Where Would You Live?

Prepare for MEGABUMP!!

So, I'm seriously considering moving out to California once I'm out of college and have saved up some bucks. I think a few of my friends might be up for the move as well. The San Francisco area seems like the most preferable part of the state, in terms of cultural/music stuff, weather, general prettiness, and jobs (I'm a computer science major).

So I was just wondering if there's anyone on the forums who's lived there for a significant period of time, and can speak for its benefits or disadvantages. Or if you think you have a better place to recommend, that's cool too. I'm determined to move somewhere in the next few years, cause I figure there've got to be more interesting places to live than Richmond. :lol:

San Francisco and pretty should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Unless you find bums and grafitti pretty; though truth be told, SF does have some nice areas. At least it's better than Oakland. It's fucking crowded as hell, though. Be prepared for an increase in prices from what you're used to. A strong point that the bay has going for it is the multiple venues, even in the city alone. Slim's and the Fillmore are the most popular for metal bands to come visit.

P.S. no one, absolutely no one, calls it San Fran or Frisco.

Also, I still want to live in Italy as all my richass mafia family members would give me a job easy.

San Francisco and pretty should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Unless you find bums and grafitti pretty; though truth be told, SF does have some nice areas. At least it's better than Oakland. It's fucking crowded as hell, though. Be prepared for an increase in prices from what you're used to. A strong point that the bay has going for it is the multiple venues, even in the city alone. Slim's and the Fillmore are the most popular for metal bands to come visit.

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily want to live in the city itself, but the area in general seems to have a lot going for it, and certainly more to do on any given weekend than where I am now. And I'm not too worried about paying extra for housing given the line of work I'm getting into.

Though since you say San Francisco is ugly, what would be a nicer / more scenic part of the state to live in (that isn't in the middle of nowhere)?

P.S. no one, absolutely no one, calls it San Fran or Frisco.

:lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily want to live in the city itself, but the area in general seems to have a lot going for it, and certainly more to do on any given weekend than where I am now. And I'm not too worried about paying extra for housing given the line of work I'm getting into.

Though since you say San Francisco is ugly, what would be a nicer / more scenic part of the state to live in (that isn't in the middle of nowhere)?

The whole bay area is pretty urban-looking. San Francisco has it's nice looking parts, the whole city isn't ugly, it just has it's old-looking, run down spots, like any city. I can't really recommend any places to move, because I've only lived in San Jose since I've moved to this area a long time ago. I like it here, but something I really envy about San Francisco is the coastal weather, nice and cool. It gets pretty hot inland.

Ah. Well, old run-down parts isn't really a turn-off for me. There's plenty of that in Richmond, and they make for some fun urban exploration. :)

I guess I can't really know what to think until I've seen the place myself. I'll have to make a trip out there whenever I actually have some money to spend.

I don't like most cities, except Baltimore. It's not too crowded and there's plenty to do there. And its not overloaded with tourists who stand on the walking side of escalators.

eat_shit.jpg