Whats Everybody Up To Thread?

Pabla said:
:lol: well as you know I am just becoming familiar with the band and so when you said "follow me into my world" I thought you were talking about a certain album or song! Speaking of which...please recommend the next album I should get as you are such a VP "authority" ;)
If it were me, I would simply go in reverse chronological order. Their latest release before "Beyond Daylight" is "Far Off Grace" and it owns the distinction of being the "heaviest" over-all, but also has the most melodic ballad. Next I would get "The God Thing" which is their "breakout" album. When I bought it six years ago or so, I had to pay close to $40 as an import after shipping. Both "Far Off Grace" and "The God Thing" have been re-released as special editions though I haven't persobnally heard the new ones. They come with extra bonus tracks and a booklet and one has a video on it. Ken Golden has them both for sale at The Laser's Edge for $14 each. www.lasercd.com
Don't know if you are familiar wth Laser's Edge or not either. They will be a vendor at PP. They specialize in prog metal and also feature the better prog rock and power metal bands as well.

Bryant

kittybeast said:
I am packing for our vacation to a Las Vegas, a friend is getting married. Maybe in Las Vegas I'll be able to find Tad Morose in stores!!!!! Was waiting for Bryant to make a recommendation, but I believe anything by them would be fantastic!! \m/ Pabla, I will pick you up some goodies my metal partner in crime!!! I will miss you! Be sure to keep an eye out for A. Cooper tix, not sure when they go on-sale. :hotjump: just think in 60 days you'll be posting the same message for PPV!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/
Arghh !!! I am sorry sweetie. I didn't know you were waiting on me. :erk: I recommend going in reverse chronological order (gee this seems familiar for some reason) and getting "Matters of the dark" followed by "Undead" just as Winter recommends.

Bryant

:high fives Bryant:
prplbiggrin.gif

Bryant said:
Arghh !!! I am sorry sweetie. I didn't know you were waiting on me. :erk: I recommend going in reverse chronological order (gee this seems familiar for some reason) and getting "Matters of the dark" followed by "Undead" just as Winter recommends.

Bryant

Bryant said:
If it were me, I would simply go in reverse chronological order. Their latest release before "Beyond Daylight" is "Far Off Grace" and it owns the distinction of being the "heaviest" over-all, but also has the most melodic ballad. Next I would get "The God Thing" which is their "breakout" album. When I bought it six years ago or so, I had to pay close to $40 as an import after shipping. Both "Far Off Grace" and "The God Thing" have been re-released as special editions though I haven't persobnally heard the new ones. They come with extra bonus tracks and a booklet and one has a video on it. Ken Golden has them both for sale at The Laser's Edge for $14 each. www.lasercd.com
Don't know if you are familiar wth Laser's Edge or not either. They will be a vendor at PP. They specialize in prog metal and also feature the better prog rock and power metal bands as well.

Bryant
Thanks! Sounds like a plan...perhaps I should even wait and grab those at PP since the vendor will be there, that way I save on shipping :) 2 more months to gooooooooooo :headbang:

My, this week is going fast...could be because I have been so busy @ work o_O

WIntersReflection said:
I'd suggest you get Matters and then Undead as you already have Modus...

By the way... ALICE COOPER RULES!
biggthumpup.gif

My fav is Brutal Planet.
updown.gif
Thanks Winter's Reflection!! If I cannot find the cd's in stores, I will defo go online, just like to keep my purchases local if I can. AC show is gonna be off the f'kin wall!!! It's the weekend before Halloween and my _ _ th birthday!!! Gonna be wild and freaky for sure!!! o_O

Bryant said:

Bryant
No Worries mate!!! I figured you or someone else would mention something sooner or later...If not, there's always picking Pabla up and cruising around with her listening to her latest TM crimes!!!!! I'm sure there will be more recommends from you other than TM and VP! :)

Best wishes for it!
party.gif

kittybeast said:
Thanks Winter's Reflection!! If I cannot find the cd's in stores, I will defo go online, just like to keep my purchases local if I can. AC show is gonna be off the f'kin wall!!! It's the weekend before Halloween and my _ _ th birthday!!! Gonna be wild and freaky for sure!!! o_O

Today is Friday so today I hopefully will be having fun,
smilies20.gif
I'd like to get some writing (song or otherwise done) maybe even organize some of the notes I've written for my gaming world... AGHH somebody help me get myself in gear!
ezpi_wink1.gif
blabla.gif

kittybeast said:
No Worries mate!!! I figured you or someone else would mention something sooner or later...If not, there's always picking Pabla up and cruising around with her listening to her latest TM crimes!!!!! I'm sure there will be more recommends from you other than TM and VP! :)

