What's your opinion about Black metal ?

How black is black metal ?

• Oh. It's very black.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Blacker than the blackest black hole, in the universe.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm color blind. Yes, even with black.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue man. I'm not from Scandinavia.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Old Wainds, that’s appalling. I’m not patriotic at all, but this is one thing we should be fighting. Unless you want to be saying “could care less” anytime soon. And do you ever want to be pronouncing “aluminium” like they do?!

i didn't think the former was specifically an american thing, just a dumbass thing, but maybe you're right.

I'm a little north of you in WV. Toboggan is a word used here but we dont do the "coke" thing, although we call it all pop, not soda.

Things that make me cringe here

"yuns" = all of you
"warsh rag" = wash cloth
"loom-i-um" = aluminum.
"holler" = a hollow (or someone yelling)
"picksburg" = pittsburgh

In GA, "holler" = "holla"
But everything else you listed I hear it down here as well. Well..."yuns " = "y'all"

I should actually confirm I'm on the border of Tennessee an Georgia on the western side, more towards Alabama.

I went out of my way to make sure you didn't think we'd do something that hilariously shit. Guess you missed it.
my brain is almost shut off right now so that's my mistake, last few days have been pretty bad for me.

We just call them chocolate bars, the way Americans call them candy bars always weirded me out for some reason.

We mainly use "chocolate bars" when referring to bars of chocolate. I cant even remember the last time someone referred to a Snickers or Kit-Kat bar as candy bars. All chocolate falls under the umbrella of "candy" though. Which i think is much better than referring to all candies as "sweets". Like i said, it's still a live language and were the ones fixing it.

That's what it should be but an alarming number of people say "I could care less" and it's retarded as fuck. Also "aks" instead of ask is just...
yea but stupidity has no boundaries.

And holy shit, brits pronounce Z as Zed? wow that is beyond retarded. Do they think they're Greek or something? Why not just call it Zeta if that's the case?

Also "aks" instead of ask is just...

ummm "aks" is ebonics street slang, not English. No one expect Bonquisha from the hood is going to use "aks" around here. Im not trying to sound racist or anything, but only uneducated blacks from the hood use that term, literally no one else. And if you want to take slang into account, there's way funnier ones. And i'm pretty sure the same can be said for British and Australian slang, no?

Reactions: CiG
my brain is almost shut off right now so that's my mistake, last few days have been pretty bad for me.

Missed you around here TBH. Everything okay?

We mainly use "chocolate bars" when referring to bars of chocolate. I cant even remember the last time someone referred to a Snickers or Kit-Kat bar as candy bars. All chocolate falls under the umbrella of "candy" though. Which i think is much better than referring to all candies as "sweets". Like i said, it's still a live language and were the ones fixing it.

When I think of "sweets" I picture my grandmother (who refers to scones as biscuits like Americans do BTW, because she's Scottish) bringing out trays of baked cakes and things. "Sweets" sounds so old timey and little Britain to me. "Lollies" over here is mostly childrens slang because delis here sell things called "mixed lolly bags" which costs a coin and you get a variety of shit in it. As an adult I never say lollies really, I mostly just use much more specific language, like what you're talking about here where you say "Kit Kat" or "Snickers" rather than something less specific.

Haha fucking hell, this is autistic, but yeah I think adult language tends to be more specific. I don't say "soda" or "pop" I just say the name of the actual drink.

yea but stupidity has no boundaries.

And holy shit, brits pronounce Z as Zed? wow that is beyond retarded. Do they think they're Greek or something? Why not just call it Zeta if that's the case?

I assume they do! Phyl is in here cursing out the "zee" pronunciation and I'm confused because that's how I've always said it and "zed" just reminds me of that gimp rape scene in Pulp Fiction. :lol:

And i'm pretty sure the same can be said for British and Australian slang, no?

Oh absolutely, but I didn't know "aks" was slang, I thought it was a mispronunciation that slowly made it into common parlance, but if it only concerns the Basketball Americans then I guess I was wrong.

No one expects Bonquisha from the hood is going to use "aks" around here.

:rofl:

Route: is it root, rut, raowt?

I've said both "root" and "r-out" but if I thought about it before saying it I think I would say the latter.

Haha fucking hell, this is autistic, but yeah I think adult language tends to be more specific. I don't say "soda" or "pop" I just say the name of the actual drink.
yea same here tbh. Same goes for most of the chocolate bars, we just refer to them by name.

I assume they do! Phyl is in here cursing out the "zee" pronunciation and I'm confused because that's how I've always said it and "zed" just reminds me of that gimp rape scene in Pulp Fiction. :lol:
:lol: yea that one's pretty ridiculous tbh. And goes to show that they really need to start adopting our version of the language and just drop some of their yokelism

edit: moved my whining and bitching to the right thread.

Last edited:
Nah, probably not. You probably should have taken the steroid, as it will reduce the inflammation and help your lungs to heal rather than develop something like walking pneumonia. Do you have a fever? Id be careful and lay off the bong or other smoking activities until things improve, but COPD is more of a long term thing that develops over years (your body literally uses a different biochemical mechanism to process oxygen). It would be really hard to diagnose you with something like emphysema when you have an acute chest cold, so I imagine that any chest x-ray + taking lung sounds would alarm someone who was somewhat dimwitted or paranoid. I would say wait and see, and if it doesnt get better (like the typical duration of a cold) go to the doc again and take the steroids. Doctors always err on the side of caution, and he probably told you that so he wouldn't be liable if you just dropped dead (pretty unlikely since you are still able to breath).

edit: saw you moved your whining and bitching to the appropriate thread. Too bad, you can quote from here :p

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Here are a few that I see no reason for why they changed them and in some cases they sound stupid:

When you pronounce the ‘h’ in ‘house’ and ‘herd’ but not ’herbs.

