what your parents think about the songs you listen to?

Don't live with my parents, but my mother would never like it (or anything heavy).

My dad tolerated some of my music, but I tend to play more Pink Floyd and Zeppelin around him. Keeps everyone happy.

My gf's mother (at the house where I live now) is devoutly religious and doesn't like all that "angry devil music" - my gf plays whatever she wants at any time, but I tend to only play happier stuff loud when she's home.

Just last night, I went out and left a playlist running full of blackmetal and deathmetal.. my gf came into my room and told me to turn down my angry devil music as it was scaring her mom..

My mother hates anything remotely heavy, my dad doesn't like it, but respects it in a way as he is a music lover himself, but he listens to 95% classical music.

My brother plays drums in a Death/Thrash Metal band (see my signature) and my dad played their stuff just to hear what kind of music his son was actually playing, he could tell they were quite competent musicians, but again, the vocals were the big turn-down, as with 99% of the people who don't normally like Metal, "I like the music, but those vocals...".

My Mom's amazing. She doesn't mind. I come home and go "Look mom, I got some Marduk and Dark Funeral" Looks it over and chuckles.

She's into metal, not black, death, or anything like that. She likes the roots of metal. Maiden, Priest, Slayer...you know the old shit...to good shit :D

And i always let her hear my music. Im at the computer TOO much, so I listen to my cd's here. And she'll be at the other computer and i'll be like
"MOM! CHECK OUT THIS RIFF!" and I'll be all excited. And she'll listen ang go...
"Yeah its' pretty cool...but it's no Angel of Death" ROFLMAO

Laters all

Sometimes we get drunk with my dad and listen some Yngwie Malmsteen :) And Deep Purple's Fireball, that's his favourite...
My mom doesn't really care, she can listen anything I can...Well, as living lonely, my parents really don't have to listen anything here anymore, but if they come visiting me, then I'll torture them... ;)

My parents like acoustic Opeth, and some other softer metal songs. My dad listens to oldies and country, while my mom listens to country. My sister is the best. She listens to Metallica, and I've even got her into Sentenced and Opeth. So that's cool. I do remember my mom saying a few months ago, "Well, at least it's not that rap bullshit. Then, we'd have to kill you." So...yeah, my parents.

Originally posted by loudsilence
My dad doesn't really care about what I listen to. My mom just says how can you like that stuff? She is cool with it though. Whenever I show her some evil looking stuff from an album or something she just says "That's awful." But it doesn't bother her that I like that kind of stuff.

exactly the same here.

yeah my mom would've choped my head off if I was into rap. Thank god I think it's fuckin' stupid shit!

"BLING BLING! WHERE DO'S BITCHES BE'S AT! Yo' FOOLIO! Dem's be tight"
Rolls eyes.

At least our metal has something called melody and harmoney ;)

My mom really likes listening to it with me, as she LOVES analyzing cool song structures, and my dad like it for the guitar playing and melodic parts...neither are too big on the growling but thats about it....haven't really lived at home for almost 2 years (most time ate college, now living permanently in San Diego) so it's no bigge...but my now says she actually misses my metal...hehehe.....

she really dug Anthems to the Welkin..., Still Life, Morningrise, Vintersorg, some Immortal even, and some Dissection (the song structures and riffs!)

my mum doesnt like my music but she takes an interest in it.........my dad on the other hand does like some of it.......he actually listens to it occasionally........but that could be just to show interest :) ;)

today we were going to home with my father, Kataklysm - The Prophecy was playing and two seconds later he started to bang his head. Actually it's usual for me, he love Motorhead and rock'n roll stuff but î've never thought i'd listen Katatklysm with my dad:)

Originally posted by DoAsISayNotAsIDo
today we were going to home with my father, Kataklysm - The Prophecy was playing and two seconds later he started to bang his head. Actually it's usual for me, he love Motorhead and rock'n roll stuff but î've never thought i'd listen Katatklysm with my dad:)

Hehehe...I trying to teach my mom the "headbanging" steps!