Where Would You Live?

Ireland, Norway, to actually live in NYC for a couple years while i am still young, i've always lived Just outside and it pisses me off

I have often wished to live in England so I can be close to Europe without having to necessarily learn the languages immediately, but reading about Britain has made me change my mind a bit. Other than that, I would like to live in Germany, Ireland, Sweden, or Norway. I'd say Russia or Ukraine at a stretch, but I'm not really all that interested in living there as much as visiting occasionally.

New Zealand.

Oh no you don't. Everyone seems to get the impression that New Zealand is a clean green place, nd that's somewhat true. Because there is absolutely NOTHING here. It rains quite often, and the climate is often cool/cold. A good thing about NZ is that you're never further than 3 hours drive from a beach. Not that you'd ever want to go there for a better part of 50 weeks of the year.

Wait. That said, I'd gladly accept any metalheads that wished to enter this isolate little country.

not if your idea of fun is raping a guy in the ass while telling him to squeal like a pig :cry:

Anyways for me.. it would be thailand (or some asian country), San Francisco and Italy (especially tuscany and/or amalfi coast)... maybe others but those are my faves right now...

Dude, you're moving to Hawaii? That's awesome. Can you actually afford to get a house there?

Personally, I'd want to live somewhere warm. I hate freezing cold weather -- it just makes it a bitch to be outside. Maybe if there were more snow in my area, I'd think differently, but it pretty much never snows here.

I'd also want to live somewhere mountainous, because mountains kick ass.

So yeah, I'd probly go with Hawaii, assuming that I had the money to live there and to travel away from there every now and then. New Zealand seems pretty sweet too, though.

However, if it were warmer in Scandinavia, I'd pick that hands down because of the metal. :headbang:

Yeah, that's my plan. My girlfriend was born and raised there. I met her while I was stationed there in the Marines. So once we both finish our degrees, we plan to save up some money and move back. It's extremely expensive, but that's the price you pay to live in paradise. :)

I'm quite happy in Melbourne, but I'd love to live in New York for a while. I lived not too far out of London for 2 years when I turned 18, and loved every minute of it.

i live in england and if i could live anywhere it would be scandinavia, germany or england 20 years ago (before it became america 2)

England... preferably a quaint little town that was not too far from anywhere with museums, libraries, and concerts.

Realistically, California is where I'm hoping to move in a few years. Lake Tahoe is incredible if you aren't buying a lake front mansion. I'd be in heaven on earth if I could live in a forest like that. :p If not there, Sacramento.

NOT THE US! or anywhere in the americas really.

ive been seriously thinking about moving to europe. possibilties are the czech republic, germany, austria, norway, and the netherlands. or maybe andorra, since its a tax haven...

my problem is my german SUCKS. i'm probably better at dutch, but right now i have no motivation to learn more. and i have very little background in norwegian, and none in czech. although, they say the best way to learn the language is to jump in with both feet and figure it out as you go along.

i'm also seriously looking into becoming a defense attache. but i'd have to start somewhere like sudan, which would definitely be interesting, but not somewhere i want to stay.

i'm just fed up with american culture, and americans in general.
~gR~

England... preferably a quaint little town that was not too far from anywhere with museums, libraries, and concerts.

Realistically, California is where I'm hoping to move in a few years. Lake Tahoe is incredible if you aren't buying a lake front mansion. I'd be in heaven on earth if I could live in a forest like that. :p If not there, Sacramento.

sacramento is terrible! i lived in davis (15 miles west of sac) before i enlisted. crime is horrible, housing is exspensive... tahoe is indeed a great area though.

ive noticed alot of people always say california. i just dont understand it. i spent half my life there, and i would never live there again.
~gR~