Where Would You Live?

Attention, any american thinking of moving to Scandinavia! I have just been authorized by our supreme council to issue the following statement:

WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

Who the hell cares what you people want, think, or do?

Certainly not me. I'll come and go as I please.

Oregon or Washington. I am sick and tired of the sun, sand and the cars. I would not recommend anyone moving to southern California unless you plan on spending all your time at the beach.

Yeah, Canadians are alright.

Mathiäs;6397988 said:
Who the hell cares what you people want, think, or do?

Certainly not me. I'll come and go as I please.

Great, that's just what we need. An angry little bible thumper with an attitude problem and really shitty taste in metal. :erk:

Maybe it's dumb to some people, but I would want to live in San Diego. I grew up there (from 0-18) and I have family there and I love the beach and the San Diego Chargers. I know it's got problems, but any place does.

Prepare for MEGABUMP!!

So, I'm seriously considering moving out to California once I'm out of college and have saved up some bucks. I think a few of my friends might be up for the move as well. The San Francisco area seems like the most preferable part of the state, in terms of cultural/music stuff, weather, general prettiness, and jobs (I'm a computer science major).

So I was just wondering if there's anyone on the forums who's lived there for a significant period of time, and can speak for its benefits or disadvantages. Or if you think you have a better place to recommend, that's cool too. I'm determined to move somewhere in the next few years, cause I figure there've got to be more interesting places to live than Richmond. :lol:

I'm baffled by the number of people who want to live in NZ. It has average weather, a tiny population and is even more isolated than Australia. Yeah it's kinda picturess in a photo, but I've been there a few times and there ain't much going on. The only think I can think to attribute it to, is that you are all a bunch of massive LoTR nerds ....

Anyway, I live in Sydney and won't live anywhere else in the long run. Whilst Europe would be ideal for travel (and at some stage I'll spend a few years there), the weather, sports, culture and general life style here are infinitely better than anywhere else on the planet - at least that is English speaking anyway.

That being said - Spain would be cool ... probably Madrid or Barcelona.

I like Brookline a lot - best sides of both suburban and urban environment. But all of the following are also cool:
NYC
Scandinavia
Germany
The West Coast
Japan

I'm really happy living here, but I think that at some point of my life I'd like to live a few years either in the US or some western Europe country, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia, something like that. Most of them are pretty much the same anyway :lol:

I'm really happy living here, but I think that at some point of my life I'd like to live a few years either in the US or some western Europe country, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia, something like that. Most of them are pretty much the same anyway :lol:

What's your opinion on the Iran issue?

Colombia maybe, besides the stealing its a nice country with nice weather (except in Bogota) and nice people. Maybe my second choice would be an unclaimed tropical island that isn't a cay.

Where I live sucks, its like a suburban town but everything is far away from everything. I used to live in the town over, where pretty much every house was in front of some woods and you were always around a mile or so away from shops.

Germany, if anywhere. I'd have to learn the lingo first, but I really enjoyed time I spent there. Cheaper than fucking Switzerland, too.