when you are accused of being violent...

The American embassy in Yemen was also stormed and set afire yesterday, but the Yemeni police got shit under control, and ended up killing one of the rioter/ looters.

So I have some doubt that the US embassy was attacked (burned) due to the movie (talking about the one in Benghazi). It happened on 9/11, they chanted "death to America" and hung flags that said "There is no God but Allah" while burning the American flag.

I've also heard there were other things chanted such as "Obama, Obama, we are here for the triumph of Islam" and "Obama there are a billion more Osamas."

To me blaming all that on a video is a little short sided.

^^^ ..... Man has a point. Regardless, my statements still stand. People HAVE been killed just for making movies criticizing Muslims. (Theo VanGogh, for Submission, Salman Rushdie lived in hiding for years after Iranian leaders called to have him assasinated for writing a satirical book)

It also doesn't help their case to be murdering people and burning buildings on 9/11's anniversary....

It happened on 9/11, they chanted "death to America" and hung flags that said "There is no God but Allah" while burning the American flag.

Thats stupid of them. The hebrew term for God is "Elohim". When translated to english, is rendered God, when translated to arabic is "Allah". So in other words, it can be rendered "There is no God but God" lol?

Anyways. Extremists well look for anything, any reason, to attack an opposing group. In-group vs out-group bias.

Do you guys remember this? lawl

Last edited by a moderator:
that is exactly what it is: لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

"there is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God."

god - lowercased, meaning "other gods". Elohim is actually hebrew for both god and god(s). Yahweh is another hebrew word for god.

but in arabic the word Allah means "the God" - as in - no other.

To prove that point, lets just do a little experiment. Go around to about 50 christian churches in the US and europe, and hold up a sign that says Christianity sucks balls. Jesus raped children.

Then go to 50 mosques in Afghanistan, Somalia, Iran and maybe Pakistan. Hold up a sign that says Islam sucks balls. Mohammed raped children.

dude, you can't compare US and europe with some poor thrid world countries.

you probably won't find a lot churches in afghanistan, iran and pakistan (hehe) but maybe in somalia...then, try the poster thing, go to a church in somalia and wave a poster with "Christianity sucks balls. Jesus raped children"
around....guess what would happen!? ;)

people are crazy over there, and yeah, most of them are muslim but they can be christian or jew or whatever also.

we have religious fanatics, terrorists and fundamentalists everywhere...

this may be a bit OT but i remember when the mohammed caricatures were published a few years ago and some arabic countries gone completely postal about this.
watching the news i alway heard words like "fredom of press" "muslim communities overreacting" and stuff, it was like, hey guys yeahh, that guy made
fun of your prophet, take it easy it's just a carricature, no need to be mad about this.

then oddly a few weeks ago, german MTV broadcasted a cartoon named "popetown" where the pope was drawn as a kid doing "strange things" etc.
guess what happened!? christian communities were seriously hurt and claimed a ban on this cartoon...no more "fredom of press" , no more "take it easy"
people were seriously butthurt.

ok, they didn't burn any buildings and stuff but just because in germany you go to jail for burning a building...;)

Thats stupid of them. The hebrew term for God is "Elohim". When translated to english, is rendered God, when translated to arabic is "Allah". So in other words, it can be rendered "There is no God but God" lol?

Anyways. Extremists well look for anything, any reason, to attack an opposing group. In-group vs out-group bias.

Do you guys remember this? lawl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

It was a different language, I'm sure that was just a translation. As you know shit is always lost in translation. :)

that is exactly what it is: لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

"there is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God."

god - lowercased, meaning "other gods". Elohim is actually hebrew for both god and god(s). Yahweh is another hebrew word for god.

but in arabic the word Allah means "the God" - as in - no other.

Thank you for clarifying on the exact quote. I've talked to a few muslims and Jews in the past, it is true that when muslims talk about ALLAH they usually aren't referring to Elohim but rather the God, and Yahweh, from Jews I've talked to, say its lost in translation, only YHWH remains, which they believe is the actual name of God, which is so sacred that it shouldn't even be said. I forget where I was going with this. But I just think all of this fighting and violence is stupid.

I was being more than a little sarcastic. I'm just finding it funny that over at HCAF a couple of guys have been banned for what I would consider mild bashing of a religion but when it comes to Christians anything goes.

All Christians are fucking idiots.

All Muslims are fucking idiots.

For some reason one doesn't come off as well. :lol:
It goes like this: you insult islam; you are trendy but you might get assaulted, stoned or threatened, you insult judaism; you are nazi and anti-semitist + the rabbis will beat you with sticks and remind you of the holocaust, you insult christianity; ??? Nothing, it's trendy. Except in Russia you get two years in prison.

Oh and if you insult Nato/US; you are only a conspiracy theorist.

I would love to see someone charactureise the pope with a giant dildo up his ass. I don't want to see the insertion, just that old fuck squatting over that shit with a giant grin on his face. Seriously fuck that guy.

this will have to do I'm afraid
635.jpg

It goes like this: you insult islam; you are trendy but you might get assaulted, stoned or threatened, you insult judaism; you are nazi and anti-semitist + the rabbis will beat you with sticks and remind you of the holocaust, you insult christianity; ??? Nothing, it's trendy. Except in Russia you get two years in prison.

Oh and if you insult Nato/US; you are only a conspiracy theorist.

New lvl of win unlocked. :kickass:

Funny thing that the greatest atrocities in history have been made in the name of God ...

284238_496697130341058_29306694_n.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how upset people get when their all-powerful imaginary friend is insulted. Am I missing something here? I mean, if the deity is all-powerful, then it should be able to withstand a bit of lame humor, shouldn't it? It's not going to crumble into dust, right? How could this film possibly harm the religion? Unless the underlying fear from the believers is that if people openly criticize the religion, that might cause people to start thinking for themselves, ask really tough questions, and ultimately realize that there is no God.

That doesn't mean I don't find the movie in extremely poor taste. I do. I consider it no better than the 1915 American Film "The Birth of a Nation" which painted the KKK as heroes.

However, I believe that free speech trumps Religion. I must quote John Scalzi on this, as it sums up the situation:

The First Amendment guarantees a right to free speech. It does not guarantee a right to respect. As I am fond of saying, if you want people to respect your ideas, get better ideas.

The last thing the world needs is a blasphemy law. I'm an atheist, and I don't need to be harassed, threatened, beaten, arrested or murdered merely because I think Mohammed was a fraud.

-0z-

It's very sad that people have died in the attack, just as it's sad that lots of civilians died in the Libyan civil war and that people are dying of hunger everywhere in the world every day. None of those people are to blame personally. But there are so many factors involved, and blaming an entire religion and ethnic group for events like this is lazy and ignorant(I'm not accusing anyone of claiming that). The problems go much deeper than that, and the western world has definitely had it's part to play in them. We're just lucky to be sitting here in our part of the world and commenting on events like this instead of living in the midst of them.

+1