which band made you get into metal?

Rosa Negra Imortal

love never dies
Jun 13, 2002
Jardim da Saudade
Visit site
I started with Alien Sex Fiend...but things got more serious when I listened to Metallica's black album...but there was a lack of something...soon I met Defecation and history goes on..................

: o )

obs: I don't know if this thread was done before...sorry.

I could name all the pre-influences like Metallica, B Sabbath etc,
but I'm gonna say DEATH! No one above this band. True metal!
I am arrogant and honest in my opinion!

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
hmm Get me into metal?

ugh Dokken, Winger, and White Lion...(my mom was into the hair metal scene in the 80s I sorta grew up with it)

*runs for cover*

:lol: Yeah, don't fret, when I was like, 6, my mother formed me to be a Damn Yankees fan. I can still here the awful noise of "High Enough" looping through my head.

Amorphis' Tales from the Thousand Lakes it was back in 1997. My metal taste hasn't changed too much in these 5 years I've been a metal fan, since Tales is still in my top 20 album list, pushed back only by bands like Opeth and Arcturus.

Iron Maiden and Metallica. I grew up listening to these bands, because my two older brothers were/are big fans. It was Opeth that got me into death metal.

I thought that I was such a metal head listening to Iron Maiden,Ted Nugent,Deep Purple ect... Then someone gave me Metalica's Master of Puppet album(yes I said album)lol and the rest was history!

Metallica. When I was about 5 or 6 I begged my oldest sister to make me a cassette of "that band you listen to that I like". I tossed my Sesame Street tape aside and listened to my Metallica tape til it wore out.