When do you think this era of music will end?

Conquer All said:
haha. next neverboard meet up could possibly be the first CHARMIN meet up too

Jesus ftap dancing Christ, I'm not even on this board and you fucking annoy me. You're a huge ass kisser and no one wants to meet you. Shut the fuck up.

Ultimate n00b said:
Jesus ftap dancing Christ, I'm not even on this board and you fucking annoy me. You're a huge ass kisser and no one wants to meet you. Shut the fuck up.
Hey, he shows respect to the godly Charmin and wants to get rid of all the shitty music fans, show some respect.

You know that you want to see the list so you can laugh as hard as I will. It's all subjective. Albeit, the Indie Hipster attitude is becoming as annoying as a Metalhead's, especially with everyone in the known universe suddenly running around and screaming about how great The Velvet Underground is (which is true). What's annoying is that every Indie Hipster loves the same bands that every other Indie Hipster enjoys. No one has the exact same tastes, and everyone should admit that The Unicorns is a terrible band. But they are not going to do that because they are Hipsters, and to be hip, one has to be with the crowd. However, this doesn't make every band involved with the scene terrible. The scene covers a wide spectrum of genres, and that alone is refreshing. At least these people are willing to accept that every genre has a little credibility. They may be elitists, but they have that going for them. They just need to learn that they shouldn't like a band just because their friends do.

As for Emo, that's more in the mainstream. All of music is a business, even the Indie scene, but Emo is the one with the airtime on the radio. As with any business, you are going to have bands churning out songs just for the money. It's a sacrifice and a compromise, but you need that hit to sell the records to get the recognition and tour and sell merchandise and rock the bank. That doesn't mean Emo is all bad (shock, awe, dismay, disbelief, vegetables being thrown, dead Jeremy). Most of it does annoy me, but Sunny Day Real Estate is actually a talented band, and Coheed and Cambria are extreme talented with their fusion of Emo and Progressive Rock. Given, I don't listen to either band very often, but I don't cringe when I hear it, in fact, I enjoy it, and I will admit that they are both very good.

i don't really care about all that mainstream music shit!!!
and about that coalition of yours...you'll have Washington wives on your asses ( you know...fuck like a beast incident)

Lord of Metal said:
You know that you want to see the list so you can laugh as hard as I will. It's all subjective. Albeit, the Indie Hipster attitude is becoming as annoying as a Metalhead's, especially with everyone in the known universe suddenly running around and screaming about how great The Velvet Underground is (which is true). What's annoying is that every Indie Hipster loves the same bands that every other Indie Hipster enjoys. No one has the exact same tastes, and everyone should admit that The Unicorns is a terrible band. But they are not going to do that because they are Hipsters, and to be hip, one has to be with the crowd. However, this doesn't make every band involved with the scene terrible. The scene covers a wide spectrum of genres, and that alone is refreshing. At least these people are willing to accept that every genre has a little credibility. They may be elitists, but they have that going for them. They just need to learn that they shouldn't like a band just because their friends do.

As for Emo, that's more in the mainstream. All of music is a business, even the Indie scene, but Emo is the one with the airtime on the radio. As with any business, you are going to have bands churning out songs just for the money. It's a sacrifice and a compromise, but you need that hit to sell the records to get the recognition and tour and sell merchandise and rock the bank. That doesn't mean Emo is all bad (shock, awe, dismay, disbelief, vegetables being thrown, dead Jeremy). Most of it does annoy me, but Sunny Day Real Estate is actually a talented band, and Coheed and Cambria are extreme talented with their fusion of Emo and Progressive Rock. Given, I don't listen to either band very often, but I don't cringe when I hear it, in fact, I enjoy it, and I will admit that they are both very good.

Good post.

I for one would like also like to extend my opinion, that despite I used to uphold "metal is the best kind of music ever" not but maybe two or three years ago, I now realize that closed-minded genre elitism is really, really, stupid.

You 15-17 year olds will grow out of it. Hopefully.

MajestikMøøse said:
You 15-17 year olds will grow out of it. Hopefully.

No. They will all end up as fat, balding guys in leather jackets, riding motorcycles and swinging (imaginary?) chains in the air to a soundtrack of Keeper of the Seven Keys part 9.

and yes, even the girls.

I'm a bit of an elitist, but I do listen to some other genres. I love classical, opera, jazz, new age, flamenco etc. But that's what's so great about metal. Metal can mix in those genres and make a pretty unique sound.

Besides, how can you not be an elitist with all the Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold fan that say they are metal bands?

Chromatose said:
No. They will all end up as fat, balding guys in leather jackets, riding motorcycles and swinging (imaginary?) chains in the air to a soundtrack of Keeper of the Seven Keys part 9.

and yes, even the girls.

enter now ledmag and Zanex

But it's still annoying as hell when those girlie pants wearing, air fighting, non bathing mallrats say they are actually metal bands whent hey are just boy bands.