What's your opinion about Black metal ?

How black is black metal ?

• Oh. It's very black.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Blacker than the blackest black hole, in the universe.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm color blind. Yes, even with black.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue man. I'm not from Scandinavia.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Americans brag about dropping the French influence out of their words (honor, labor etc) and then refer to all forms of hot potato chips as (French) fries. 'Murica.

Americans brag about dropping the French influence out of their words (honor, labor etc) and then refer to all forms of hot potato chips as (French) fries. 'Murica.

I think there was actually a move to call them freedom fries or something of the sort a while back

you call ALL sweets lollies, not just the ones on a stick? fuckin' aussies

i don't actually disagree with TB on this. there's a reason why HBB thought i was american for a while, i've adopted a portion of the lexicon because it sounds cooler.

I’m okay with some (very few) Americanisms, but most of them I hate. Like the way they pronounce “z” as “zee”. And how they say “mom”.

Old Wainds, that’s appalling. I’m not patriotic at all, but this is one thing we should be fighting. Unless you want to be saying “could care less” anytime soon. And do you ever want to be pronouncing “aluminium” like they do?!

That's a lollipop. Lollies honestly usually refer to the gelatin shit though. I say candy myself, I say sweets also, I don't really restrict my language based on some weird autistic adherence to nationalistic language barriers.

Also, putting z's in words rather than an s seems cooler to me. Calling chips French fries is gay though.

And do you ever want to be pronouncing “aluminium” like they do?!

Also what's up with how they pronounce caramel? Always sounded weird to me for some reason.

Maybe its just a regional thing but the only thing referred to as french fries are the thin cut ones here. Everything else is steak fries or crinkle fries or curly fries or tornado fries or whatever. (or potato wedges)

Zed is cancer. No other letter ends with a hard consonant sound. Zee shouldn't either.

Though for a long time I preferred defence to defense. I think Firefox's spellchecker eventually forced me the other way, but sometimes I still use the British spelling.

there's a reason why HBB thought i was american for a while

I don't even remember thinking of you as anything other than British. I guess once you've been marked, it's impossible to forget.

Here I used defence in 2011:

DOTA fucked everything up by making up 90% of custom maps at a given moment on the list. What was left was usually Tower Defences, that-Cat-and-Mouse-clone-whose-name-escapes me (Island Defence?), and Uther's Party. I would still rather play Starcraft custom maps, lack of custom units and editing features be damned.

But every other post, starting from Nov 2012 at the earliest, is defense.

Here in the South we just fucking corrupt every word ever. Most people call fries "taters", or some shit like that.

Having significant attachments to Texas, I used to call all sodas "cokes" like the South often does.

We refer to them as lollies here, but we don't call chocolate bars "lolly bars" like you guys refer to them as candy bars.
Lollies?
quxhiy0knc0rr0as2ywh.jpg

so you guys call bars of chocolate "lollies"? :lol:

I’m okay with some (very few) Americanisms, but most of them I hate. Like the way they pronounce “z” as “zee”. And how they say “mom”.
i hate to break it to you but the letter Z is indeed pronounce as Zee, just like how B is pronounced "bee", M is pronounce Em, N = En, S=Es, etc.
Unless you want to be saying “could care less” anytime soon. And do you ever want to be pronouncing “aluminium” like they do?!
\
It's "couldn't care less" and we pronounce aluminum the same way as we spell it. Something you guys still haven't figured out how to do.

Btw ...

aluminum (n.)
1812, coined by English chemist Sir Humphry Davy, from alumina, alumine, name given by French chemists late 18c. to aluminum oxide, from Latin alumen "alum" (see alum). Davy originally called it alumium (1808), then amended this to aluminum, which remains the U.S. word, but British editors in 1812 further amended it to aluminium, the modern preferred British form, to better harmonize with other metallic element names (sodium, potassium, etc.).

Yeah that's what we do in Georgia too. Every soda is "coke", beanies/caps are called " toboggans", other weird shit.

I'm a little north of you in WV. Toboggan is a word used here but we dont do the "coke" thing, although we call it all pop, not soda.

Things that make me cringe here

"yuns" = all of you
"warsh rag" = wash cloth
"loom-i-um" = aluminum.
"holler" = a hollow (or someone yelling)
"picksburg" = pittsburgh

We refer to them as lollies here, but we don't call chocolate bars "lolly bars" like you guys refer to them as candy bars.
so you guys call bars of chocolate "lollies"? :lol:

I went out of my way to make sure you didn't think we'd do something that hilariously shit. Guess you missed it.

We just call them chocolate bars, the way Americans call them candy bars always weirded me out for some reason.

i hate to break it to you but the letter Z is indeed pronounce as Zee, just like how B is pronounced "bee", M is pronounce Em, N = En, S=Es, etc.

Siding with the 'Murican scum with this one Phyl, saying "zed" should be illegal.

It's "couldn't care less"

That's what it should be but an alarming number of people say "I could care less" and it's retarded as fuck. Also "aks" instead of ask is just...