When you refer to ‘fanny packs.’ Here in the U.K. fanny literally means vagina. I found that hilarious and struggled to keep a straight face whenever any of my American colleagues used the word fanny

Bi-weekly’ for every two weeks. In the U.K. we stay fortnightly. Bi-weekly would mean twice a week, like bi-annually

Math! It’s not just one calculation ― it’s mathS! As in mathematicS.

Sidewalk. It’s a pavement.

Fall! The correct term is autumn.

Counterclockwise? We Brits say anticlockwise. In the same way you wouldn’t call the antiderivative of a function in maths the counterderivative.

Gas does not go in a car. We put petrol in a car.

Can I get a coffee/milkshake/etc’ when ordering. No, you can’t go and get it; you can have it.

Yard when you mean garden. Someone said I had a nice yard when seeing a photo of my garden on Facebook. A yard is just dirt, bricks, concrete or stone flags. A yard and a garden are not the same thing.

Also, “zed” sounds way cooler than “zee”.

Last edited:
When you pronounce the ‘h’ in ‘house’ and ‘herd’ but not ’herbs.’
So you guys call them Herbs the same way you would call someone Herbert? :lol:

When you refer to ‘fanny packs.’ Here in the U.K. fanny literally means vagina. I found that hilarious and struggled to keep a straight face whenever any of my American colleagues used the word fanny

I thought fanny meant "butt" in british english? And i think "bum bag" sounds absolutely retarded. That would be like us calling them a butt bag. Again, you guys sound like european hillbillies. We also call them waist bags and bunch of other stuff out here.

Bi-weekly’ for every two weeks. In the U.K. we stay fortnightly. Bi-weekly would mean twice a week, like bi-annually

we tend to say ... "Every other week". And Bi can also mean "occurring once in every two..." for example ... "bicentennial"

Math! It’s not just one calculation ― it’s mathS! As in mathematicS.
so you take maths classes? :lol: Do you also take econS classes? lmao

Sidewalk. It’s a pavement.

lol what? Pavement is basically any hard surface of a street/road. Sidewalk is the part that people walk on. Again, it's us taking your simplistic and Euro-washed language and truly originating it.

Fall! The correct term is autumn.

we use both.

Counterclockwise? We Brits say anticlockwise. In the same way you wouldn’t call the antiderivative of a function in maths the counterderivative.

Anticlockwise? :lol: like you're against it or something?

Gas does not go in a car. We put petrol in a car.

Sure, if you're form a non english speaking country. Again goes to show that you guys still use way too many french words. It is called gasoline in English. One is a word that originated in English, the other is one that came form the frenchies.

Can I get a coffee/milkshake/etc’ when ordering. No, you can’t go and get it; you can have it.

people here use "can i have" just as much if not more so. Dont know where you're getting all this from.

Yard when you mean garden. Someone said I had a nice yard when seeing a photo of my garden on Facebook. A yard is just dirt, bricks, concrete or stone flags. A yard and a garden are not the same thing.

We use backyard and frontyard. Only time we use garden is if there are a bunch of plants or whatnot. You can have a garden in your front or backyard. Again, it's us taking your simplified version of the language and adding on to it.

Also, “zed” sounds way cooler than “zee”.

:lol: this whole zed thing solidifies my opinion on how broken your language really is.

most of your examples just goes to show that you're not all familiar with our English.

No it doesn’t, it sounds stupid. Just like “counterclockwise” does.

Re: garden/yard. Neither of those tell you whether it’s at the front/back/or even side of the house so I don’t know what you are talking about. The main point is that a garden is not a yard. So you should use both words, when a lot do the time you don’t. I don’t know how this is an example of Americans adding to the language when you are using the same word for two different things. We call a yard a yard and a garden a garden, as it should be.

upload_2019-1-13_21-13-10.jpeg

That is a garden.

upload_2019-1-13_21-14-53.jpeg

This is a yard.

a yard and a garden are not the same thing man.

that is absolutely not a garden, it's a backyard(from what i can tell). And like you said it can be your front, back, side yard. Doesnt matter at all. Which is the reason we have added "back/front/etc" when talking about yards.This is just another example of how simplified your version of english is. Grass in your yard =/= a garden. Do you guys also refer to average public parks are "public gardens" too? :lol:

these are gardens...
MFGhWMm.png

these are yards(front, back, side, doesnt really matter), and like i said ... you can have a garden in your yard as some of these pictures indicate.
XWIaSFC.png

its not our fault that you brits cant tell the difference between a yard and a garden.

Reactions: CiG
No, the lawn is a feature of the garden.

That is how it is in the UK. You changed them to suit yourselves. But it’s an important distinction. If a house seller is advertising their house as having a garden and instead of looking like the first picture I posted it looks like the second then I’d be pissed. And so would most people in the UK.

Re: math/maths. Taking “maths” classes makes a hell of a lot more sense when you consider it’s short for “mathematics”. Taking a “mathematic” class sounds stupid.

Anyway I’ve provided examples of things Americans have changed which I personally find annoying/nonsensical. You disagree. There’s no point continuing this discussion.

Last edited: