Whats everyone listening to at the moment?

Spiff said:
Would normal people who actually listen to the music like it? :)

Pfft! Poser :)

No crowd noise = May as well have recorded it live in a studio then :D

Clarky said:
did u go see carcass in 1993??

Unfortunately I only got into them just after they toured. :yell: :( I hate it when that happens! I can't remember if they played an all-ages show anyway - I was 14 at the time.

Goreripper said:
Actually I couldn't agree with you more on this one. It doesn't really sound like it was recorded at a venue at all. Great collection of songs on it though.

So its just like Live After Death then? :)

Live After Death has heaps of crowd noise, great atmosphere! :confused: Especially in Revelations!

The difference between LAD and the Real Live/Dead Ones is that the music is actually mixed properly and performed well, and Bruce is actually singing in tune and not running out of breath :)

Southy said:
Whats some of the songs on the Jets album gore?

and Motorhead :headbang:

Disc 1:
Dream On
Alright
Tunnel
Blue Sashes
Realise
No Point
Starting Out
Higher With You
Shine Over Me
Helping Hand
Watching the Grass Grow
October Grey
Sad Song
Think
Here I Go

Disc 2:
Needle
Individuality
No Way Out
I Need Your Love
Too Drunk to Fuck
C'mon
Shine On
Shivers
Living in England
Better
Friend of Mine
FRC

Out of curiosity Spawny, how come you prefer A Real Live One over Live After Death because LAD doesn't sound live enough or whatever, yet you love Alive III which WAS recorded in a studio? :)

I think Live Insurrection by Halford is one of the best live albums ever too and that had HEAPS of studio work done.
The versions of the songs on Alive 3 are better than the studio versions in most cases, and the older stuff like Deuce is played faster and heavier which I MUCH prefer to the sterile studio version. Yes they overdubbed the crowd probably, but its a great sounding record.

The performances on A Real Live Dead one arent brilliant, but it has atmosphere.

A difference between LAD and A Real Live One - Bruce actually puts some effort into his performance on LAD. ARLDO isn't even fit to be a coaster, let alone a live album from Maiden, and Bruce is mostly to blame. Well, the rest of it isn't very good either.

Just because you all like LAD doesnt mean I have to. Also, perhaps instead of being so utterly insecure about your own opinions you should just accept that some people have different ones to you :D Im not sitting here screaming at you lot for not liking ARLDO, I couldnt care less, it doesnt lessen my enjoyment of them at all.

I wasnt being contrary at all, I like Alive 3 because the versions of the songs on there are MUCH better than the ones on the studio albums, Deuce is way heavier, Forever is much better live (even with Paul singing backup to himself :) ), I Love It Loud is way better etc.
The versions on LAD arent much different to the studio ones, and theres not much atmosphere IMHO.