Where Would You Live?

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years. It was great, but I'm a seasons type of guy. I need the bleak midvinterblot.

I'm very happy with where I live now. I like having seasons.

I wouldn't mind living in the Pacific Northwest, either Seattle or Portland. The climate there sounds favorable. British Columbia too.

I would not recommend anyone move to California if they don't already have serious plans or have a specific reason to. The housing market is terrible right now and blue-collar jobs are somewhat difficult to come by with all the immigrants taking them over for lower wages. California's a pretty good state, but not worth living in.

Germany. I've actually lived there before. Also: Italy (even though I am not of Italian heritage and do not know the language), Malta, Australia. If it were more technologically advanced, I wouldn't mind Africa, because it has a nice climate. I like where I live now, but I wouldn't mind living in Florida or California.

sacramento is terrible! i lived in davis (15 miles west of sac) before i enlisted. crime is horrible, housing is exspensive... tahoe is indeed a great area though.

ive noticed alot of people always say california. i just dont understand it. i spent half my life there, and i would never live there again.
~gR~

Yeah, just around the area actually. I didn't care much for downtown beyond "old town", or anything else. I was in this area called Roseville, and it was pretty nice. I like the rural and suburb areas of California. I assume thats what most people idealize when they say they want to move to California. I can't imagine anyone being excited to move into an apartment in L.A....

That, and the weather. Theres a mix of everything there, but it manages to avoid being too hot or too cold.

Mainly I want to move to California because everything I want to do in life seems to thrive there. If I want to do anything in IT( "city of industry", eh?), journalism (video game related), or music... it seems like a nice start.

Yeah, just around the area actually. I didn't care much for downtown beyond "old town", or anything else. I was in this area called Roseville, and it was pretty nice. I like the rural and suburb areas of California. I assume thats what most people idealize when they say they want to move to California. I can't imagine anyone being excited to move into an apartment in L.A....

That, and the weather. Theres a mix of everything there, but it manages to avoid being too hot or too cold.

Mainly I want to move to California because everything I want to do in life seems to thrive there. If I want to do anything in IT( "city of industry", eh?), journalism (video game related), or music... it seems like a nice start.

roseville can get pretty trashy. you should try dixon, natomas, or elk grove. maybe even davis (where i'm from) if you dont mind the hippy college crowd. its really a nice town, i just dont like the people there.

if you want to work in IT, davis wouldnt be bad. there is a train station there and the commuter train will take you all the way down to emeryville. train comes every 15 minutes or so.
~gR~

my grandparents lived in Rocklin, so I was pretty familiar with Roseville. it's okay. a little too clean and suburby. My cousin, who lived in Rocklin, said there was one black guy at his high school. ONE.

I like Maine. I can be isolated from people. It isn't that far to get into town. It doesn't really get to hot here. I don't mind the winters here.

I intend to live in New York City for at least a few years. Partly for career reasons and partly because I've just always wanted to. My parents are both New Yorkers, and my whole life they've always talked about how much they loved it, how much they miss it, how one day they want to go back, etc. My brother lives there now and he seems to love it, too.

I'd also like to live in Alaska, not so much because of the cold, but because I hear it'd beautiful there. Really, I would like to eventually retire in any of the really rurual, isolated states in America (Montana, Idaho...) but Alaska, for some reason, intrigues me the most.

And Las Vegas seems like it'd be pretty cool... Damn, there are a lot of places in this county I'd like to try living in. I still like Pennsylvania a lot, but there's so much more out there.

And as for other countries, I really don't know. I'm (hopefully) going to be travelling around Europe next summer, so maybe when I'm there I'll see something I like. I've also been intrigued by Australia for a long time, and I'd love to go there sometime... Although I hear they've got some nasty spiders. Fuck. That.