Which albums do you think get the most undeserved hate?

Ex-cally-boo said:
Maybe you should listen to this obscure shit before you say you would rather listen to Slipknot over them?

you don't know me, you don't know what i listen to or what i have heard. Please do not insinuate i don't know what i am talking about. I don't say things when i haven't thought about them or experienced them.

Ex-cally-boo said:
I think it is perfectly fine to assume things of that nature from an Opeth fanboy.

Laughable. I defend Opeth and say they are still one of my favorite metal bands, and now i am a fanboy who is ignorant to metal. Please, don't ever talk to me again until you have something of substance to say or at least have the decency to evaluate the validity of your ignorant comments. You still don't know what music i like.

You know, maybe you shouldn't say anything until you have something of substance to say. Face it, most message boards are full of a bunch of shit, so suggesting that someone not say something unless there's substance to it is like telling someone not to eat unless it's of gourmet quality.

It isn't so much the defending of Opeth, as your overly homoerotic signature.

Mikael Åkerfeldt, always so impeccable, couple friable Death voices with clear vibrations than smelled more.

People are going to flame the shit out of me for this, but I like Soundtrack to your escape. I only like a few tracks, however:

The Quiet Place
Dead Alone
My Sweet Shadow
Evil in A Closet
Borders and Shading

Of course, I do hate the singing, but I think the music is rather good :)

EX- Agalloch is from the US???? :OMG:

Yeah, they are from Montana and Oregon (one member is from Portland, I forget who). Most people don't know that they are from the US due to their neo-folk influences, seeing as Neo-folk is largely European.

Dodens Grav said:
You know, maybe you shouldn't say anything until you have something of substance to say. Face it, most message boards are full of a bunch of shit, so suggesting that someone not say something unless there's substance to it is like telling someone not to eat unless it's of gourmet quality.

I think it's just fine to tell someone not to talk to me if they are going to base everything they say on ignorant and fallicious comments. I didn't tell him not to post here. I doubt i can get away with that though, and i'll be flamed some more, so i guess it's my job just to ignore it. It disgusts me though when people are so positive they are right when they don't have enough reason to believe so.

Besides, i HAVE tried making some more in depth posts and people flame me for it. Remember the thread on music vs. environment? probably not, it died nearly immediately.

Mumblefood said:
I think it's just fine to tell someone not to talk to me if they are going to base everything they say on ignorant and fallicious comments. I didn't tell him not to post here. I doubt i can get away with that though, and i'll be flamed some more, so i guess it's my job just to ignore it. It disgusts me though when people are so positive they are right when they don't have enough reason to believe so.

Besides, i HAVE tried making some more in depth posts and people flame me for it. Remember the thread on music vs. environment? probably not, it died nearly immediately.

It doesn't help that the only band you seem to talk about is Opeth though. Also, the more you mention how everyone bitches and yells at each other, the more it's going to happen. You came here in the mindset of people here being assholes and you've done nothing more or less but work to confirm that. Talk about the music that you like that's not Opeth. Try to pick something that more than two other people can relate to for best results. Let's face it, most people here don't listen to too much ambient music.

they don't listen to 20th century classical either. Or IDM. Or industrial. Or free noise. Barely any even listen to post rock. Yes, it is a metal forum, and i guess i can't complain, but you'd think eventually people would want to see what else is going on below the surface of modern music. or maybe not because it's probably "shit".

You can't hold someone's limited exposure to various musical genres against them. If you find that you can't hold the discussions that you want here, then maybe you should just find another board to suit those needs, and hold discussions that will actually develop here. Let's face it, the vast majority of people found this website due to their interest in Heavy Metal. A lot of them haven't even been listening for that long and haven't had the chance to explore other genres or are simply content with what they've found in Metal. That's just a fact of life though, and a fact of message boards, that's for sure. It's better to find a board into which you can fit than to fit a board to better accomodate you (because it just doesn't work).

Exactly, I personally love neo-folk and world music but you don't see me making topics on this site, mainly because it will not get much of a response, due to this being a metal community. I don't complain about it at all either.

I'm fine with that. What i am not fine with is people like Ex-cally-boo and eric flaming me and whoever else they can if they mention some music they don't like. Not being able to enjoy a band isn't something to brag about... i've said a million times, enjoying something is better than not enjoying it. It has been so so long since i have flamed someone for the music they like, yet all i see here is the supposed "big names" who know the "most" about metal flaming the shit out of everyone they can for either not knowing some bands or for liking bands they don't, which is exactly what you are telling me not to do (and i don't).

EDIT: @Dodens

It's not unique to this board, and you know that. Like I said, it's just a fact of (internet) life. This is all messageboards (more or less). In all honesty, your best solution is to find a message board for you, because this one clearly is not. Not many people share pretty much any of the same tastes with you. I really don't know what else to say.