when you are accused of being violent...

timislegend

Jun 8, 2010
...you prove people wrong buy firing a rocket at a building and kill three innocent people.

what are some of your thoughts on this?

the "film" (as it's being called) is a ridiculous political/religious satire on the muslim faith but more significantly, the prophet muhammad. i know that some muslims are touchy about the satirical behavior of american politics towards the muslim culture so obviously there are two sides to this.

the "film" was directed by an israeli man, in america and the film depicts muslims as violent and muhammad as a child molester. i think what is interesting is the response from the muslim community hasn't been diplomatic... but instead, violent. which just reinforces some of the themes in the "film".

ugh! *smh* i don't know sometimes, guise! :ill:

the "film" was directed by an israeli man, in america and the film depicts muslims as violent and muhammad as a child molester. i think what is interesting is the response from the muslim community hasn't been diplomatic... but instead, violent. which just reinforces some of the themes in the "film".

that is what happens when you only watch Fox News, timislegend. I suggest you watch a documentary called "Occupation 101". And you will understand why some of the Muslims became so violent.

tl;dr: Israel is a police state that gives absolutely no voice to the Muslims, unfortunately some of them decided to recur to terrorism, as a way to be "heard".

Last edited by a moderator:
...you prove people wrong buy firing a rocket at a building and kill three innocent people.

what are some of your thoughts on ... was directed by an israeli man, in america and the film depicts muslims as violent and muhammad as a child molester. i think what is interesting is the response from the muslim community hasn't been diplomatic... but instead, violent. which just reinforces some of the themes in the "film".

ugh! *smh* i don't know sometimes, guise! :ill:

^It took me a long, long time to realize this, but here is your answer: the reason you can't find a logical answer to this question is because the question doesn't make sense. From your perspective, or from my perspective, it makes sense. But these people have a completely different point of view. And from their perspective, the question makes no sense at all. I mean you look at what Libyans have been through, and what my country has done and is doing to the muslim world, right or wrong, and then maybe you can start to see their perspective.

It's like an average Joe asking why Andy Sneap doesn't record good bands. To most of us, the question makes no sense at all and comes off completely illogically and ignorant. I'm sure your question would come off as ignorant in Libya. (FYI I don't think your question is ignorant).

know that some muslims are touchy about the satirical behavior of american politics towards the muslim culture so obviously there are two sides to this.

no there's not

I'm touchy about people interrupting others when someone is speaking

I'm touchy about people not looking you in the eyes when they talk to you or you talk to them

I don't kill them

that is what happens when you only watch Fox News, timislegend. I suggest you watch a documentary called "Occupation 101". And you will understand why some of the Muslims became so violent.

tl;dr: Israel is a police state that gives absolutely no voice to the Muslims, unfortunately some of them decided to recur to terrorism, as a way to be "heard".

Oh come on. This doesn't have shit to do with Fox news. It has everything to do with many divisions of the Muslim religion refusing to modernize, and overreacting violently to a perceived "insult". Although it is the youngest of the three Abrahamic religions, it is in most cases the most oppressive, unyielding, violent and archaic of them all.

Yes their land was taken over and is occupied by the Jews. I don't agree with that really and they have every right to be upset about it. I get that. If someone ran me out of my home, I'd probably shoot at them later when I got the chance. But that has little to do with this particular situation, aside from pointing out that Muslims are just generally pissed off at the entirety of Western civilization. It's not an excuse to murder innocent people over a movie.

IMO, Islam as a whole needs to come to the realization that this is the 21st century, and these types of acts, however justified they might think they are, do nit fit the values of modern society. I find nearly all religions pretty backward and unnecessary nowadays, but the amount of violence and oppression inherent in Islam is really just astounding.

This is just another way, at the end of a long list, that SOME Muslims justify acts of murder and revenge under the cloak of a holy book.

Catholics rape boys, Wesboro Church screams fags go to hell, some dick blows up an abortion clinic in the name of God = all Christians are bad.

A few stupid muslims blow shit up over a movie = all muslims are bad.

Makes sense to me. :lol:

Every religion has it's morons.

+1

Catholics rape boys, Wesboro Church screams fags go to hell, some dick blows up an abortion clinic in the name of God = all Christians are bad.

only difference is those are usually done by very small groups or individuals

not the same as a whole town going after a retarded child because they thought (incorrectly) that she :lol: burned :lol: their :lol: holy :lol: book

or drew a cartoon

or didn't make a movie

I'm not talking about a few isolated idiots in every religion. Islam has in place leaders and scriptures advocating the use of violent oppression. I'm not saying all Muslims are bad. Not even remotely. But there is a MUCH, MUCH larger percentage of Muslims who are capable of extreme fanaticism and violence in the name of religion.

