What's the deal with long band names

While some of these names are abhorrently strange, many aren't exactly bad. They just happened to have been appropriated by bands that cultivate that particular image, logo style, overdone/overhyped sound, etc.

No its not. Its fucking teenage faggotry as is any of these stupid kinds of band names. It's the whole faux-tough/evil/-core thing. Fuck em all.

How the hell is the name Heaven Shall Burn "fucking teenage faggotry"? What is teenage about that name? Was Marduk's album title "Heaven Shall Burn...When We Are Gathered" also teenage by the same definition, or was it closer to a 20-something?

How the hell is the name Heaven Shall Burn "fucking teenage faggotry"? What is teenage about that name? Was Marduk's album title "Heaven Shall Burn...When We Are Gathered" also teenage by the same definition, or was it closer to a 20-something?

Thats different, its an album title and the same rules dont apply.

another long band name I recently discovered by accident

...And You shall know us by the trail of dead (real band)

My local used CD store has had one of their albums for quite a while. It's intriguing. It's not metal, btw.

funny how my post got deleted, whereas the man with the ignorant opinion got to keep his. someone's playing favorites!

...and you wonder why you got banned.

@ youdontknowme/ohiogrinder

that has nothing to do with it. obviously some of the mods have a problem with me that they're not man enough to admit.

No favs, just that most people can argue/give an opinion without the need to throw some personal insult out at another member. It only takes a little common sense to figure that out, and if you can't muster up a little of that, then you get banned for a while. Nothing to do with "manning up" but all to do with bitch slapping members who can't easily follow that simple rule. DD I'm pretty sure will find out before long (there's your last chance DD, and no reply needed).

Anywho....

More ridiculous/long band names...

The Boy Will Drown
A Breath Before Surfacing
Alice Through the Windshield Glass (this would be mildly cool if it were one word shorter)
Cross the Lips of Grace
Fuck Your Shadow From Behind
Terminally Your Aborted Ghost
We are the Romans
From the Carnival of Horrors
IWATCHEDHERDIE
We Speak Texan
The Hunt for Ida Wave
Poolside at the Flamingo
I Shot the Sheriff
From a Second Story Window
I DECLARE WAR