Mate ? Are you an Aussie ? The Brits use it occasionally, but that's Aussie language all of the way. :wave: I see you posting at Oldschool sweetie. We get caught up with ourselves amongst the regulars and forget some new people coming in, but I see you here and am glad you are with us here at the TM board and at Oldschool. Keep posting sweetheart. :headbang:

Bryant

I finally bought my new toy. It is a Digitech GNX4 guitar workstation. It is basically a "band in a box" that allows guitar, bass and vocal effects along with hard disc recording on the PC and a midi-programmable drum machine. This thing is going to take w hile to figure out though. The user manual looks like a small phone book and I expect there to be quite a learning curve.o_O

Bryant

Bryant said:
I finally bought my new toy. It is a Digitech GNX4 guitar workstation. It is basically a "band in a box" that allows guitar, bass and vocal effects along with hard disc recording on the PC and a midi-programmable drum machine. This thing is going to take w hile to figure out though. The user manual looks like a small phone book and I expect there to be quite a learning curve.o_O
Bryant
:kickass: I looked att Digitech's homepage... Great toy! ... erhm... did I just say toy... oh... I ment to say equipment...

Plz, give us a review in a month or so (when you are familiar with all the connectors, and buttons, and .... whatever). It would be great to read your "My first month with the Digitech GNX4"-story.:headbang:

I'm lucky to have the Tech21 SansAmp Classic connected to my more or less analog equipment. That way I can get a glimpse of the fullstack feeling in my headphones.. (and without making the rest of the family mad at me)..

ZeiMoT said:
:kickass: I looked att Digitech's homepage... Great toy! ... erhm... did I just say toy... oh... I ment to say equipment...

Plz, give us a review in a month or so (when you are familiar with all the connectors, and buttons, and .... whatever). It would be great to read your "My first month with the Digitech GNX4"-story.:headbang:

I'm lucky to have the Tech21 SansAmp Classic connected to my more or less analog equipment. That way I can get a glimpse of the fullstack feeling in my headphones.. (and without making the rest of the family mad at me)..

Zeimot, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent guy, but I work all the time. By the time I figure all of that stuff out, the next one will be out.

Bryant

I've been to a festival yesterday. We had sunny weather (which we haven't had for weeks..).........until a terrible thunderstorm almost ruined the fest for me. Everybody and everything was soaking wet, bands couldn't play anymore and we finally had to clear the tent the stage was in because they had to check out if they got all the tech stuff back into working mode so at least the headliner could play. Luckily they got it working again. Otherwise I would have been extremely pissed as the headliner was Vintersorg and V was the only reason for me being there. V's not touring, so the festival appearances are the only chance to see the guys live. But I'm lucky, this was already the second time I saw them this year, a third coming up next month :headbang: Too bad the guys had so little time yesterday though. On the other hand, I have had so much to drink, I wasn't in the best condition anyway :saint: And I lost my V longsleeve :( Sounds like a lousy day, heh? But I've had quite a shitty week and seeing V just made me happy :)

Bryant said:
Zeimot, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent guy, but I work all the time. By the time I figure all of that stuff out, the next one will be out.

Bryant
I know the feeling. With not enough amount of time and too much pressure (ie stress) it's even harder to really get things done...

All work and no play... phew

What am I up to? I'm procrastinating horribly! I've got a 6+ hour drive to make today to Jackson, MS, to make a meeting Monday morning, and I just can't bring myself to load up the Jeep and head out. So, instead I post boring messages!

By the way, I hope you all don't mind if I indulge in a little shameless self-promotion here... If you haven't done so, check out Rakosh Radio! I've been working hard on acquiring new music, and for those of you attending ProgPower in September, I now have a little something by every band in rotation. There's a good dose of Tad Morose (hey, that rhymes :loco: ), but I know you all don't need that, so let your friends know. I'm working on some new things for the station (new website, maybe some contests, album premieres, and the like) for the future, so let me know what ya think of the format and what you might like to see/hear. To see what's in rotation so far check out this link: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148663

And to listen, click the link in my signature below.

:Smokin:
...and all the music I play is only from PURCHASED cd's--never from file-sharing thieves!

We have new blood! :D hello Zeimot! :wave:

Well it is a Monday, what can I say but "woe" my weekend went too fast as always :cry: had to take my mother out yesterday as it was her birthday...actually had a VERY good meal at this French type restaurant...oh and I finally broke down and ordered a cd library online so hopefully it gets deliverd soon :headbang:

Hope all had a good weekend! :)

Pabla said:
We have new blood! :D hello Zeimot! :wave:
Cheers Pabla :kickass:
Looking at the Join Date we both got here in April 2004, we must've written/read in different threads I guess... You made me feel welcome again ... great!