Where abouts is everyone from?

eternalhours said:
Where are you all from, out of curiosity? :)
And who is your favourite band from your own country?

I'm from Peterborough, UK (near London).
My favourite band from England would be My Dying Bride (off of the top of my head :p )

Massachusetts, USA.

Black Witchery.

If anyone else is from MA/CT, and knows of any "metal" happenings (stores, underground shows, etc...) in this area, I would appreciate hearing about it!!

Cincinnati- Oh

I suppose fave american band- Neurosis, Isis, Nevermore,Slayer or testament-- cant choose between the four of them

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I'm from Perth, Western Australia. And my favourite band from my city is either Vespers Descent a melodic death metal band or Syzygy an instrumental prog metal band. Check them out. Vespers just released an ep.
www.vespersdescent.com
not too sure if Syzygy has a website.
I just downloaded the sample on Vespers Descent's website - wow!
Looked on Merchandise, and it says you can get the EP from some shops over there.. but I doubt I'll be going to Australia anytime soon :erk: :(

I'm from Germany...
unfortunately most german bands suck. the best of them is probably Rammstein, but there really is so much crap music around here.

I am from NJ but just moved to to Oklahoma....and you would all hate my favorite bands but I think from my posts you can kind of understand what kind of metal I like.

Herbstleyd said:
I live in America. Favorite American band is Krieg.

KRIEG does totally rule. The only recordings I have from them, though, is The Church (which has to be some of the cruelest, nasty, violent black metal EVER) and the split with Kult of Azazel. What other recordings have they made and where can I get them?

Belfast in Ireland, I dont listen to any irish bands apart from a few songs from the undertones and stiff little fingers, to wierd stuff like ash.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I'm from Perth, Western Australia. And my favourite band from my city is either Vespers Descent a melodic death metal band or Syzygy an instrumental prog metal band. Check them out. Vespers just released an ep.
www.vespersdescent.com
not too sure if Syzygy has a website.

I'm from Bunbury dude!! My have West Aussie band is Black Steel.......I believe they share the drummer from Syzygy - Damien Petrelli?

http://www.blacksteel.com.au/news.htm

In terms of the bigger picture, I'll claim AC/DC as Aussies!! :D