What's the nicest thing someone has ever said to/about you?

Siren said:
@AtTheGates2099: i think you're full of crap. obviously your studies haven't helped you to open your mind much. and stop with the "chics" thing, i'm pretty sure you don't mean stylish and elegant, so learn to spell first.
I type fast with littel time on my hands and no time for corrections. I'm at work.....

Hmmmmmmm...

shut-up.jpg

And to get back to topic, someone once said that they felt instantly comfortable around me, which was nice.

@dj: poor cat. he seems to be in a thoroughly uncomfortable position, but the lenghts we go to shut some people up... :lol:

@santtu: of course i thought you were captioning the cat picture, then the "dirty things" quip made my head hurt and i realized you were actually the only person posting on topic.

that woman that used to post here called Branwen PMed me accusing me of lying about my age, saying I wass too smart for a 17 year old. I honestly think she was just trying to start conversation though. But it's nice to know some people see you as an intellectual. Compared to most of the insanely smart people on this forum I feel pretty much retarded anyway. Maybe she got me mixed up with someone else :p

A girl told me today that I seemed like the "perfect boyfriend that a girl will ever want" that was really sweet :) Gonna see her next week wish me luck ;)

bash.org said:
DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.
:Smug:

The nicest thing anyone has ever written to me:

"Opinnäytetyö hyväksytään arvosanalla suoritettu kiitettävästi"

Ie. got the best possible grade for my graduation thesis (just received the grades today). :D

-Villain

@NV: i second the :Smug: , that thing is bullshit, all my friends are male except for 2 new ones in uni and another girl that i see more or less twice a year, and no one of them is barely interested in me and vice versa. and a relationship is a tad more complicated than a job interview.

edit: oh, on topic: i received a "i always thought you're intelligent" one, though in my opinion it should be read as a "yes, i like the way you look", this person is obviously crazy, but i'm not going to question his opinions when they're ok for me.

Hiljainen said:
@NV: i second the :Smug: , that thing is bullshit, all my friends are male except for 2 new ones in uni and another girl that i see more or less twice a year, and no one of them is barely interested in me and vice versa. and a relationship is a tad more complicated than a job interview.

I think the extended metaphor was supposed to be a bit of a joke. It is a pretty generic situation that has happened to alot of guys I know. Similar stuff has happened to me in the past. What Im saying is I can relate to that predicament... and I think it's quite a funny comparison.

King Chaos said:
I think the extended metaphor was supposed to be a bit of a joke. It is a pretty generic situation that has happened to alot of guys I know. Similar stuff has happened to me in the past. What Im saying is I can relate to that predicament... and I think it's quite a funny comparison.
guys never reject/dump girls now? oh wow, now i know i've always met transvestites apparently :rolleyes:
and yes in case i didn't notice, this was a joke too.

But the metaphor wasn't about being dumped, it was about being a friend to someone and having feelings beyond friendship for that person, and then watching the friend go from bad boyfriend to another. Anyway, people in general should try to avoid that situation, it's just that that happens to a lot of men. Maybe because they're afraid of blowing it if it would get more serious, but they still think inside that "one day..." That's the view I've gotten anyway. One of my old friends is a bit like that. He's been the best friend of a friend's girlfriend way too often. I guess that's better than girlfriendless and friendless, though. :p

*sigh*
i wrote rejected before dumped.
and i'm not saying that those situations don't happen, i'm simply tired of reading about girls (or guys, i'm not defending a gender here, just taking this example) are all mean and evil and lying omgomgomg like kids say in kindergarten. the post was referring to girls but both genders do the same things and chosing a "bad" girl/boyfriend over the eternal drooling friend is not some sick game that people play.

it was partly a joke, fine, i'm saying what i think of who actually believes it, and that group surely includes many persons here and the author of the joke.