Where do I start with Emperor?

Opethian666 said:
Actually I would start with Prometheus if you went for Emperor, then go to Anthems and then Into The Nightside Eclipse. I think it's a bit daunting to start off with ITNE since it has such horrible production, while Prometheus is so crystal clean and accessible.

It depends on what your playback system is, I think all Emperors work sounds great through my floorshakin loudspeakers. hehe

Duck and cover!! :D

Edit, The re-release of ITNE does sound better than the first issue, also it includes a couple of bonus tracks, one of them is a true gem imo.

dcat said:
It depends on what your playback system is, I think all Emperors work sounds great through my floorshakin loudspeakers. hehe

Duck and cover!! :D

Paradigm Titans. I love 'em.

Well I nearly always listen to music with headphones on, so maybe that's why I'd start off with Prometheus, since it sounds so excellent through the phones.

the production on bergtatt isnt even bad people. and lmao @ bergtatt having no dynamics, wtf

as far as emperor goes, nightside or anthems.

With Emperor, which is the only Black Metal band I listen to regularly, you probably are best off strating with In the Nightside Eclipse. Even thoug I think Anthems to the Welin at Dusk is superior, in retrospect I feel i should have started on Nightside.

It's a lot closer to how they first started off, if you can get through Nightside and Anthems and enjoy them, because they're awesome and are really Emperor's golden era, then go back to the earliest stuff.

I believe Wrath of the Tyrants conatins the most recorded stuff from their early era, if you listen to the likes of Lord of Storms and Wrath of the Tyrant, then you'll really come to appreciate just how much the matured between then and their golden era, it's not easy listening.

After that, continue in order probably, they went a bit more progressive on Equilibrium and frankly mental (in comparison to the early stuff) on Prometheus, alright stuff though.

If you want to get totally into them Reverence is worth buying, but it's not a must have release. The Imperial Live Ceremony is pretty fun though, from a fans perspective.

Opethian666 said:
Actually I would start with Prometheus if you went for Emperor, then go to Anthems and then Into The Nightside Eclipse. I think it's a bit daunting to start off with ITNE since it has such horrible production, while Prometheus is so crystal clean and accessible.

:rolleyes:

bergtatt being one of the best produced black metal albums ive heard

Its obviously an acquired taste. By normal music production standards its bad, the sounds bleed into each other, the cymbals are tinny and drums thin.

If you like that, fine. But don't make it like everyone else is an idiot.

Talking Meat said:
bergtatt being one of the best produced black metal albums ive heard

Its obviously an acquired taste. By normal music production standards its bad, the sounds bleed into each other, the cymbals are tinny and drums thin.

If you like that, fine. But don't make it like everyone else is an idiot.

wtf compared to 99% of black metal from that era it's fucking crystal clear. natterns madrigal on the other hand...