Which Adagio album to buy ?

turke

Aug 16, 2003
Dystopia
At last I want to try one of the two Adagio albums. But i dont know which one to go for... Can you help me. I am kinda at "melodic side of music" instead of shredding. So which one should i buy ?

both damnit:cool:, but get underworld first. i havent heard their live cd yet, but im gonna guess and say its really frkn awesome, but prolly get that third.

BUY both thier awsome
underworld production is better but
the songs in both are awsome

the live album is at most ok...

Underworld is my favorite, but when I listened to Sanctus Ignis later on, I was surprised at how awesome it was. There are some really great compositions on it like 'Stringless Violin' and 'Seven Lands of Sin'.

conclusion: get BOTH :)

BastrdDrmr said:
Sanctus Ignis is way better. I hate lots of the overblown keyboard melodies on Underworld. They just sound... stupid. I don't know how else to put it.
i think the best thing about underworld is the keyboards.the intro of new profundis is awesome the first progressions are jazz and then it suddenly turns into classic+the solos are dynamite.

dargormudshark said:
Best Prog power metal cd's my ass...it's more like one of the best cd's ever!
No way in HELL is Adagio - Underworld one of the best Cd's ever...though it is a good CD...most of Rhapsody's CD's, all of Symphony X's CD's from Divine Wings and forward, Dream Theater's "Metropolis Pt. 2", (I'll get flamed for this) and DT's "6 Degrees" and "Train of Thought" and all of Blind Guardian's CD's from Somewhere Far Beyond and forward kick Underworld's ass...it's just too "Been There, Done That!".....though, as another prog-metal album, it kicks ass, just not the most original piece ever...

Ayreon Guardian X said:
Dream Theater's (I'll get flamed for this) "Train of Thought"...

yup ... flame. sry man.

altho i am starting to like it more and more. slowly starting to grow on me. ok, half flame, i guess :err:

Ayreon Guardian X said:
No way in HELL is Adagio - Underworld one of the best Cd's ever...though it is a good CD...most of Rhapsody's CD's, all of Symphony X's CD's from Divine Wings and forward, Dream Theater's "Metropolis Pt. 2", (I'll get flamed for this) and DT's "6 Degrees" and "Train of Thought" and all of Blind Guardian's CD's from Somewhere Far Beyond and forward kick Underworld's ass...it's just too "Been There, Done That!".....though, as another prog-metal album, it kicks ass, just not the most original piece ever...

Well that is your'e opinion, I could give less a crap about Blind Guardian and Rhapsody.

underworld musically is better than awake and fii +i like underworld better than images and world(its too soft for me).by the way blind Guardian and rhapsody are great band but none of their cd's has underworlds complexity .Wait forte is only 24 yrs old,adagio's first two cd's were just a good warm ups for him,im sure the next adagio will be even better than the old ones.