To prove that point, lets just do a little experiment. Go around to about 50 christian churches in the US and europe, and hold up a sign that says Christianity sucks balls. Jesus raped children.

Then go to 50 mosques in Afghanistan, Somalia, Iran and maybe Pakistan. Hold up a sign that says Islam sucks balls. Mohammed raped children.

In which case do you think you'd have a higher likelihood of being shot or stoned to death? I bet you wouldn't get past more than one or two mosques without being beaten near to death or just outright killed immediately, especially if you were in more remote regions.

Islam itself is not the problem, but there is a large problem WITHIN Islam. That's very easy to see.

I was being more than a little sarcastic. I'm just finding it funny that over at HCAF a couple of guys have been banned for what I would consider mild bashing of a religion but when it comes to Christians anything goes.

All Christians are fucking idiots.

All Muslims are fucking idiots.

For some reason one doesn't come off as well. :lol:

I was being more than a little sarcastic. I'm just finding it funny that over at HCAF a couple of guys have been banned for what I would consider mild bashing of a religion but when it comes to Christians anything goes.

All Christians are fucking idiots.

All Muslims are fucking idiots.

For some reason one doesn't come off as well. :lol:

Ha ha oh, my bad. Well in that case.... I agree with you 100%.

Go and compare Muslim terrorists to some of that shit that's done by so-called "Christian" groups in Africa. This link is quite interesting as well: http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

Obviously there's going to be more shit going on in the Middle East than in Europe/US. People have a lower standard of living, the infrastructure/legal systems aren't nearly as developed as in the western world, the level of education is lower, and in many cases people's countries have been attacked for reasons which have nothing to do with them, leading to bad living standards and desperation. Blaming Islam for everything is pretty lazy if you ask me. If the roles were reversed and the Christian world was living under the same conditions as the Islamic world I'm quite sure that it'd be the Christian countries blowing shit up... You guys have heard of the inquisition, right?

All religions and ethnic groups have their idiots. The groups living under the worst conditions are usually the ones that have the highest amounts of extremists/criminals/terrorists, just look at some of the immigration problems that some countries have had because more and more immigrants have arrived and the countries haven't been able to handle it.

The event in the OP fits those issues. Libya has just had a bloody civil war, I can imagine that there are lots of people living under terrible conditions who are looking for someone to blame. Gaddafi claimed that the NATO involvement in the crisis killed over 2000 civilians. You're obviously going to have lots of pissed off people who have lost loved ones, very many of those people have gone through worse education systems than over here, and I'd assume that the media is saying different things than the US/EU media.

It's very sad that people have died in the attack, just as it's sad that lots of civilians died in the Libyan civil war and that people are dying of hunger everywhere in the world every day. None of those people are to blame personally. But there are so many factors involved, and blaming an entire religion and ethnic group for events like this is lazy and ignorant(I'm not accusing anyone of claiming that). The problems go much deeper than that, and the western world has definitely had it's part to play in them. We're just lucky to be sitting here in our part of the world and commenting on events like this instead of living in the midst of them.

show of hands ...

who's ready to believe anything Gaddafi said? :wave:

Anyone? Anyone at all?

Scotland?

No?

Didn't think so

you can talk stress, you can talk poverty, you can talk all that nice stuff that is somewhat true on a lot of levels ....

just stop making excuses for what happened or trying to make people understand that they had legit reasons for wanting to kill people because they feel their imaginary friend was insulted

Nobody in our part of the world believes what Gadaffi said, and neither do I, obviously. I'd guess there are people in Libya who did though... And there were definitely lots of civilian casualties during the civil war(obviously Gadaffi was at fault for most of them). That doesn't justify blowing up innocent people though, that's just the actions of the scum of the earth.

I'm not trying to make any excuses, it was a tragic event which was totally uncalled for, and the people responsible should pay for it. That doesn't mean that muslims are evil and want to blow up the world though. To be fair, people haven't been claiming that in this thread, I've just been pissed with that kind of black-and-white attitude to the world lately so I went on a bit of a rant.

1 terrorist attack by a Christian doesn't mean that all Christians are terrorists. True.
1 terrorist attack by a Muslim doesn't mean that all Muslims are terrorists. True.

If we want to compare these 2 groups, we need to turn to statistics.
Poll 10000 randomly selected members of each group, ask all the necessary questions without constructing the questions in a way that would strongly influence their answers.
And you will have a clear view of which group is more violent.