What's the last CD you listened to?

angra.jpg

circus_brimstone said:
Is that album good, though?

I bought it.

Otherwise it has all the traditional characteristics of post-rock goodness while avoiding the heard-before syndrome with as much success as you might hope. Regardless, I'd say it floats somewhere between Mogwai (smoothness of chord progression), Gravenhurst (folk-ish overtones) and Múm (female vocals). But in the end the musical landscapes they summon have an infinitely more ethereal quality than any of those other bands might wish to claim.

Some AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL pop/punk/emo demo that someone gave me at work. Seriously what the fuck do these people think I listen to?! I mean they walk by my office and hear Sunn O))) and think "Ohhhhh, he'd like HIM!!!" :wtf:

NADatar said:
Some AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL pop/punk/emo demo that someone gave me at work. Seriously what the fuck do these people think I listen to?! I mean they walk by my office and hear Sunn O))) and think "Ohhhhh, he'd like HIM!!!" :wtf:

HAHAHAHAHHAA, yeah. I know that one.

I had some waitress chick in the bar stop and talk to me a while ago and go "You like metal, I do too. My favourite is Nickelback..."

Conversation ended right there, I blinked at her thrice then started a conversation with my friends about "musically ignorant fools"

Conspicuously Absent said:
HAHAHAHAHHAA, yeah. I know that one.

I had some waitress chick in the bar stop and talk to me a while ago and go "You like metal, I do too. My favourite is Nickelback..."

Conversation ended right there, I blinked at her thrice then started a conversation with my friends about "musically ignorant fools"
I mean it's one thing if they say "ooohhh you like metal? What about Slipknot?" which I could understand because you can't expect someone to guess your taste, but when you completely miss any sort of relation between the group in question v. the group you suggest, that's just gay. I mean it's like someone saying "oohh you like Hemmingway? You should read the Da Vinci Code!" Or maybe I'm just being a snob. Anywho:

B000002HJA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh... :headbang:

NADatar said:
I mean it's one thing if they say "ooohhh you like metal? What about Slipknot?" which I could understand because you can't expect someone to guess your taste, but when you completely miss any sort of relation between the group in question v. the group you suggest, that's just gay. I mean it's like someone saying "oohh you like Hemmingway? You should read the Da Vinci Code!" Or maybe I'm just being a snob. Anywho:

It's true though sir. I had a different waitress go yeah, I like metallica, slipknot and slayer. And we had a conversation, and I wrote down a list of bands to check out on a napkin for her. She seemed stoked, I think she gave me her phone number but I lost it or something. I dunno. I was really drunk. me and my cousin were yelling at each other with scottish accents for about 2 hours. Stumbled home and stopped to piss in the skatepark, sat and bullshitted a bit. Pissed again and stopped at the corner store nearby for chips and slurpees then went home and passed out.

Sigh - Gallows gallery

This has really grown on me, and fits nicely into the rest of their discography. I await their next.. the little medley they released sounded good with ALOT of orcestration.

Beyond Dawn - Pity love