, I want to learn some of Jorn Viggo's (Pagans Mind) solos because his style is similar to mine (only he is much better) because his style and phrasing is similar to Wolf Hoffmann (former Accept) with just a more modern twist. I simply have been too lazy and lack the time.

Bryant

Trying to entertain my neice and nephew visiting from Idaho. We'll go out to Sunset Strip next Saturday nite to look at the so. cal wildlife and go to Magic Mountain other than that Not much happening in L.A. in August, but damn it all to hell if there aren't two shows I'll be missing while I'm in FLA. Edguy 9/19 and of all the silly things........on the same night Yes and Dream Theatre.

Bryant said:
Well at your age (no disrespect buddy as you sound like you are quite accomplished as a guitarist) I think learning other work is great. I have been playing 20 years but even today I can't play stuff like Yngwie's solos. He is just too fast, but that doesn't bother me because I have developed my own style and though I sometimes have a hard time putting what is in my head directly into guitar, it isn't a technique problem, but a "finding the right notes" problem.
I think learning other people's work will help any guitarist develop and improve his own style. In fact, I want to learn some of Jorn Viggo's (Pagans Mind) solos because his style is similar to mine (only he is much better) because his style and phrasing is similar to Wolf Hoffmann (former Accept) with just a more modern twist. I simply have been too lazy and lack the time.

Bryant

Rusty Cooley just saw heard my playing and he was pretty impressed, and I am really happy right now. Maybe we should stop talking about guitar because I might start to come off the wrong way. If you want to hear my playing I'll PM you my bands site, but don't give it to anyone though. It is just an expiremental site, just to learn how to do all the stuff on it. Somehow all these people know it now.

Awww, I'm sure you are much better then you give yourself credit for! :Hug: :)

Well today I updated my site... and got rid of some pictures, that really I shouldn't have included but they really looked cool at the time... ;) I thought... guys?
laugh.gif
There are still plenty of pictures though and all is cool with the world! :)

http://www.geocities.com/daydreamer11@sbcglobal.net

Hi everybody :wave: haven't posted in here in a while...the truth is I've had so much work lately and well I sleeze around many other forums as well :tickled: so sometimes one has "brain farts" and forgets to go somewhere for a while...
At any rate, yay it's Friday! And I don't know about the rest of you but geezzz time is just flying! So many events are coming up for August/Sept/and Oct it's great! I am looking forward to concerts...seems like there is a ton of them around those dates...anybody got any upcoming concerts?

Pabla said:
Hi everybody :wave: haven't posted in here in a while...the truth is I've had so much work lately and well I sleeze around many other forums as well :tickled: so sometimes one has "brain farts" and forgets to go somewhere for a while...
At any rate, yay it's Friday! And I don't know about the rest of you but geezzz time is just flying! So many events are coming up for August/Sept/and Oct it's great! I am looking forward to concerts...seems like there is a ton of them around those dates...anybody got any upcoming concerts?

I am saving my money so I am skipping alot of shows, but I am going to Deep Purple! But then their is the best show ever and we all know what that is........................................................................................................PROGPOWER

I went to the music store and to my surprise and delight they had Vanden Plas' a Far Off Grace! So rather then mail order it I bought it there, Therion has to wait for mail order though... they didn't have Secret of the Runes which is the one I've been planning on getting first. I've heard more sound clips I liked from it. :) And you know... VANDEN PLAS RULES! :) Not as much as TM, but man... Bryant wasn't kidding when he said they were good! :)

I also got my Savatage Streets review up at my page :)

Daydreamer's Realm