when do we all think new record will be out?

I would too, but I'd probably forget to wear it like the watch I currently have :)

Reactions: redfly
If Red Lamb had been a better album he may have stuck around. I think he gave Mustaine too much input.

I'd love to have on of his watches. That would be so cool.

He did say he would be releasing the watches one day, wonder what happened, they would have been called spitz.

When I was younger I wore a watch 24/7 but I stopped wearing a watch when I driving trucks because it would always get caught on things when loading and unloading, now days the habit of forgetting to put it on has set firm. I tried to remember it a few years back but it lasted less than a month before I was leaving home without it again.

I actually liked his blues stuff on the steel guitar or whatever instrument it was. All metal he tried to put out after Anthrax was pile of shit. Red Lamb included, it was supercrap

Best and most honest part of the article is the second comment.

good news. then you'll go on tour, play ONE new song, along with the usual setlist.
change it up. start a trend.

Reactions: johnnieCzech
I actually liked his blues stuff on the steel guitar or whatever instrument it was. All metal he tried to put out after Anthrax was pile of shit. Red Lamb included, it was supercrap
I don't really remember his blues stuff. Red Lamb had some ok songs (and some crap) it's problem for me is being watered down. I think I got through the cd once.

no doubt about his talent, he was able to master anything he put his mind took forget the name of the instrument but for a while he was playing a weird guitar that was hard to learn.

Imagine they release it thinking this shit is over and it suddenly fires back up again. So many places are suffering from second and third waves of this thing holding it back makes no sense. The only reason holding it back makes sense is if Scott and Charlie aren't being entirely honest and they are either having issues writing the album, having issues making it as good as they've talked it up to be, or they are too busy doing shit outside of the band to care about giving the fans something.

Imagine they release it thinking this shit is over and it suddenly fires back up again. So many places are suffering from second and third waves of this thing holding it back makes no sense. The only reason holding it back makes sense is if Scott and Charlie aren't being entirely honest and they are either having issues writing the album, having issues making it as good as they've talked it up to be, or they are too busy doing shit outside of the band to care about giving the fans something.

they will have the most material they have ever had going into a recording, don't have an issue with it, if anything there will be more demand when it finally comes out next year.

More demand? From who? Anthrax plateau'd with their fan base years ago, seeing them talk for three years about an album yet produce nothing is not creating demand, it's creating a joke.
And who says it's coming out next year? Scott said in an interview the other day he doesn't want anything out until they can tour. Touring is opening up in some parts of the world but it's to massively restricted audiences, or it's opening up and closing down soon after. Then there is Anthrax's reluctance to do anything more than be a third tier act on the festival circuit which will no doubt hamper them even more given that festivals with limitations wont be viable for promoters.
You can also add to that scenario that even if it's released by the end of 2021 the band are not going to spend the entire time actually writing and making something great, they will piss fart around, do sloppy youtube videos for other bands and friends and then spend three months writing something that is at best on a par with Kings.

Charlie and Scott ought to put their money where their mouths are and if they don't want a full length until they can tour, release an EP with two new songs and a few rare live tracks. If they are such good writers and these new songs really are thrashy, fast and aggressive then it wont be hard to write an extra few songs for the follow up album. At least an EP with something new would show the fans they care about the fact it's been 4 years since they produced anything new, at least it would show the fans they have something positive to offer them.

I understand its frustrating I've made the point plenty of times they take a very long time with every record,even though the last record leaked 2 or 3 months ahead of release it was there best selling about in along time in the states and it did pretty good here tools for live shows we are overdue for a headline show and with this pandemic thats what it might have to go back to once this thing is sorted, i think there will be a greater demand to see any band live in the future.