Whats everyone listening to?

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Im very bored, so......whats everyone listening to at the moment??
Im listening to......
Theatre of War-Jacobs Dream: If you like queensryche, go buy this album, tis cool!

Ed Hunter-Iron maiden: Just a best of from maiden (havent bothered playing the game yet, and ive had it for about a year!), but it has most of my faves on it, so I listen to that rather than best of the beast, especially seeing as I somehow scratched my BOTB cd and now bruce and the band keep getting stuck on certain notes :)

Slayer-God Hates Us All: Just the 5 tracks Ive downloaded and burned onto a cd, if the rest of the cd is half as good, ill be very happy.

Iced Earth-Horror Show: Well, what did you expect? :) Album of the year. No contest :)

Falconer-Falconer: Sound a lot like Iced Earth, not as good of course, but if you like Iced Earth, you will probably like this!

Superheist-The Prize Recruit: Yes, they rap, and use 7 strings, but they are still great.....honest!

Fear Factory-Digimortal: Their best album by FAR. One of my favouritealbums so far this year.

Megadeth-Capitol Punishment: After the deth concert, all the songs almost sound different when I listen to them now, which is a bit strange.

Slipknot-Slipknot: Still. Ive been listening to this on and off since I got it, its quite a good release when im depressed or in a bad mood!

Eidolon-Hallowed Apparition: Kinda like early megadeth but not as fast........so maybe they are later megadeth.......well anyway, they are pretty good.

Opeth-Blackwater Park: I have now officially given up. I cant get into this album. LORD how ive tried........I just dont get it, maybe Ill give it another go when I regain my strength, kemmy dont hate me haha!

WASP-Best of: Incredibly dumb lyrics, crap singing, silly guitar riffs and I love it, its almost perverted isnt it? Anyway, anyone who can make a great song out of the phrase "fuck like a beast" is alright by me :)

Judas Priest-Demolition: Im not really that into this cd, ill keep listening though as most people seem to like it so maybe im missing something.

Gees this ended up longer than I intended it.
I buy way too many cds........

Yngwie Malmsteen - Marching out
Iron Saviour - Dark Assault
Judas Preist - Screaming for Vengance
Alchemist - Lunasphere
Black Sabbath - s/t
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Led Zepplin - The early years (best of)

*Phew*

thats basicly all the cd's i bought while in sydney

Oh well Spawny. It's your loss :(

Right now I'm listening to Anathema (Judgement) - great album...I only just got it the other day. And I'll probably listen to another newie I just got yesterday, Lateralus.

I'm getting very bored with everything I've got at the moment :(

Demolition by Judas Priest is the most interesting, and probably only because it's new.

In my car I've got..

Unholy Terror
The World Needs A Hero
Demolition
Horror Show
Dead Heart In A Dead World
Heaven and Hell
Awake
Falling Into Infinity
Demons and Wizards
Heaven and Hell

Tangents : Best of Tea Party
The Beast Live: Paul Dianno
Live After Death : Maiden
Third Eye Blind : Self Tiltle
Blue Oyster Cult : Work shop of the Telescopes

Originally posted by spawn
Megadeth-Capitol Punishment: After the deth concert, all the songs almost sound different when I listen to them now, which is a bit strange.

WASP-Best of: Incredibly dumb lyrics, crap singing, silly guitar riffs and I love it, its almost perverted isnt it? Anyway, anyone who can make a great song out of the phrase "fuck like a beast" is alright by me :)

I agree about the Megadeth thing! I didn't think much of The World Needs A Hero before the concert, now I love it! The songs just sound different to me.

And WASP... they RULE!!!! Blackie has a GREAT voice!!! I love it! It's so nasty! And their lyrics aren't dumb!! (sure the first couple of albums are nothing but sleaze, which always rocks anyway, but everything since The Headless Children has been very intelligent I think...), and their guitar riffs and solos rock!!!! Haha! I'm a big lover of WASP!
*Sings* The gods you worship are steeeeel, at the altar of rock and roll you kneel!

Anyway, what have I been listening to:
Today I bought Slash's Snakepit - Ain't Life Grand for $4 haha, its not bad... I don't like the vocals though... but most of the songs would rock with Axl singing :(

Anyway, that is the first non-Megadeth CD I have put on since last Sunday... I've been listening especially HEAPS to Youthanasia (MASTERPIECE!), Peace Sells, So Far So Good, and the last 3 days become addicted to The World Needs A Hero. But I've had all their stuff on, and I'm even seeing Cryptic Writings in a different light now.

Smashed: Ive got that album, I only listened to it once and it didnt grab my attention, I must go dig it out from the pile of cds in my room and give it another try!

Kemmy: I shall try again soon, fear not :D Heaps of people seem to love this album, so im obviously missing the point as usual! Lateralus as well?? You are into all that metal that makes you think arent you??? How avant guarde of you! :eek: :)

Troops: I agree, though I STILL cant get into TWNAH, the songs were great at the concert, but suck on the record, that doesnt stop me enjoying most of the others more though!
Yes, wasp rule, theres only a couple of songs from anything after the headless children on the best of cd I have, I wanted to buy the crimson idol, but utopia had every cd BUT that.......
The lyrics ARE pretty stupid, but thats kinda why I like em :) I cant help singing along, talk about arena rock :lol:

Originally posted by The Trooper
Anyway, what have I been listening to:
Today I bought Slash's Snakepit - Ain't Life Grand for $4 haha, its not bad... I don't like the vocals though... but most of the songs would rock with Axl singing :(

I LOVE Rod Jackson's voice! :eek:
I suppose you still havn't picked p Crack A Smile? :rolleyes: GET IT!! ;)

PS -
I'm the president of showbiz and my name is Charlie.
I'm a cock-sucking asshole, that's what the call me.
High from my Hollywood tower I rule,
I'm a lying mother-fucker, the chainsaw's my tool.
Nevermind the faggots or the ruthless scum,
before we're done son, we'll make you one.

No I still don't have Crack A Smile... I must work on that situation..

*Jots it down with Hair Of The Dog - Rise*

Great song you were singing there Sydo!!!
Chainsaw Charlie! That song rules!!

At this moment I am listening to "Fozzy" (wrestler Chris Jericho's band) and they are actually really good! They also do a cover of "The Prisoner" which ain't too bad, but I like they cover of Dio's "Stand Up And Shout" quite alot. They also do an interesting Christina Aguilera cover too. hehe.

What I've been into lately.....umm.....a bit of Faith No More, probably because of the Mike Patton J File on Triple J the other nite, which was quite good, and I still haven't gotten over Nevermore's "Dead Heart In A Dead World" since I bought it about 5 weeks ago. What an awesome album!!

:D

Having a listen right now to Megadeths "Capital Punishment" as I have been reading youse guys posts about them , so I thought I wolud give them a try. Damm good stuff I might add i don't know i never got into them before, suspose it was just that Metallica V Megadeth shit. The stand out tunes to me are
A Tout Le Monde, Kill the kING (a new one only know that cause i read it on liner notes) Use the Man, Peace Sells, Sweating Bullets,Symphony of destruction.

What are the better orginal releases to get , WISH I went and saw them now.

Id get rust in pieces and countdown to extinction, those are my to favourite deth albums anyway :)

MY favourite Megadeth albums are,

Rust In Peace
So Far, So Good.. So What. :mad:
Cryptic Writings

I've been listening to The World Needs A Hero a lot since the concert. It's really been growing on me. :)

My fav Megadeth albums are Rust In Peace (fucking orgasmic), Youthanasia and Countdown to Extinction, with Peace Sells receiving an honourable mention.

Originally posted by Moon Child

The ringing in my ears from a gig I have just arrived home from. The Dungeon CD I had playing on the way home didn't help either. :)

:lol:

Blind Guardian "Nightfall in Middle Earth" - this one definitly grows. Ive had it for a while.

Iced Earth "Horror Show' - Im thinking this is the best Iced Earth cd so far. Phantom of the Ghost is excellent.

Iron Maiden "Live in Stockholm 2000" - I decided to revisit some of the bootlegs I hadn't listened too. This is a radio concert. Very cool :)