Where do the album titles come from?

imo ~~*~~ nothing iz absolute everyithng is subjectiveeee ~~*~~ thats just my opinion though :headbang: :kickass:

So you consider yourself a postmodernist? So you actually developed this "opinion" by reading books by people as Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Foucault, Lyotard, and others? Are you aware then of the many problems with this stance? And of the new developments that go way beyond such simple statements as you made?
I suggest you take some epistemology classes, specifically dealing with hermeneutics, constructivism, deconstructivism, the linguistic approach, structuralism, poststructuralism, ...

I really hate people with no background on these matters at all, just proclaiming any kind of stupid "opinion" and then defend that just by making an extreme simplistic catchphrase of the postmodern thought that every opinion is as valid as the other, because "it is all relative" ...

Anyway, the threadstarter got his answers ...

lol at phil. In an interview Mike mentioned the fact that Watershed is the name of a song on the s/t album by Mark Hollis which he took influence. Pretty good album too.

So you consider yourself a postmodernist? So you actually developed this "opinion" by reading books by people as Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Foucault, Lyotard, and others? Are you aware then of the many problems with this stance? And of the new developments that go way beyond such simple statements as you made?
I suggest you take some epistemology classes, specifically dealing with hermeneutics, constructivism, deconstructivism, the linguistic approach, structuralism, poststructuralism, ...

I really hate people with no background on these matters at all, just proclaiming any kind of stupid "opinion" and then defend that just by making an extreme simplistic catchphrase of the postmodern thought that every opinion is as valid as the other, because "it is all relative" ...

Anyway, the threadstarter got his answers ...

Dude..relax. You kinda missed the point there.

Orchid: We like flowers.
Morningrise: It happens.
MAYH: Well, somebody's gotta carry the body.
Still Life: I like to paint.
BWP: Wave pool.
D&D: I roll a 20.
GR: Because metal is scary.
Watershed: Nature is interesting.

Dude..relax. You kinda missed the point there.

yeah he did, its funny when people miss the joke and put some serious effort to writing these. Wittgenstein would be ashamed to learn he was mentioned in this manner :p

yeah he did, its funny when people miss the joke and put some serious effort to writing these. Wittgenstein would be ashamed to learn he was mentioned in this manner :p

Even if it was a little be too serious, I'd be happy to have his complete opinion, instead of mystical words such as constructivism and structuralism. Looks interesting, I don't have these classes.

Even if it was a little be too serious, I'd be happy to have his complete opinion, instead of mystical words such as constructivism and structuralism. Looks interesting, I don't have these classes.

I, for myself, tried to read Tractatus Logico Philosophicus and I was amazed at the complexity of the stuff. Its way advanced for an electrical engineer like me though I did not give up. Now I am reading some introductory stuff to Wittgenstein.
Those mystical words are so very helpful with these kind of talks. If it was not for the help of those technical words most of the conversations about the issue would either remain too shallow or boring-to-death long.

I see what you mean. Anyway, I don't really like all-built ideas on a forum. I just think a forum means complete conversations without such shortcut. But anway, I should only read some books about it I guess. It's not very important.

the most obvious reason would be that Mike needed to put his rip-off trademark. Im not sure about the others, but Watershed is a 2008 album written by you know who...I think thats the point where mike just totally dropped his originality for naming stuff.

still life: fates warning album (i think), also, the line; white faced, "haggard grin" in SPD (those two words also appear in a comus song 'the bite'
morningrise: song by slowdive

(certainly not the inspiration for the album titles, but an observation nonetheless).